Glen Campbell diagnosed with Alzheimers

JennyB

Glen Campbell diagnosed with Alzheimers

Postby JennyB » Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:47 am

He was the Lineman for the county. I loved that song and used to watch his show when I was a kid. I think I might have even had a crush on him...
This is sad news,

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110623/ap_ ... campbell_5

NEW YORK – Country music legend Glen Campbell has been diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease, and will put out his final album this summer.

Campbell's representative Bobbie Gale made the announcement Wednesday. The disease is in its early stages.

The 76-year-old's wife Kim also talked to People magazine and said they wanted to go public with his illness because they wanted fans to know if he has trouble onstage.

Campbell's CD "Ghost on the Canvas" is scheduled for release Aug. 30. He also is to go on "The Glen Campbell Goodbye Tour."

The Country Music Hall of Famer had pop and country hits with "Gentle on My Mind," "By the Time I Get to Phoenix," and perhaps his most famous song, "Rhinestone Cowboy." He also had his own TV show on CBS.

Marie
Certified Fan

Re: Glen Campbell diagnosed with Alzheimers

Postby Marie » Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:19 pm

Not very gentle on his mind, ironically.

I so want researchers to make some serious progress on defeating/preventing that disease.

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

JennyB

Postby JennyB » Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:22 pm

Thanks Michael PDT_Love_18 listening to that mad me happy and sad at the same time. My parents were Glenn Campbell fans and I remember all those years when I was kid on our road trips we always listened to Glenn, my Dad had a bunch of his 8-tracks.
Remember 8 tracks :lol:

AaronCT

Postby AaronCT » Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:11 pm

Michael wrote:

Just saw him in 'True Grit' a few months back. What a rough way to go. :(

BTW... Bieber is so derivative...

Catch the resemblance?
"Overcome the angry by non-anger; overcome the wicked by goodness; overcome the miser by generosity; overcome the liar by truth." ~The Buddha

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." ~Mark Twain

JennyB

Postby JennyB » Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:19 am

just the hair.

JennyB

Postby JennyB » Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:38 am

Michael wrote:Yeah, Glen Campbell was one of the top studio musicians on the west coast for 10 years before getting famous -- dues paying, hard working talent. Beiber is more like menduo, the monkees or milli vanilli...

I'm showing my age, but I was thinking more like Leif Garrett. :grin:

Return to “Music”