Farscape

Books, Movies and Other TV
Books, TV and Movies!
JennyB

Re: Farscape

Postby JennyB » Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:25 pm

Phil I was wondering have you ever gone to any of the comic cons? Do you get many down in S.C.?

JennyB

Postby JennyB » Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:45 pm

Sorry I got my Carolinas confused :lol:

We did a Star Trek convention out at Valley Forge Pa convention center back around 92.. It was fun people watching... :lol:

I'd really love to go to the San Diego Comic Con... I'll put that on my bucket list!

JennyB

Postby JennyB » Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:54 pm

Philbert wrote:
JennyB wrote:Sorry I got my Carolinas confused :lol:

We did a Star Trek convention out at Valley Forge Pa convention center back around 92.. It was fun people watching... :lol:

I'd really love to go to the San Diego Comic Con... I'll put that on my bucket list!

The cast of Farscape usually does Comic Con, at least some of them do. That's the biggest one in the country, right?

Yeah I think so, you should check Dragon Con I think that one is in Atlanta - a little closer for you. They rotate the guests all the time, their was one here in Cherry Hill NJ about 2 yrs ago I was going to take my son to. Only because Zelenka & Lorne were going to be there from SGA but my son got sick and we couldn't go. There is another one here in the Meadowlands in November that's a pretty big one also.

JennyB

Postby JennyB » Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:57 pm

http://www.dragoncon.org/dc_guests_list.php

Check it out and see if any of the Farscape peep's are going to be there.

JennyB

Postby JennyB » Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:54 am

I see a road trip in your future... Buy your tickets now, and they charge per appearance..

The Star Trek one we went to years ago it was only and admission fee and you could move from discusion to discussion we got to see James Doolan and Mirina SIrtus. James was amazing he jumped down off the stage and securrity went nuts, he told them to "go sit down because his fans love him and no would hurt him". He had the fans with questions line up in the middle isle and he took only about 10-15 questions and he walked around just talking and telling stories. He mostly catered to the little kids in the audience.
It was really something to see, we were sitting fairly close to the front and he worked the crowd.
I actually made him laugh, we were sitting around the tenth row and this kid who we had seen at some of the other discussion with "3-part questions" got up to ack James something and you could by James face he was thinking "OK another one" so the kid reads his "3-prt" questions and just as James starts to open his mouth to answer I yell really, reaaly loudly "Because it's in the script". James looks in our direction but not directly at us, cracks up laughing then pats the kid on the back and tells him because its in the script. :LMAO

dejapig
Site Admin

Postby dejapig » Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:02 pm

Damn you, Phil! Now I'm going to have to Netflix the series and watch it all over again! [smilie=redcolorz3_pdt_11.gif]
Be who you are & say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter & those who matter don't mind. --Dr. Seuss
Keith Olbermann rocks! --dejapig

dejapig
Site Admin

Postby dejapig » Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:45 pm

Farscape should be paying you commission! :lol:
Be who you are & say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter & those who matter don't mind. --Dr. Seuss

PhilbertReturns

Postby PhilbertReturns » Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:41 pm

KIcks dead thread.....They're making a Farscape movie-eventually.
"That's why I do. I drink...and I knowthings."

-Tyrion Lannister

"Game of Thrones"

PhilbertReturns

Postby PhilbertReturns » Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:59 pm

I posted this here years ago but what the hell. Although it's a fan made video, it sums up the show and the relationship between the two main characters pretty well...
"That's why I do. I drink...and I knowthings."

-Tyrion Lannister

"Game of Thrones"

dejapig
Site Admin

Postby dejapig » Wed Apr 20, 2016 2:14 pm

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/sci-fi/rockne-obannon-officially-confirms-farscape-movie-a98494

FARSCAPE movie confirmed!

After years of rumours, Rockne O'Bannon has finally confirmed that a Farscape movie is actually happening. The show was cancelled back in 2003 and a mini-series titled Farscape: The Peacekeeper Wars was aired in 2004 to provide closure to the fans but it appears we shall be getting more Farscape in the near future. Confirmation comes from TV.com's Ed Shrinker who had a friend that attended the Showrunners panel at Wondercon which O'Bannon was apart of.

Just a little bit of, maybe interesting, information to report. ;-p Texting me from WonderCon, a very good friend of mine (@PaulBurrows) just left the Showrunners Panel at [WonderCon]. A panel member, non other than Rockne O'Bannon, the co-creator ofWarehouse 13, Defiance, and Revolution... who was also Farscape's creator and showrunner - has indeed CONFIRMED a Farscape movie is happening.

Nerdacy.com then spoke to O'Bannon who confirmed that the script is currently being written by a former writer for the series, Justin Monjo.

"Yeah, yeah it's the worst kept secret…We're far from production, but yeah, the first step is Justin [Monjo] working on a script for us. We'll keep our fingers crossed."

Tor.com provided the rumoured plot for the film back in February:

Set to follow the awesome comics written by our favorite Keith R.A. DeCandido, the film would follow John and Aeryn's son, D'Argo (or Little D, as we will always refer to him). Because their baby was exhibiting a set of interesting powers that made him a magnet for galactic villains, we find that John and Aeryn hide their son on Earth to grow up. Now the kid is 19 and ready to go into space with his parents.

There is currently no word whether or not the original cast will return but I don't think they'll be too busy not to join the film. Are you excited to see the return of John Crichton of the gang? Or were to satisfied with the 2004 mini-series?

To recap, FARSCAPE synopsis:
Thrown into a distant part of the universe, an Earth astronaut finds himself part of a fugitive alien starship crew. Farscape (1999–2003) is an Australian and American science fiction television series, produced originally for the Nine Network. The series was conceived by Rockne S. O'Bannon and produced by Jim Henson Productions and Hallmark Entertainment.

Return to “Books, Movies and Other TV”