Security warning at sign-in

Help With Anything technical Or Forum Related. Geek Squad on call.
Marie
Certified Fan

Security warning at sign-in

Postby Marie » Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:56 pm

Had trouble logging in earlier today. A browser security warning blocked the way.

The warning appeared b/c my browser (Firefox) has upgraded to the new HTTPS secure communication protocol, and it cautioned that passwords in this forum no longer enjoy the securest protection without the new protocol.

(Checking other sites where I have saved passwords, I found that they all use HTTPS now.)

I figured out a way to log in by clearing the cache and bringing up a new browser, but that strategy is admittedly unsafe and besides, it only lasts a short time until the warning reappears, again barring the way.

What we need is for the service which hosts this forum to upgrade to HTTPS. Then we won't have to worry about having our personal info stolen by hackers.

Could this be looked into, please?

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

dejapig
Site Admin

Re: Security warning at sign-in

Postby dejapig » Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:34 am

I will make inquiries...
Be who you are & say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter & those who matter don't mind. --Dr. Seuss
Keith Olbermann rocks! --dejapig

Marie
Certified Fan

Re: Security warning at sign-in

Postby Marie » Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:36 pm

'kay.

Btw, what happened to your avatar?

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

Return to “Forum Help”