Digital photography advice

Help With Anything technical Or Forum Related. Geek Squad on call.
Marie
Certified Fan

Digital photography advice

Postby Marie » Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:16 am

Any suggestions re taking pictures in a darkened auditorium with a digital camera would be appreciated. I would really like my pictures of tomorrow's Cornell event -- assuming I'm close enough to the stage to get any -- to come out well, and the only other time I tried this, the results were abysmal.

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

Marie
Certified Fan

Re: Digital photography advice

Postby Marie » Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:58 pm

Thank you. All I knew was to turn off the flash. (Wouldn't have the nerve to use a flash in a darkened auditorium with someone speaking anyway.) Didn't know the other instructions that went with it, though. Will print this off and take it with.

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

Marie
Certified Fan

Re: Digital photography advice

Postby Marie » Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:38 am

Michael wrote:oh--practice at home. :grin:

Unfortunately not much time to practice for this outing. We will try some test shots inside the hall before it starts, sans flash. And take a penlight to see what the pictures are looking like during the speech. But I don't want to get too focused on picture-taking and miss half of what Keith says; in fact I'd rather concentrate on jotting down a few notes regarding that, and let my husband handle the photographic end of it. As I said on the other thread -- he's the tall one!

I'll read to him the material you furnished while we're highballing it to Ithaca. We will need some stuff to keep us sharp, as it's a 7-hr drive. I spent all last evening going over the route and printing off maps. At 5:50 they give away any seats that aren't occupied, even if you have a ticket, so we can't afford to get lost and be late!

-Marie-

Return to “Forum Help”