The Young Turks with Cenk Uygur on Current 2/14/12

Everything About the Young Turks because the TYT Army is too Strong!
keithaddict
Certified Fan

The Young Turks with Cenk Uygur on Current 2/14/12

Postby keithaddict » Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:10 am

Segment 1 - Cenk interviews the bat-shit crazy conservative con-artist Andrew Breitbart about his positions and distortions.

Segment 2 - Cenk reports and comments on a new ad from the Romney campaign specifically for Michigan (with a quick money in politics reference to a bought politician) and Rick Santorum responding to Occupy protesters disrupting him while giving a speech.

Segment 3 - Cenk interviews Glenn Greenwald about Iran and its misrepresentation in the mainstream media.

Segment 4 - Cenk hosts the POWER Panel with Ari Berman of The Nation, Elise Foley of Huffington Post, and Andy Kroll of Mother Jones. They discuss Republicans caving on extending the payroll tax cut.

Segment 5 - Cenk shows a trailer for an upcoming documentary about the first ten years of TYT.

Segment 6 - Cenk talks about the future of TYT and the important of a constitutional amendment to get money out of politics.
"Debating [Brooklyn] Billy is a bit like pissing in the wind-sure you can technically do it...but what's the point?" - Philbert

"I take my role as a troll very seriously, a good part of that job is to be irritating." - Brooklyn Billy

http://www.dailykos.com/user/ProgressivePatriotPA/

http://www.twitter.com/progpatriotpa/

Marie
Certified Fan

Re: The Young Turks with Cenk Uygur on Current 2/14/12

Postby Marie » Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:29 am

keithaddict wrote:Segment 1 - Cenk interviews the bat-shit crazy conservative con-artist Andrew Breitbart about his positions and distortions. . . .

Cenk handled him really well. However, it was almost a total loss as a discussion, since the guy won't/can't shut up. No party manners.

My heart sank when Cenk said he hoped he'd come back. #-o

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

keithaddict
Certified Fan

Postby keithaddict » Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:36 am

Yeah, if you asked me in the abstract if they'd be right to do the interview and Keith is wrong that it's a waste of air space (as we can assume from what he's said about why doesn't have cons on before) I'd say Keith is probably wrong, but having actually seen how it went I definitely think Keith is right.
"Debating [Brooklyn] Billy is a bit like pissing in the wind-sure you can technically do it...but what's the point?" - Philbert

"I take my role as a troll very seriously, a good part of that job is to be irritating." - Brooklyn Billy

http://www.dailykos.com/user/ProgressivePatriotPA/

http://www.twitter.com/progpatriotpa/

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:56 am

Does anyone know why, in tweets, he (Breitbart) insists on referring to Cenk as "Steve"?

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:16 am

Okay, upon investigating Breitbart's Twitter feed tonight it's becoming clear that it's skilled Internet street theater and he's really getting off on all the attention. In fact, he's proudly and perversely adopted this as his avatar.

Cenk & Keith need to monitor, give occasional reports, but not get a fixation on this guy because it's his intention to rip off all their energy chasing his malicious and irresponsible charges. He wants to OCCUPY their heads (theirs and Marcos's, specifically), and should not be allowed to do so.

Lots of other more important stuff to talk about.

-Marie-

Return to “The Young Turks”