The NOW PLAYING Thread

Marie
Certified Fan

Re: The NOW PLAYING Thread

Postby Marie » Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:39 pm

Slfriend79 wrote:"Weird Al" Yankovic - Word Crimes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Gv0H-vPoDc

All the advice in "Word Crimes" sounds like Keith every night on Twitter! LOL, "Go back to preschool." Yup. Such morans. :roll:

English teachers everywhere are THANKING YOU, Weird Al!!!

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:53 pm

All three of those are brilliant. I think I see Patton Oswalt in "Foil." Gotta make a screencap of Al in the tinfoil hat! :lol:

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

Slfriend79
Site Admin

Postby Slfriend79 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:47 pm

Marie wrote:All three of those are brilliant. I think I see Patton Oswalt in "Foil." Gotta make a screencap of Al in the tinfoil hat! :lol:

-Marie-

That was Patton Oswalt [smilie=pdt_piratz_20.gif] ... And there are more videos to come. [smilie=pdt_piratz_19.gif]

Weird Al Yankovic Kicks Off Week Of Videos With 'Happy' Parody

July 14, 2014, 5:14 PM ET

Weird Al is back.

Al Yankovic, famous for his parodies of hit songs, is coming out with a new album, "Mandatory Fun," and to promote it, he's releasing eight videos in eight days.

His first, "Tacky," set to Pharrell's "Happy," is making the rounds today, and features appearances by celebrities including Aisha Tyler, Margaret Cho, Eric Stonestreet, Kristen Schaal and Jack Black.

The album has other songs including, "Handy," ("Fancy" by Iggy Azalea, perhaps?) and "Word Crimes," believed to be set to "Blurred Lines" by Robin Thicke.

“It’s ironic. When I first started out, nobody wanted to sign me to a record deal,” Yankovic told the New York Post. "They said, ‘That’s not going to be around for very long.’"

As for "Tacky," Pharrell told Billboard magazine that he "approved" the spoof song before it came to fruition.

"He wrote me a letter and I was like, 'Aww, what?!'" he said. "Yeah!"

Yankovic just feels lucky to be able to continue doing what he does best.

"With every album I put out it feels like it reaches a new generation," he said. "Kids will say, ‘Hey Dad, have you heard of this Weird Al guy? He’s really funny.'"

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wei ... d=24555643
"Laugh hard, run fast, be kind." - Peter Capaldi as the Twelfth Doctor (Twice Upon A Time)

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:06 pm

Slfriend79 wrote:
Marie wrote:All three of those are brilliant. I think I see Patton Oswalt in "Foil." Gotta make a screencap of Al in the tinfoil hat! :lol:

That was Patton Oswalt [smilie=pdt_piratz_20.gif] ... And there are more videos to come. [smilie=pdt_piratz_19.gif] . . .

Very good! The only thing I ever wonder is whether I'll be up on the latest hits enough to recognize the song he's sending up, LOL. Usually I do b/c I listen to radio stations that have a "mix" of classic and current rock and pop, but every now and then he stumps me. Thank goodness for YouTube then! :grin:

-Marie-

Slfriend79
Site Admin

Postby Slfriend79 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:46 am

“Weird Al” Yankovic - Handy (Parody of “Fancy”)

https://screen.yahoo.com/sketchy/weird- ... 02425.html

Sorry, this one hasn't been posted on YouTube. :-(

But it is very funny. :lol:
Last edited by Slfriend79 on Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added YouTube Video
"Laugh hard, run fast, be kind." - Peter Capaldi as the Twelfth Doctor (Twice Upon A Time)

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:09 pm

LOL, "99 problems but the SWITCH ain't 1." :lol:

-Marie-

Slfriend79
Site Admin

Postby Slfriend79 » Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:10 am

Forgot to post yesterday's video. #-o

Here's the link for it and today's video. [smilie=pdt_piratz_20.gif]

Weird Al Yankovic – Sports Song:

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/ba6f6b ... ports-song

Weird Al Yankovic – First World Problems:

http://popcrush.com/weird-al-yankovic-f ... ems-video/
Last edited by Slfriend79 on Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added YouTube Videos

Slfriend79
Site Admin

Postby Slfriend79 » Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:34 pm

Weird Al Yankovic - Lame Claim To Fame:

Slfriend79
Site Admin

Postby Slfriend79 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:19 pm

Weird Al Yankovic - Mission Statement:

http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2014/07/ ... exclusive/
Last edited by Slfriend79 on Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added YouTube Video

PhilbertReturns

Postby PhilbertReturns » Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:57 pm

"That's why I do. I drink...and I knowthings."

-Tyrion Lannister

"Game of Thrones"

Slfriend79
Site Admin

Postby Slfriend79 » Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:27 am

Peter Gabriel - Heroes:

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Wed Nov 12, 2014 2:09 am

We just killed a huge black spider which had built a web in the corner of our living room sometime during the day. I was just settling on the loveseat to watch some TV when I chanced to look up -- and there it was, hanging way up there at the top of the vaulted ceiling where you have to set up the stepladder to get at it with the Raid.

I actually heard myself say to DH, "Drench him good so he'll die fast!" LOL, can't believe how bloodthirsty I was, but I know I'm allergic to some spider bites -- just don't know which ones. So I can't have them around.

This song is dedicated to any 8-legged prospective visitors to our domain:

-Marie-

Slfriend79
Site Admin

Postby Slfriend79 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:34 pm

Pale Blue Eyes - Richard Strange, Peter Capaldi And Sarah Jane Morris:

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:24 am

I'm crazy about the music in the final scene of "Gilda." (Starts at 1:52 on the slider... gets interrupted by a shooting... then pics up again as the scene closes. Note the switch from minor to major key, once their "problem" gets solved.) Also, Rita & Glenn never looked prettier!

"Isn't it wonderul?-- nobody has to apologize! Because... we were both
such stinkers, weren't we? Isn't it wonderful?"
:grin:

-Marie-

Slfriend79
Site Admin

Postby Slfriend79 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:46 pm

Chicago - Winter Wonderland

Earth, Wind & Fire - Jingle Bell Rock

Return to “Music”