WGN's 'Salem' is kinda cool, so far

Books, Movies and Other TV
Books, TV and Movies!
Marie
Certified Fan

WGN's 'Salem' is kinda cool, so far

Postby Marie » Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:25 pm

This treatment proceeds on the assumption that there really were witches in Massachusetts and that they were running the trials -- unbeknownst to the city fathers who ironically had started the witch hunt in hopes of protecting their settlement from demonic forces.

This all takes place against the backdrop of the French and Indian wars, with refugees fleeing to Boston from their attacked compounds, bringing their post-traumatic stress with them and contributing to the general paranoia of Puritans who expect their godly settlement to be unmercifully tested.

Superstition, sorcery, greed, lust, and revenge with a capital R -- what a dangerous brew!

Recommended. Definitely for adults only. (Airs again this morning in the wee hours.)

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

Marie
Certified Fan

Re: WGN's 'Salem' is kinda cool, so far

Postby Marie » Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:37 pm

New epi airs in 35 mins, if anyone's interested.

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

Marie
Certified Fan

'Salem' Season 3 premiere Wed. 11/2

Postby Marie » Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:33 am

I was beginning to wonder if they'd ever get it together, but 6 months after the originally projected date we're finally getting Season 3. :-)

http://www.wgnamerica.com/series/Salem

-Marie-

Return to “Books, Movies and Other TV”