Coconut Oil Trusted as Alzheimer's Remedy

Links to Other Websites and Blogs
jwolfbauer
Certified Fan

Coconut Oil Trusted as Alzheimer's Remedy

Postby jwolfbauer » Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:43 am

http://www.cbn.com/media/player/index.a ... JO190v1_WS
A dear old friend sent me this. I will be using coconut oil from now on and making my family do the same.
In brightest day,
In blackest night,
No evil shall escape my sight.
Let those who worship evil’s might,
Beware my power: Green Lantern’s Light.
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy."- MLK Jr.
'Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.'" JFK

dejapig
Site Admin

Re: Coconut Oil Trusted as Alzheimer's Remedy

Postby dejapig » Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:51 pm

I've heard good things about coconut oil, but that's great news about the effect on Alzheimers!
Be who you are & say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter & those who matter don't mind. --Dr. Seuss
Keith Olbermann rocks! --dejapig

jwolfbauer
Certified Fan

Postby jwolfbauer » Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:57 pm

dejapig wrote:I've heard good things about coconut oil, but that's great news about the effect on Alzheimers!

Do you remember the movie Lorenzo's Oil? All the time those kids were suffering all they needed was Olive Oil & Canola Oil.

A little about the movie.
Failing to find a doctor capable of treating their young son Lorenzo's rare disease, Augusto and Michaela Odone sought their own cure. They set out on a mission to find a treatment to save their child. In their quest, the Odones clashed with doctors, scientists, and support groups, who were skeptical that anything could be done about Adrenoleukodystrophy (ALD), much less by laypeople. But they persisted, setting up camp in medical libraries, reviewing animal experiments, badgering researchers, questioning top doctors all over the world, and even organizing an international symposium about the disease. Despite research dead ends, the horror of watching their son's health decline, and being surrounded by skeptics (including the coordinators of the support group they attended), they persisted until they finally hit upon a therapy involving adding a certain kind of oil (actually containing two specific long chain fatty acids, isolated from rapeseed [canola] oil and olive oil) to their son's diet.

That is way a lot of research bothers me. All that money, and so many crooks, why would some of them want to find cures if their bank dries up!
In brightest day,
In blackest night,
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy."- MLK Jr.
'Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.'" JFK

dejapig
Site Admin

Postby dejapig » Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:32 am

I think the scientists doing the research are eager to find cures, even if it results in something simple like a common oil being the cure. The problem is that research can be so expensive, whoever is funding that research is doing so in hopes of a discovery that will recoup them their R&D money, and then some.
Be who you are & say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter & those who matter don't mind. --Dr. Seuss

Keith Olbermann rocks! --dejapig

jwolfbauer
Certified Fan

Postby jwolfbauer » Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:05 am

dejapig wrote:I think the scientists doing the research are eager to find cures, even if it results in something simple like a common oil being the cure. The problem is that research can be so expensive, whoever is funding that research is doing so in hopes of a discovery that will recoup them their R&D money, and then some.

Dej I do believe that the ppl funding the money really want to help and get the answers. It is the Researchers, drug companies, etc, that seems to be on the side of their own agenda, when it comes to a pay check coming in every single day. The same with everything in the country. Our own politicans are supposted to be working for us - and you know where that is getting us! Just saying.
In brightest day,
In blackest night,

jwolfbauer
Certified Fan

Postby jwolfbauer » Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:12 am

Michael wrote:It is very true that natural products don't get researched in the US -- Europe does.

Lithium Carbonate was demonstrated to be effective for treating mania in 1948 in Australia. It was FDA approved in 1970. 22 years of bipolar americans needlessly suffering because there was no profit to be had in a simple salt.

I would like to see this change in my lifetime, but! We have allowed our politicans to dig our graves and now we are trying to crawl out of the hole. This country needs Deep Throat more than ever now.
In brightest day,
In blackest night,

Return to “Other Places To Visit”