50 Day Song Challenge

BrooklynBilly
Forum's Senior Troll

Re: 50 Day Song Challenge

Postby BrooklynBilly » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:57 pm

When I first started buying music we bought 45s, this was side B of a record by the Penguins, side A was the big hit, "Earth Angel". I always preferred side B.

Nemo surdior est quam is qui non audiet

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:21 am

First album I ever bought --

When I was a little girl I heard "Mean Woman Blues" on the radio and was entranced. This album had to be special ordered at the appliance store in town. I remember waiting for it to arrive!

-Marie-
Last edited by Marie on Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

danicaket

Postby danicaket » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:58 am

James Taylor has filled huge arenas, won five Grammys, been inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, and influenced generations of musicians.

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:51 am

It's Day 3 and I haven't posted a fav single yet. This is really tough. I know that, just about the time I post one, I'll hear a song or something will remind me of another song and I'll say, "Okay, THAT'S my favorite single." But as I sit here this morning at 3:48am, I would choose Elton John's "Blue Eyes."

Something deep-down soul-satisfying about that song.

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

BrooklynBilly
Forum's Senior Troll

Postby BrooklynBilly » Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:27 pm

BrooklynBilly wrote:When I first started buying music we bought 45s, this was side B of a record by the Penguins, side A was the big hit, "Earth Angel". I always preferred side B.

I've always loved the combination of humor and music. I posted this song here once before and I think it may well be my favorite single. Also the last night I ever had a drink I saw Bobby Bare at the Lone Star Cafe in New York. ( That might have something to do with my choice)

Nemo surdior est quam is qui non audiet

Return to “Music”