The Waiting Is The Hardest Part ...

Links to Other Websites and Blogs
bobthedog

The Waiting Is The Hardest Part ...

Postby bobthedog » Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:34 pm

One of the first questions posed in the wake of the recent Disaster was, "Whither keitholbermann.org?"

What we are faced with is an hiatus which could be as short as three times the period Keith spent off-air to be with his dying father, or as long as a year or so, give or take a few months. (I seriously doubt that a man of his talents would be without a regular vehicle for much longer than 12-15 months, but new shows take time to prepare and one must also reckon the unknown factors of available slots and network [read: 'corporate'] appetite.) So, anywhere between 5-15 months - that's my read on the situation.

Ah then, back to Question #1: "Quo Vadis?" Well, we can pout and whinge and girn and greet [a Scots word for 'lament' - I'm not implying the shaking of hands and making of introductions], or we can do what Keith would likely want us to do: stay informed and involved, and don't give the bastards the satisfaction of watching us cry.

I for one am going to continue enjoying Rachel Maddow. Those of you who are 'boycotting' MSNBC or don't have a taste for the most fact-filled hour of informational overload on television missed some excellent reportage by her last night on the participation of such sellouts as Bob Barr, Lani Davis, Rudy Giuliani, and Mark Pence as PR Men to foreign dictators - including Rudy's heinous hypocrisy representing Saudi Arabia after his big show of tearing up a cheque from them 3 days after the attacks of September 11, 2001 - and the more recent representation by Bob Barr of Baby Doc Duvalier, the infamous mass-murdering dictator of Haiti:

http://rockthetruth.blogspot.com/2007/1 ... rists.html

http://fromtheleft.wordpress.com/2011/0 ... -duvalier/

So, ya don't watch Rachel / ya miss the News - it's as simple as that.

I'll also watch Lawrence O'Donnell's show, and even Hardball when I can stomach it (for the occasional Fact that comes out from one of his guests; I may not like watching drool fly from Tweety's giant Square Head, but I'll catch anything David Corn or Eugene Robinson or Jonathan Alter have to say). Someone said earlier that O'Donnell was so "diplomatic" - but I've seen him tear into three Lying Repuglicans since he took air in a manner that would make Keith blush. Worth watching.

And so I'll pass the time Waiting For Keith by keeping myself informed and being true to ideals I share with him, the ideals which attracted me to his show in the first place. And this forum can survive in much the same way: by staying true to those ideals and not languishing in despair or petulance that our favourite Idol is off-air for a wee whilie.

Of course, that's just my opinion; I could be wrong.

Disclaimer: no, it's a cold hard Fact you can bank on; I am never wrong. :grin:
Last edited by bobthedog on Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sub-Level28
Certified Fan

Re: The Waiting Is The Hardest Part ...

Postby Sub-Level28 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:44 pm

Oh I'll keep getting The Rachel Maddow Show podcast.
She after Keith is the only Truth seeker.
Only seen snipits of The Last Word (no podcast and Norway don't have MSNBC anyway) so I don't know if it's actuallt good.
"Go forth and spread beauty and light" Keith's sign off August 12th '09

Twitter @SubLevel28

Used with permisssion by ReasonVsFear

scifibird
Certified Fan

Postby scifibird » Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:53 pm

I,also, will keep watching Lawrence, Rachel and most times Ed. And, I do watch Chris - I just watched him tear apart a tea party member which was quite satisfying! They are the voices I have left and I will stick by them biding my time until Keith comes back.

bobthedog

Postby bobthedog » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:09 pm

Sub-Level28 wrote:Oh I'll keep getting The Rachel Maddow Show podcast.
She after Keith is the only Truth seeker.
Only seen snipits of The Last Word (no podcast and Norway don't have MSNBC anyway) so I don't know if it's actuallt good.

O'Donnell is an 'Acquired Taste'. I agree with Michael that he is not Mr. Charisma, but disagree with him on his value as a Liberal voice.

Let me use a Food Analogy, if you will:

If Keith Olbermann is the sort of Spicy that one gets from a fiery Mexican dish made with Jalapeños and Serranos, then Lawrence O'Donnell is the sort of Spicy that one gets from a fiery Moroccan dish made with Birds Eye Peppers. The sort of Slow Burn that builds slowly and fades slowly, rather than exploding all at once and then rapidly mellowing away. They are both delicious and have their place; I see no reason to assign labels such as "beter than" or "worse than" to them.

Rachel, of course, is more like a lovely piquant Curry from Rajasthan; floral notes and cumin highlight an underlying spiciness, masking the true Heat of her attack on the fascists with humour and diplomacy.

<suddenly very hungry>

bobthedog

Postby bobthedog » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:13 pm

scifibird wrote:I,also, will keep watching Lawrence, Rachel and most times Ed. And, I do watch Chris - I just watched him tear apart a tea party member which was quite satisfying! They are the voices I have left and I will stick by them biding my time until Keith comes back.

Yeah, Tweety only hits about 5% of the time - but when he does it's a joy to watch... Like seeing a particularly stupid dog tear into a thug when he would normally go up and lick his hand and roll over to get his belly scratched. Good dog! Who'sagoodboy?!

:lol:

As for "the voices we have left": my point exactly!

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:17 pm

Will watch Lawrence & Rachel for sure, Chris if I like his guests and Ed if I still have any energy left.

I don't watch any other TV news; all my news is from the Internet and MSNBC primetime.

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

Countdownfan2007

Postby Countdownfan2007 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:22 pm

I watch Lawrence and Rachel sometimes but, I don't watch that much of Chris Matthews or even Ed.
I am back & here to stay..I hope.

bobthedog

Postby bobthedog » Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:49 pm

Countdownfan2007 wrote:I watch Lawrence and Rachel sometimes but, I don't watch that much of Chris Matthews or even Ed.

Chris Matthews is a Talking Pumpkin (and a near-rotten one, at that) and Ed is a bloated blowhard (with a heart of gold - I just can't stand watching him).

Tweety considered running for political office briefly as a Republican, like his brother, and will sway whichever way the wind is blowing in order to keep his bread buttered. If they told him to start selling Goldline and denouncing the FEMA Death Camps* tomorrow he'd be all over it like some sort of albino slug on a decaying swamp-mould. He disgusts me.

*[Note: there are no FEMA Death-Camps...]

Return to “Other Places To Visit”