Rock and Roll Hall of Fame 2011 Inductees Announced

Rich C

Rock and Roll Hall of Fame 2011 Inductees Announced

Postby Rich C » Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:01 am

Well it looks like the veteran artists have been chosen with focus more on musicians and songwriters. The inductees are:

Alice Cooper (finally!!!)
Neil Diamond (his later stuff is more pop than rock but always a great performer...deserving)
Darlene Love (veteran singer going back to the 60s)
Dr. John (great musician)
Tom Waits (I see him more as songwriter than an artist but deserving)

The most well known nominee that did not get in (even though they were first time nominees) is Bon Jovi. All of the others as I examined earlier are either tangentially related to rock or songwriters. However still not in but deserves to be in are: KISS, Rush, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Yes, Moody Blues, Chicago, Heart, Deep Purple, Styx, Journey, Motley Crue, ELO, ELP, Jethro Tull, T-Rex and more.

SusieQ
Site Admin

Re: Rock and Roll Hall of Fame 2011 Inductees Announced

Postby SusieQ » Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:37 pm

Rich C wrote:Well it looks like the veteran artists have been chosen with focus more on musicians and songwriters. The inductees are:

Alice Cooper (finally!!!)
Neil Diamond (his later stuff is more pop than rock but always a great performer...deserving)
Darlene Love (veteran singer going back to the 60s)
Dr. John (great musician)
Tom Waits (I see him more as songwriter than an artist but deserving)

The most well known nominee that did not get in (even though they were first time nominees) is Bon Jovi. All of the others as I examined earlier are either tangentially related to rock or songwriters. However still not in but deserves to be in are: KISS, Rush, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Yes, Moody Blues, Chicago, Heart, Deep Purple, Styx, Journey, Motley Crue, ELO, ELP, Jethro Tull, T-Rex and more.

I am surprised that Neil Diamond is just making it in. He was/is a great singer songwriter. I am not a hard rock fan so I don't know much about KISS and the lot, but I did love Moody Blues, Chicago, Heart, Styx and Journey, to name a few. I am also going to get booed off the board, but I think Cliff Richard deserves a place in the Hall, even though his main contribution was in British and overseas music markets. He was the first rock and roller that side of the Atlantic, and he has sold more in the rest of the world than any other artist.
The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness.
-John Kenneth Galbraith

A conservative is a man with two perfectly good legs, who, however, has never learned to walk forward.
-Franklin D. Roosevelt

Return to “Music”