A Game of Thrones

Books, Movies and Other TV
Books, TV and Movies!
JennyB

Re: A Game of Thrones

Postby JennyB » Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:38 am

Hey Phil I just saw this article about the "Beaner" being in a pub brawl.
Gotta love those Brits!!! :lol:

http://www.salon.com/entertainment/tv/g ... n_attacked

Beaner.jpg
Beaner.jpg (32.33 KiB) Viewed 3195 times

Nice photo :grin:

You have to be somewhat out of your mind to take on one of the bloodthirsty warmongers from HBO's popular George R. R. Martin adaptation, "Game of Thrones." After all, these guys wouldn't think twice about putting their sabers between your ribs on TV, and in real life, actors like Sean Bean (who plays lead Lord Eddard Stark) and Jason Momoa (Khal Drogo) aren't any less intimidating. So why are the actors constantly under attack?

The most recent injury occurred earlier this week when Bean was drinking at a pub in London. According to the Daily Mail, a drunk passing by made lewd comments toward the "Lord of the Rings" actor's female drinking partner, and Bean stepped in to confront the man. Although he initially slinked away, the guy later returned and punched Bean in the face, then stabbed him in the arm with broken glass.

But because Bean is such a badass (and has his reputation to protect), the actor refused to go to a hospital, and instead ordered another round of beer. Another patron of the pub gave a quote when Bean and his lady-friend refused to comment:

"He came in with a cut on his arm and a bruise on his eyebrow. We saw to his injuries with the first aid kit. He seemed ok and wanted to have another drink.

This might be seen as an isolated incident -- after all, Bean just kind of looks like a badass who could handle his way through more than a couple of drunken bar brawls -- except for the fact that his costar Jason Momoa once had his face rearranged in a very similar incident back in 2008. During that November, Momoa, who at that point was best known for his roles on "Baywatch" and "Stargate: Atlantis," was attacked by a fellow barfly in Hollywood and smashed in the face with a beer mug. Momoa required 140 stitches to repair his good looks during reconstructive surgery. (It seems to have worked, as Momoa will be playing the title role in the upcoming "Conan the Barbarian" film.)

The takeaway from all this? Maybe the fantasy warriors need to steer clear of the local drinking establishments for a while and get their daily fill of mead on-set only.

JennyB

Postby JennyB » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:20 am

Philbert wrote:
JennyB wrote:Hey Phil I just saw this article about the "Beaner" being in a pub brawl.
Gotta love those Brits!!! :lol:

Yeah, I read about this yesterday. Bean's got a reputation for being something of a bad-ass. I would imagine more than one moron has thought to test "Captain Sharpe" over the years. Of course if it has been Charles Dance instead of Bean, he would have just had the guy killed.

A Lannister always pays his debts after all. (Yes, that was a Tywin joke.)

Did you click on the link and continue reading? There was a story about you're girlfriend PDT_Love_09 Dany....
I did read somewhere Beaner had a domestic violence issue with one of his ex-wives... :evil:

JennyB

Postby JennyB » Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:43 pm

Philbert wrote:
JennyB wrote:Phil for the life of me I can't what actress they will find to play the part of the Fair Maiden Brienne of Tarth :LMAO and could it be that the Lion of Lannister and his bloody stump might be in love with this fair wench PDT_Love_05

It's still a bit early to know for sure but they may close to casting this part. The rumors are that it may go to a young European actress named Eva Damen.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1987416/

I have to say that she certainly looks the part. She's 5'9 and has a facial scar to boot-which IIRC Brienne of Tarth has.

[

see I picture her with a more oval and flater face. this girl looks to pretty.

JennyB

Postby JennyB » Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:57 pm

Michael wrote:I can't really call her "pretty"

damen.jpeg

This is much better. Yes this is Brienne of Tarth... =D>

JennyB

Postby JennyB » Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:19 am

Well she is freakishly tall! They can make her less pretty, chop up the hair and almost no makeup.

JennyB

Postby JennyB » Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:22 pm

I GOT IT, I GOT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

The 5th book is on the shelves now and I bought it!!!!!!!! Can' wait to get home and bury my nose in it...

JennyB

Postby JennyB » Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:15 pm

Philbert wrote:
JennyB wrote:I GOT IT, I GOT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

The 5th book is on the shelves now and I bought it!!!!!!!! Can' wait to get home and bury my nose in it...

Do me a favor-don't spoil me. I haven't read it yet. Btw, is it just in hardcover (which is what usually happens) or did they do a massmarket paperback release (that usually takes a year).

I promise I won't spoil it for you.....
Yes hard cover only and it's expensive... I had my Borders discount and got 40% off that was the only way I was buying it.

JennyB

Postby JennyB » Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:40 pm

I only buy the hard cover if it's something I really really and I really really wanted this book...

I have almost all the Charlain Harris "Sookie Stackhouse" books a few of those are hardcover they were gift from my husband and son.

JennyB

Postby JennyB » Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:31 am

Phil I can't seem to finish this book #-o I'm only about halfway through the nine hundred and fifty something pages. I'm going to have to go back and reread all the chapters on Dany from the other books. This book is very Dany heavy in plot.

JennyB

Postby JennyB » Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:06 am

has the illustrious author said anything lately about when the next two books to wrap this up are going o be coming out?

I know he is at Comic Con, I haven't read any additional articles on him in the last two weeks.

JennyB

Postby JennyB » Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:32 am

well I hope I remember in five years....

JennyB

Postby JennyB » Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:55 pm

Phil pony up and get the book :x .... I need someone to discuss with :grin:

JennyB

Postby JennyB » Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:01 pm

Ser Davos Seaworth (Liam Cunningham)-aka "The Onion Knight." A former smuggler from the docks of King's Landing, Davos was responsible for keeping Stannis's troops fed during the siege of Storm's End during the war against the Targaryens. For his service, Stannis knighted him-after taking off the tips of his figers in one hand as a penalty for his smuggling. Probably my favorite character in all the books. With Ned Stark dead, Ser Davos is probably the moral center of the story. Honest (okay, there is the smuggling), brave and unflinchingly loyal, he is the one man who Stannis trusts above everyone else...except Melisandre. Liam Cunningham is a first rate Irish character actor whose work I am currently enjoying in the BBCA show "Outcasts" (which I guess now is not going to be doing more episodes.) I had thought maybe Eccleston or Purefoy would get this part but maybe there will be something else for them. Ser Davos is a point of view character in the second book so this is a BIG role.

I love Ser Davos, he's like a cat with nine lives... He just keeps turning up.

I halfheartedly started watching Outcasts one night but wasn't paying a whole lot attention to it. Now I have to go back and re-watch it.

JennyB

Postby JennyB » Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:43 pm

It's rather dull, I must admit. It reminds me of that old NBC sci-fi drama about 15 years ago, "Earth 2."
OMG Phil when I posted I almost said that, yes it is!!
:lol:

JennyB

Postby JennyB » Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:13 am

here Phil - have you seen this yet?

ttp://www.wpix.com/entertainment/sns-rt ... 9344.story

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - HBO executives said on Thursday they were delighted and surprised at the success of new fantasy show "Game of Thrones" but they gave no guarantees that the TV series would cover all the books in the series.

"I don't know where the show will end, as opposed to the books," HBO programing chief Michael Lombardo told TV reporters.

"It would be fantastic to be able to say this show will go on for 10 years, and do every aspect of the books. I don't know that will be the case," he added. "We'll see, but we are doing this without any predetermined idea of the number of seasons."

"Game of Thrones" is currently reaching about 13.5 million viewers, including repeat episodes, HBO said. The series is derived from the five best-selling novels by George R.R. Martin published so far and production on season two is already underway.

"I think the show was a great surprise to a lot of people. The numbers bear that out. We couldn't be more delighted about the new season," said HBO co-president Richard Plepler.

But the two executives said decisions on the number of seasons would also depend partly on how long the writers and producers of the TV version want to remain involved.

Lombardo said however that the premium cable channel takes very seriously the passions of fans for the book series.

"That is a relationship that we are very aware and respectful of," he added.

"Game of Thrones" earned 13 nominations for the 2011 Emmy Awards, including best drama.

Return to “Books, Movies and Other TV”