Videos Aren't Showing Up In Posts

Help With Anything technical Or Forum Related. Geek Squad on call.
Slfriend79
Site Admin

Videos Aren't Showing Up In Posts

Postby Slfriend79 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:17 am

What's up with that?!? :-(
" I'm not scared of Hell. It's just Heaven for bad people." Peter Capaldi As The Twelfth Doctor - Heaven Sent

Marie
Certified Fan

Re: Videos Aren't Showing Up In Posts

Postby Marie » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:36 am

Slfriend79 wrote:What's up with that?!? :-(

I only noticed the one vid in the "Resistance" thread missing. Thought maybe they took it down.

I can still see videos in other posts. :-s

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

Slfriend79
Site Admin

Postby Slfriend79 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:42 pm

Marie wrote:
Slfriend79 wrote:What's up with that?!? :-(

I only noticed the one vid in the "Resistance" thread missing. Thought maybe they took it down.

I can still see videos in other posts. :-s

-Marie-

There's just blank spaces, where the videos should be, on all of them for me. But when I checked, by editing the posts, the link with the YouTube thingy is still there. :?

And it's just here too. The videos are working fine on the other 2 forums I participate in. :-k
" I'm not scared of Hell. It's just Heaven for bad people." Peter Capaldi As The Twelfth Doctor - Heaven Sent

Slfriend79
Site Admin

Postby Slfriend79 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:47 pm

I just posted the new KO video and... Nothing. :?

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:03 pm

Slfriend79 wrote:I just posted the new KO video and... Nothing. :?

I can see it!

Try clearing your temporary cache, close the browser, and open up a new browser.

If they still don't show up, reboot your computer and see if that works.

Good luck! [-o<

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

Slfriend79
Site Admin

Postby Slfriend79 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:04 am

Marie wrote:
Slfriend79 wrote:I just posted the new KO video and... Nothing. :?

I can see it!

Try clearing your temporary cache, close the browser, and open up a new browser.

If they still don't show up, reboot your computer and see if that works.

Good luck! [-o<

-Marie-

Did everything you suggested and still no videos. :-(

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:48 am

Slfriend79 wrote:Did everything you suggested and still no videos. :-(

I know something's been happening with board commands. For example, I've been having trouble posting in Bold.

What do you see in the place where a vid should appear? A blank space? Some code? Can you get a screen shot?

Are any other board features not working?

-Marie-

Slfriend79
Site Admin

Postby Slfriend79 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:16 am

Marie wrote:

I know something's been happening with board commands. For example, I've been having trouble posting in Bold.

What do you see in the place where a vid should appear? A blank space? Some code? Can you get a screen shot?

-Marie-

It's just a blank space. And I'm not having any other problems. :?

Maybe it my computer. It's Windows Vista and they are no longer updating that. I'll check with the hubby when he gets some free time. :|

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:56 am

Slfriend79 wrote:
Marie wrote:

It's just a blank space. And I'm not having any other problems. :?

Maybe it my computer. It's Windows Vista and they are no longer updating that. I'll check with the hubby when he gets some free time. :|

LOL, we're a fine pair of luddites -- I'm still on XP! :lol:

Btw, while I was having breakfast, the Bold feature stated working again. So the videos may yet come back for you!

-Marie-

Slfriend79
Site Admin

Postby Slfriend79 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:04 pm

My old computer died. :-(

So the hubby gave me his to use, since he has one provided by the school for him to use there... And the videos are back, :grin:

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:32 pm

Slfriend79 wrote:My old computer died. :-(

So the hubby gave me his to use, since he has one provided by the school for him to use there... And the videos are back. :grin:

That's good, since you've been posting Keith vids you yourself couldn't watch, at least here in the forum!

So your DH's computer has software that yours doesn't. I wonder which program? Do you use different browsers? (My browser is the reason I can't watch the short videos that are embedded on Twitter, but I don't want to give up Firefox just yet b/c I like other features it offers.)

-Marie-

Return to “Forum Help”