Genesis Got In!!!!

Slfriend79
Site Admin

Genesis Got In!!!!

Postby Slfriend79 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:25 pm

:ola PDT27 :ola

Congratulations to the 2010 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Inductees!

Today, the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Foundation announced ABBA, Genesis, Jimmy Cliff, The Hollies and The Stooges as its 2010 artist inductees. Also being inducted this year as individual recipients of the Ahmet Ertegun Award will be David Geffen and songwriters Barry Mann, Cynthia Weil, Elle Greenwich, Jeff Barry, Jesse Stone, Mort Shuman and Otis Blackwell. The ceremony will take place on March 15, 2010 at the Waldorf Astoria in New York City and will air live on Fuse, Madison Square Garden’s national music television network, as part of the three-year broadcast deal between the Foundation and Fuse.

“We are very happy to present this year’s inductees into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame as they represent a great cross-section of artists that define the broad spectrum and history of rock and roll and people that have contributed immeasurably to our business” says Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Foundation President & CEO Joel Peresman.

The performer inductees are:
ABBA
GENESIS
JIMMY CLIFF
THE HOLLIES
THE STOOGES

Ahmet Ertegun Award (nonperformers):
DAVID GEFFEN
BARRY MANN & CYNTHIA WEIL
ELLIE GREENWICH & JEFF BARRY
JESSE STONE
MORT SHUMAN
OTIS BLACKWELL

The 2010 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame performer inductees were chosen by over 500 voters of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Foundation. Artists are eligible for inclusion in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame twenty-five years after their first recording is released.

All inductees are ultimately represented in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum in Cleveland, Ohio. Through approaches as creative and diverse as the music itself, the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum tells the story of rock music with its exhibits, education programs and Library and Archives, which will open to the public in downtown Cleveland in late 2010.

Presenters and performers at the induction will be announced at a later date. The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony will be televised live on Fuse; more information can be found at fuse.tv.

http://www.rockhall.com/induction2010/

And It's About :censor: Time Too! =D> =D> =D> =D>
" I'm not scared of Hell. It's just Heaven for bad people." Peter Capaldi As The Twelfth Doctor - Heaven Sent

Slfriend79
Site Admin

Re: Genesis Got In!!!!

Postby Slfriend79 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:24 am

I'm just glad Genesis is finally getting the recognition they deserve. :grin:

" I'm not scared of Hell. It's just Heaven for bad people." Peter Capaldi As The Twelfth Doctor - Heaven Sent

Rich C

Postby Rich C » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:28 pm

I'm glad for Genesis but the real news is that KISS got snubbed again. After not being considered for a decade they finally get nominated and somehow did not get in. KISS whether you love them or hate them set standards for stage performance and is part of American Pop Culture. RORHOF does not get it. ABBA? They are more pop than rock. Jimmy Cliff? He's reggae. They inducted artists that are at best tangentially related to Rock and Roll (i.e. Madonna, Run DMC, etc.) Yet true rock artists like KISS, Alice Cooper, and Rush are continuing to get snubbed. I still don't get it.

alabhaois

Postby alabhaois » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:13 am

[quote="Slfriend79"]I'm just glad Genesis is finally getting the recognition they deserve. :grin:

Hear, hear!! Though I have to say I liked their older stuff (Ripples, Blood on the Rooftop, Selling London by the Pound).
But I also liked their newer stuff (say, up to and inluding Invisible Touch)

Glad they're getting the recognition they deserve! (Oops-- you said exactly the same thing!) :)

keithaddict
Certified Fan

Postby keithaddict » Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:24 pm

Michael wrote:I know everyone is emulating the baseball hall of fame, but I think there should just be a rule like 10 platinum albums and you are in. No matter how crappy some people might think you are if you can talk a million people into paying to listen to you, you got something going on. :lol:

Oh god. This is the only possible way it could lose even more of its supposed legitimacy.

And I can't be happy for Genesis, even if I don't mind them, while they continue to neglect so many ground-breaking and revolutionary acts, even the more popular ones.

And if they can't even get the more popular ones, they're of course going to COMPLETELY ignore the even more revolutionary but less well-known acts.

It's like if you did something dynamic and original and got tons of recognition you'll maybe get nominated once in awhile as a token gesture, and if you did something even more dynamic and even more original but didn't get as much recognition you've got absolute zero chance. Whatever rubric they're using, it has more to do with the pocket-book than with musical notation, I can tell you that.
"Debating [Brooklyn] Billy is a bit like pissing in the wind-sure you can technically do it...but what's the point?" - Philbert

"I take my role as a troll very seriously, a good part of that job is to be irritating." - Brooklyn Billy

http://www.dailykos.com/user/ProgressivePatriotPA/

http://www.twitter.com/progpatriotpa/

keithaddict
Certified Fan

Postby keithaddict » Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:21 pm

Edited some new vids into the previous post. :grin:
"Debating [Brooklyn] Billy is a bit like pissing in the wind-sure you can technically do it...but what's the point?" - Philbert

"I take my role as a troll very seriously, a good part of that job is to be irritating." - Brooklyn Billy

http://www.dailykos.com/user/ProgressivePatriotPA/

http://www.twitter.com/progpatriotpa/

Return to “Music”