Marie
Certified Fan

Re: "It's... a... wonderful night for Oscar!"

Postby Marie » Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:42 pm

He is!
This is the WORST EPISODE of Downton Abbey EVER. #oscars
http://twitiq.com/_/t/173948424864018432

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:54 pm

... and the award goes to...

Meryl Streep's earrings! =D>

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

dnkoa

Postby dnkoa » Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:04 pm

Nice to see the great Christopher Plummer win one finally, but I would have preferred the even greater Max von Sydow.

I was hoping for Viola Davis for The Help. I liked that Streep pretty much admitted she didn't deserve to win. It's a shame that she got an Oscar for playing such an awful PM (glad she didn't thank Maggie in her speech).

Glad Woody won another for the wonderful Midnight in Paris, but disappointed he was still a sourpuss about attending. It'll probably be his final Oscar, and he deserved to have one last hurrah.

Other than that (shrug). The Artist is a nice sweet film, but not much more. I would have liked Moneyball or Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy (not even nominated!) to have won.

Return to “Books, Movies and Other TV”