MediaMatters reviews D'Souza's quack-umentary abt Obama

Books, Movies and Other TV
Books, TV and Movies!
Marie
Certified Fan

MediaMatters reviews D'Souza's quack-umentary abt Obama

Postby Marie » Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:24 pm

"2016: Obama's America" skips facts, contradicts itself, and hilariously disses Ronald Reagan -- yet none of its inconsistencies trouble the movie's ardent fans. #-o

http://mediamatters.org/blog/2012/08/27 ... ica/189581

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

proudliberal

Re: MediaMatters reviews D'Souza's quack-umentary abt Obama

Postby proudliberal » Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:50 pm

This hatchet job of a film was made to appeal to Obama-haters. Anyone with any sense of reason should be laughing D'Souza off the face of the planet.
Necessity is the mother of invention. We don't know who the father is, because Necessity gets around alot.

Slfriend79
Site Admin

Postby Slfriend79 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:48 pm

D'Souza also blames Americans for 9/11 and expressed sympathy for the terrorists. saiyan

SUNDAY, AUGUST 26, 2012

So, You Went to See Dinesh D’Souza’s Anti-Obama Documentary?

That’s nice.

Did you know that he blamed Americans for 9/11 and expressed sympathy for the terrorists who carried out the attacks?

THE ENEMY AT HOME:

THE CULTURAL LEFT AND ITS RESPONSIBILITY FOR 9/11

by Dinesh D’Souza

In this book I make a claim that will seem startling at the outset. The cultural left in this country (such people as Hillary Clinton, Ted Kennedy, Nancy Pelosi, Barbara Boxer, George Soros, Michael Moore, Bill Moyers, and Noam Chomsky) is responsible for causing 9/11. The term “cultural left” does not refer to the Democratic Party. Nor does it refer to all liberals. It refers to the left wing of the Democratic Party—admittedly the most energetic group among Democrats, and the main source of the party’s ideas. The cultural left also includes a few Republicans, notably those who adopt a left-wing stance on foreign policy and social issues. Moreover, the cultural left includes organizations such as the American Civil Liberties Union, the National Organization for Women, People for the American Way, Planned Parenthood, Human Rights Watch, and moveon.org.

In faulting the cultural left, I am not making the absurd accusation that this group blew up the World Trade Center and the Pentagon. I am saying that the cultural left and its allies in Congress, the media, Hollywood, the nonprofit sector and the universities are the primary cause of the volcano of anger toward America that is erupting from the Islamic world. The Muslims who carried out the 9/11 attacks were the product of this visceral rage—some of it based on legitimate concerns, some of it based on wrongful prejudice—but all of it fueled and encouraged by the cultural left. Thus without the cultural left, 9/11 would not have happened.

Yes, the guy behind 2016: Obama’s America said some of the 9/11 terrorists’ rage was “based on legitimate concerns.”

The internet is forever, Mr. D’Souza. But have fun with the money you’ll make spreading lies about our President.

http://davescornertavern.blogspot.com/2 ... ouzas-anti.

Link to D'Souza's Page: http://web.archive.org/web/201107161908 ... intro.html
"Laugh hard, run fast, be kind." - Peter Capaldi as the Twelfth Doctor (Twice Upon A Time)

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:01 am

D'Souza blamed Americans, yes -- but they were the same Americans that Falwell & Robertson blamed.

D'Souza pointedly avoided blaming the one individual most responsible -- President Bush, who ignored the warning of Clinton intelligence experts during the 2000-01 transition that al Qaeda would be the country's greatest threat.

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

dejapig
Site Admin

Postby dejapig » Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:35 am

As big a buffoon as W was, I don't blame him for 9/11. Terrorism of that magnitude was unheard of at that time. While it would have been nice if some of the dots could have been connected beforehand (like the FBI agent that red-flagged the flying, but not landing, lessons one of the terrorists took), hijacking multiple planes to crash into multiple iconic US sites was just not on the radar, so to speak, at that time. Now, sadly, it is.
Be who you are & say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter & those who matter don't mind. --Dr. Seuss
Keith Olbermann rocks! --dejapig

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:10 am

dejapig wrote:As big a buffoon as W was, I don't blame him for 9/11. Terrorism of that magnitude was unheard of at that time. While it would have been nice if some of the dots could have been connected beforehand (like the FBI agent that red-flagged the flying, but not landing, lessons one of the terrorists took), hijacking multiple planes to crash into multiple iconic US sites was just not on the radar, so to speak, at that time. Now, sadly, it is.

There's a great deal of information about the planes-as-weapons scenario & when the danger was first considered and understood and by whom, and how often after that before 9/11, as outlined here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/September_ ... s_missiles The evidence points to it not having been a new idea within the intelligence community or among a related genre of writers from the early '90s onward. Keith noted many prior examples in this 2006 Countdown report (transcript included there also).

What I was referring to, however, wasn't that, but rather that al Qaeda wasn't on the administration's radar, despite Sandy Berger specifically slipping Bush a note, as the transition was ending, alerting him to the danger. Bush never even mentioned bin Laden or al Qaeda publicly before 9/11, ignoring Clinton holdovers such as Richard Clarke trying to warn him (not just about the famous "bin Laden determined..." memo, but on numerous other occasions) literally from the moment Bush took office.

Bush, with his lack of foreign policy experience and social conservative orientation was focused on domestic issues* -- primarily "reforming" Social Security -- until his tunnel vision caught up with him, or should I say with us.

D'Souza, like Falwell and Robinson, seems to think homosexual rights enraging Muslims in the Middle East was a more proximate cause of the attack than Bush's inattentiveness. In view of everything that's been published about the run-up to 9/11, I'm afraid I have to disagree with his assessment.

-Marie-
*With the exception of his obsession with Iraq.

dnkoa

Postby dnkoa » Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:03 am

Yeah, prior to 9/11 it was always a question of when, not if, there would be a major terrorist attack. Speculation on how such an attack might occur was discussed fairly frequently in the media in the mid to late 90s. Certainly after the WTC garage bombing, Oklahoma City, Clinton's missile strikes against bin Laden, the Cole bombing, etc.

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:13 am

dnkoa wrote:Yeah, prior to 9/11 it was always a question of when, not if, there would be a major terrorist attack. Speculation on how such an attack might occur was discussed fairly frequently in the media in the mid to late 90s. Certainly after the WTC garage bombing, Oklahoma City, Clinton's missile strikes against bin Laden, the Cole bombing, etc.

It just made you want to grind your teeth to hear Rice, et all, claim after the attack that no one in the outgoing administration had given them a plan to deal with al Qaeda and terrorism, when reports with titles like Here's a PLAN to Deal with al Qaeda and Terrorism, Will You Do the Country a Favor and READ IT, Facryinoutloud??? were being thrust into their hands by Clarke and others on the transition team! :x

The Bush administration's entire foreign policy for the first 8 months could be summed up in one word: Iraq. If it wasn't about pinning something dastardly on Iraq, they weren't interested.

The right's asserting that Muslim fury over American moral degeneracy was the cause of 9/11 is like their current insistence that vaginas have magical rapist sperm-killing powers.

-Marie-

The Icy Commander
Grammar-impaired troll

Anyone seen "2016" ?

Postby The Icy Commander » Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:00 am

Saw it last week. If this movie had come out in '08 I really doubt Obama would have gotten past Hillary.

dejapig
Site Admin

Postby dejapig » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:05 am

The Icy Commander wrote:Saw it last week. If this movie had come out in '08 I really doubt Obama would have gotten past Hillary.

Merged your post with the thread already in progress on the same topic. Try and keep up, Icy. :roll:

And...
"If ifs and buts were candy and nuts we'd all have a merry christmas." :lol:
Be who you are & say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter & those who matter don't mind. --Dr. Seuss

Keith Olbermann rocks! --dejapig

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:18 pm

And if a frog had wings he wouldn't bump his ass so much.

(The faith-based party no doubt has decided it actually HAS wings.)

-Marie-

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:45 am

Don't know if anyone here was tempted to look in on Bill Maher on Friday, but in the first 15 minutes he makes
kindling
matchsticks out of his opening interviewee -- guess who!

(He still holds a grudge for D'Souza hanging him out to dry in 2001. Long memory = tough interview.)

-Marie-

dnkoa

Postby dnkoa » Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:35 pm

I don't always like Bill, but I have to say he's probably the best of the liberal hosts in being able to call out bullshit in "real time". He has command of his facts and can think on his feet.

JennyB

Postby JennyB » Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:25 am

Marie wrote:Don't know if anyone here was tempted to look in on Bill Maher on Friday, but in the first 15 minutes he makes
kindling
matchsticks out of his opening interviewee -- guess who!

(He still holds a grudge for D'Souza hanging him out to dry in 2001. Long memory = tough interview.)

-Marie-

I saw that... Beautifully orchestrated on Bills part.. PDT27

In fact the whole show was well done, had me on the edge of the seat.

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:00 pm

UPDATE:

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

D'Souza just lot his job as president of a conservative Christian school after -- get this -- ANNOUNCING HIS ENGAGEMENT TO ANOTHER WOMAN while he was STILL MARRIED!!!

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/archives/2 ... d_fall.php

My, how have the mighty fallen! Quel tragique.

-Marie-

Return to “Books, Movies and Other TV”