Mel Gibson, what a shame

Books, Movies and Other TV
Books, TV and Movies!
dnkoa

Mel Gibson, what a shame

Postby dnkoa » Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:50 pm

http://www.thewrap.com/movies/article/mel-gibson-rage-recording-costa-rica-37112?page=0,1

In spite of his politics, I'm a big fan of his movies, both as actor and a director. I just hope he doesn't decide to cash it all in, though it wouldn't surprise me in the least if that's what's coming.

proudliberal

Re: Mel Gibson, what a shame

Postby proudliberal » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:58 pm

He's a terrific actor, and I've enjoyed many of his movies in the past. However, after hearing some of his rants, I can't bring myself to watch him anymore.
Necessity is the mother of invention. We don't know who the father is, because Necessity gets around alot.

dnkoa

Postby dnkoa » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:39 pm

Braveheart is one of my top five favorite movies. The man is ill and needs to be institutionalized for his own protection. He's admitted that he was suicidal in the past.

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:51 pm

To Michael's honor roll I'd like to add "The Year of Living Dangerously" as a film not to be missed. In addition I enjoyed Gibson's take on the Bounty legend and was transfixed by "Apocalypto."

I honestly can't remember whether I watched "Passion" or not because there was so much talk and so many clips from it shown at the time of its release, I may just think I did. :-)

It would be great if prodigiously talented people could be private citizens if they so desired; there are creative individuals who don't deal well with celebrity, and Gibson appears to be one of these. I don't know how much credence to give his recently publicized bipolar diagnosis.

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

dnkoa

Postby dnkoa » Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:34 am

Yeah, I hostly wouldn't care about his personal life, except that when his personal life causes a spectacle he obviously is damaging his reputation and ability to make/ star in movies.

keen4keith
Certified Fan

Postby keen4keith » Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:28 pm

Sorry, I just can't stand Mel Gibson anymore. I used to have 3 or 4 of his movies, I threw them out. I kept "The Patriot," because I did love that movie and I still do, but other than that, I want nothing to do with him anymore.

Return to “Books, Movies and Other TV”