Doctor Who

Books, Movies and Other TV
Books, TV and Movies!
Slfriend79
Site Admin

Re: Doctor Who

Postby Slfriend79 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:42 am

Doctor Who: Series 11 - Release Date Trailer

Oh, look. The new female Doctor is breaking the glass ceiling. That was really subtle... NOT. :roll:
"Laugh hard, run fast, be kind." - Peter Capaldi as the Twelfth Doctor (Twice Upon A Time)

Slfriend79
Site Admin

Postby Slfriend79 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:54 am

Peter Capaldi Meets The Twelfth Doctor... Sort Of. :wink:

"Laugh hard, run fast, be kind." - Peter Capaldi as the Twelfth Doctor (Twice Upon A Time)

Slfriend79
Site Admin

Postby Slfriend79 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:44 am

Doctor Who: Series 11 Trailer #2

Slfriend79
Site Admin

Postby Slfriend79 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:18 pm

Teaser For Doctor Puppet Episode 8 - The Twelfth Planet

Slfriend79
Site Admin

Postby Slfriend79 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:22 pm

After this, I will not be posting any more about the upcoming series of Doctor Who. The BBC in their inflate wisdom decided that trashing the previous Doctor to promote the new one was a good idea. [-X

How Will The First Female Doctor Shake Things Up?

Ian Youngs - Entertainment And Arts Reporter, BBC News

OK, so Jodie Whittaker is the first female Doctor. Some people will probably always feel having a woman is somehow wrong, while others will have discovered a newfound interest in the Time Lord’s intergalactic exploits as a result of her appointment.

But the debate over her casting has subsided somewhat and we’re now just ready to see her in action.

The first episode will be a significant moment in British telly, but I don’t think it will take any longer for fans to get used to her than it would for any new Doctor. [-(

Whittaker can do drama, as we’ve seen from Broadchurch and Trust Me. Her interviews have shown that she has a quirky side that all Doctors seem to require. And the trailer suggests she’ll have no trouble in whisking us on an adventure.

And what a great way to refresh a franchise, especially after four years of Peter Capaldi, who certainly wasn’t universally loved.

Assuming she’s allowed to fully showcase her qualities, it says more about the TV industry and society over the last 50 years that nobody thought of casting a woman before.

This Story Is The Last One On The Page: https://www.bbc.com/news/live/uk-englan ... e-45589723

I'll post other things about Doctor Who but until Ian Youngs and the BBC apologize to Peter Capaldi, nothing about series 11 or any other series after.

Slfriend79
Site Admin

Postby Slfriend79 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:27 pm

Someone started the hashtag #TheUniverseLovesPeterCapaldi on Twitter. [smilie=redcolorz3_pdt_02.gif]

https://twitter.com/hashtag/theuniverse ... t&src=hash

Slfriend79
Site Admin

Postby Slfriend79 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:23 pm

Peter Capaldi Plays For The Fans At Austin Wizard World Comic Con

Return to “Books, Movies and Other TV”