Clint Eastwood's Superbowl ad

Books, Movies and Other TV
Books, TV and Movies!
dnkoa

Clint Eastwood's Superbowl ad

Postby dnkoa » Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:38 am

It fits with last year's similar salute to Detroit's auto industry rebound, and Eastwood also directed Gran Torino, about a retired Detroit autoworker.

Keith didn't like the ad, basically calling it bullshit on Twitter. He may be right that it's nothing but platitudes, but I find it a little refreshing to hear a Republican like Eastwood pay tribute to the success of Obama saving the auto industry, even though of course he doesn't mention Obama by name.

Marie
Certified Fan

Re: Clint Eastwood's Superbowl ad

Postby Marie » Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:37 am

Aw, they took the video down. Someone will no doubt post another one before long, tho.

I saw Keith's tweet & wondered what it was all about.....

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

RareBird
Certified Fan

Re: Clint Eastwood's Superbowl ad

Postby RareBird » Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:47 pm

I felt it was an Obama tribute all the way and loved it. It implied it's half time in the administration and no time to go fiddly fucking off the rails into free fall. Can't imagine Keith's gripe. It got a lot of attention one way or the other and Eastwood said he's cool with anyone who benefits from it. Hello.

Return to “Books, Movies and Other TV”