Rock and Roll Hall of Fame 2012 Nominees

Rich C

Rock and Roll Hall of Fame 2012 Nominees

Postby Rich C » Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:48 pm

The Rock and Hall of Shame I mean Fame has announced their nominees for Class of 2012. As always some are deserving others are questionable and of course there are those who are perennially snubbed :roll:

Here are the nominees and my comments:

Guns N' Roses - First time nominees and deserving
Red Hot Chili Peppers - First time nominees and deserving also
The Cure - First time nominees should probably get in
Heart - First time nominees and should have been inducted a decade ago
Joan Jett and the Blackhearts - First time nominees and should get in
Rufus and Chaka Khan - First time nominees and I like their early funky grooves should get in
War - First time nominees, Latin influenced and had big hits. They should get in.
Donna Summer - She's been previously nominated but more disco than rock
Laura Nyro - She was nominated last year. More known as a songwriter than a performer.
The Small Faces/Faces - now I don't know why this band was overlooked being that it already had three HOF inductees including Rod Stewart, Ron Wood (Rolling Stones) and Kenny Jones (the Who). They should have been inducted at least a decade ago.
Beastie Boys - Previously nonminated may get in
Eric B. and Rakim - If inducted will the the third hiphop act (if you don't count the Beastie Boys) following Grandmaster Flash and Run DMC
Donovan - Another oversight should get in.
The Spinners - More pop and R&B than rock I don't mind if they are inducted and have been eligible for more than a decade
Freddie King - Blues Guitarist and influence

Again the RORHOF snubs KISS (nominated 2 years ago and not in), Rush, Deep Purple, Bon Jovi (nominated last year but not in), Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Thin Lizzy, Chicago, MC5, Bad Company, Yes, Moody Blues, Electric Light Orchestra, Emerson, Lake and Palmer, Motley Crue, Jethro Tull, Duran Duran (they're more rock than some of the inductees), Styx, Journey, Foreigner, Boston, Def Leppard, Pat Benetar, Loverboy, Rainbow, Blue Oyster Cult and the list goes on and on.

Also snubbed are those who have been inducted as members of groups but not as soloists which include Ozzy Osbourne, Ronnie James Dio, Peter Gabriel, Phil Collins (his early solo stuff), Stevie Nicks and Sammy Hagar.

The nominees are listed here http://rockhall.com/inductees/

Slfriend79
Site Admin

Re: Rock and Roll Hall of Fame 2012 Nominees

Postby Slfriend79 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:56 pm

I'm with you on the snubs. :x

I'm not a KISS fan, but they do deserve to be inducted. [smilie=redcolorz3_pdt_02.gif]

And of course being a HUGE Peter Gabriel fan [smilie=pdt_piratz_19.gif] , I think he should have been inducted long ago. [smilie=pdt_piratz_20.gif]
" I'm not scared of Hell. It's just Heaven for bad people." Peter Capaldi As The Twelfth Doctor - Heaven Sent

Rich C

Re: Rock and Roll Hall of Fame 2012 Nominees

Postby Rich C » Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:07 pm

Here's an article about Bon Jovi being snubbed http://www.nj.com/entertainment/music/i ... y_the.html .

BTW 25 years from now who are they going to induct...Rebecca Black? :roll:

Return to “Music”