What's in the Stim?

Links to Other Websites and Blogs
dejapig
Site Admin

What's in the Stim?

Postby dejapig » Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:14 pm

Very helpful website for finding out what exactly is in the Economic Stimulus Plan, "following the money from bills to building." Really helps make sense of the senseless! =D>

http://shovelwatch.wnyc.org/
ShovelWatch is a joint project of the non-profit investigative journalism organization ProPublica, the morning news program The Takeaway and WNYC, New York's flagship public radio station.

ProPublica is an independent, non-profit newsroom that produces investigative journalism in the public interest. Our work focuses exclusively on truly important stories, stories with “moral force.” We do this by producing journalism that shines a light on exploitation of the weak by the strong and on the failures of those with power to vindicate the trust placed in them.

The Takeaway with John Hockenberry and Adaora Udoji The Takeaway is the new national morning news program that delivers the news and analysis you need to catch up, start your day, and prepare for what’s ahead. Be a part of the American conversation.

WNYC Radio 93.9FM, 820 AM WNYC 93.9 FM and AM 820 are New York's flagship public radio stations, broadcasting the finest programs from National Public Radio and Public Radio International with a commitment to investigative reporting and listener participation
Be who you are & say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter & those who matter don't mind. --Dr. Seuss
Keith Olbermann rocks! --dejapig

AaronCT

Re: What's in the Stim?

Postby AaronCT » Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:11 pm

I've been looking for something like this, and you know how I feel about charts. ;) :)

Thanks for the link!
"Overcome the angry by non-anger; overcome the wicked by goodness; overcome the miser by generosity; overcome the liar by truth." ~The Buddha

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." ~Mark Twain

dejapig
Site Admin

Postby dejapig » Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:16 pm

Ah ha! My diabolical plan worked! Plant the link enticing Aaron with pretty charts so he will pore over all that information and boil it down into a chart I can more readily absorb and understand. :grin:

Can't wait! Thanks in advance, Aaron!
Be who you are & say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter & those who matter don't mind. --Dr. Seuss

Keith Olbermann rocks! --dejapig

AaronCT

Postby AaronCT » Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:14 pm

dejapig wrote:Ah ha! My diabolical plan worked! Plant the link enticing Aaron with pretty charts so he will pore over all that information and boil it down into a chart I can more readily absorb and understand. :grin:

Can't wait! Thanks in advance, Aaron!

Well, this one pretty much says it all. :)
"Overcome the angry by non-anger; overcome the wicked by goodness; overcome the miser by generosity; overcome the liar by truth." ~The Buddha

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." ~Mark Twain

Return to “Other Places To Visit”