My Granddaughter Meggie

Links to Other Websites and Blogs
jwolfbauer
Certified Fan

Re: My Granddaughter Meggie

Postby jwolfbauer » Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:29 am

http://nairobi2010.wordpress.com/2011/02/25/hey-hey/

Meggie is home! Stress is gone. She just posted this blog, which won't be her last. She still has a lot to say and a lot of picture, which will take some time to get on her blog.

Thank you all for your prayers. You're all such wonderful people! :wink:
In brightest day,
In blackest night,
No evil shall escape my sight.
Let those who worship evil’s might,
Beware my power: Green Lantern’s Light.
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy."- MLK Jr.
'Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.'" JFK

v.collier

Postby v.collier » Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:26 am

Janet,

As a person who has lived in 16 different countries, and having spent her formative years in Africa during the 60's, and a couple trips to Africa as an adult, I will not sugar coat my comments. Africa is bloody dangerous. I have heard and seen things that would haunt you. When you travel any where you need to have your wits about you. You need to have the ability to look after yourself; you need to be aware of the people around you; you need to be able to assess the situation you are in, you need to be particularly aware in Africa, that you are in danger 24 hours a day. Tourists are ripe for the picking, they are unaware of the danger, they are too trusting, too open, too much! Consulates and embassies around the world are kept very busy rescuing their citizens from some horrific situations. Young tourists from America, Germany, England and the like, have been drawn into relationships with the locals, only to find themselves locked in small rooms, servicing local punters. The Consulates and embassies have to go into the townships to rescue these girls, hospitalize them and send them home. These girls will be drug addicts, and inevitably have AIDS, they are ruined. That is just one example of what might happen. Things happen very quickly. Often for no reason.

Being in an organized Christian group, will not protect you. Africa is no place for a young foreign woman. Your grand daughter will be in danger. Talk to your Embassy officials about the rescues of foreigners in Africa. Please educate yourself and your grand daughter about the dangers of traveling in Africa. Google questions about the problems that tourists have had.

Your grand daughter owes it to herself to get educated. She should travel to other countries first before attempting Africa.

jwolfbauer
Certified Fan

Postby jwolfbauer » Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:24 am

v.collier wrote:Janet,

As a person who has lived in 16 different countries, and having spent her formative years in Africa during the 60's, and a couple trips to Africa as an adult, I will not sugar coat my comments. Africa is bloody dangerous. I have heard and seen things that would haunt you. When you travel any where you need to have your wits about you. You need to have the ability to look after yourself; you need to be aware of the people around you; you need to be able to assess the situation you are in, you need to be particularly aware in Africa, that you are in danger 24 hours a day. Tourists are ripe for the picking, they are unaware of the danger, they are too trusting, too open, too much! Consulates and embassies around the world are kept very busy rescuing their citizens from some horrific situations. Young tourists from America, Germany, England and the like, have been drawn into relationships with the locals, only to find themselves locked in small rooms, servicing local punters. The Consulates and embassies have to go into the townships to rescue these girls, hospitalize them and send them home. These girls will be drug addicts, and inevitably have AIDS, they are ruined. That is just one example of what might happen. Things happen very quickly. Often for no reason.

Being in an organized Christian group, will not protect you. Africa is no place for a young foreign woman. Your grand daughter will be in danger. Talk to your Embassy officials about the rescues of foreigners in Africa. Please educate yourself and your grand daughter about the dangers of traveling in Africa. Google questions about the problems that tourists have had.

Your grand daughter owes it to herself to get educated. She should travel to other countries first before attempting Africa.

Thank God v.collier you didn't tell me this before she went. She spent 6 months there without a hitch. She is home since last Monday and I'm very glad nothing of the sort happened to her. Thanks for the heads up.
In brightest day,
In blackest night,
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy."- MLK Jr.
'Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.'" JFK

jwolfbauer
Certified Fan

Postby jwolfbauer » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:13 pm

http://nairobi2010.wordpress.com/photos ... -roseanne/

I have a confession to make. The picture of the young woman smiling, with the square glasses, was not Megan, I posted that picture because she is Meg's best friend and she looks like Meggie. I was told not to post Megan's actual name on the pics, because of security reasons. Even tho I know none of you are a security risk, non-the-less, I had to do it for every one I sent her blog too. I'm sorry I had to miss lead you guys, it was not my idea and I still don't understand the risk, and as far as I know they were never in any danger. Anyway a lie is a lie, one which I would do again, if had too.

Now I can tell you Megan is the girl in the very back of the pack in this picture.
In brightest day,
In blackest night,

Return to “Other Places To Visit”