No Place Like Home

Generally Lighter Fare--please put Politics in Politics and News in News. Things that don't fit in either of the above categories.
PhilbertReturns

No Place Like Home

Postby PhilbertReturns » Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:26 pm

Man, this place looks about dead. Figured I'd drop by and say hello to all my old friends. Assuming any of you are still alive that is :grin:
"That's why I do. I drink...and I knowthings."

-Tyrion Lannister

"Game of Thrones"

Marie
Certified Fan

Re: No Place Like Home

Postby Marie » Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:37 pm

All your earlier posts have evaporated for some reason -- assuming you used to be just Philbert.

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

PhilbertReturns

Postby PhilbertReturns » Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:20 pm

Marie wrote:All your earlier posts have evaporated for some reason -- assuming you used to be just Philbert.

-Marie-

Yes, that was me and they evaporated because I deleted them all. I wasn't a happy camper at the time. Nice to see you too Marie. O:)

-Tyrion Lannister

"Game of Thrones"

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:32 pm

Thanks. :-)

So we'll have to get to know you all over again -- since your last visit was early 2012.

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

PhilbertReturns

Postby PhilbertReturns » Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:37 pm

Marie wrote:Thanks. :-)

So we'll have to get to know you all over again -- since your last visit was early 2012.

-Marie-

Was it? I thought I left well before that....Then again, I think I did sign in once to get in touch with Keithaddict.

-Tyrion Lannister

"Game of Thrones"

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:42 pm

Yeah, the board software recorded your presence.

Looking back through the posts, looks like you bailed out in Aug. 2011. That's when the posts disappeared. But all the posts responding to your posts are still here.

http://www.keitholbermann.org/forum/sea ... t&start=15

-Marie-

PhilbertReturns

Postby PhilbertReturns » Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:49 pm

Marie wrote:Yeah, the board software recorded your presence.

Looking back through the posts, looks like you bailed out in Aug. 2011. That's when the posts disappeared. But all the posts responding to your posts are still here.

http://www.keitholbermann.org/forum/sea ... t&start=15

-Marie-

Yes, okay so that's about 3 years then. I spend most of my on-line experience gaming these days. Arguing with trolls really lost its allure after the first 2 years I was here :)

-Tyrion Lannister

"Game of Thrones"

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:13 pm

For trolls we just have Billy and occasionally Icy any more. They drift in and dump the latest tea party "outrage" on us, then wander off again for a while.

The Keith section is quite active, with his ESPN show and all the other stuff he's doing. And you've seen the threads in Politics, etc. I'm glad the forum is just moderately active; it's nice having a place to post when I see something interesting, and most of the important stories are still discussed here.

-Marie-

PhilbertReturns

Postby PhilbertReturns » Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:51 pm

Marie wrote:The Keith section is quite active, with his ESPN show and all the other stuff he's doing. And you've seen the threads in Politics, etc. I'm glad the forum is just moderately active; it's nice having a place to post when I see something interesting, and most of the important stories are still discussed here.

-Marie-

I should post on the Young Turks Board. I've been watching a lot of that on the Interwebs since Current went bye-bye. I don't bother with Olbermann's ESPN show. I don't follow sports except the World Cup every four years. My brother seems to like it though.

-Tyrion Lannister

"Game of Thrones"

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:34 pm

PhilbertReturns wrote:I don't bother with Olbermann's ESPN show. I don't follow sports except the World Cup every four years. My brother seems to like it though.

And Keith is always cutting on soccer, LOL. "It's... the world's game." :lol:

There's a lot of good social commentary on that show, though. They've pretty much given in to him on everything (except the schedule, which is incomprehensible).

-Marie-

PhilbertReturns

Postby PhilbertReturns » Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:07 pm

Marie wrote:There's a lot of good social commentary on that show, though. They've pretty much given in to him on everything (except the schedule, which is incomprehensible).-Marie-

If they put him back on a news/politics network, I'll watch. I barely watch MSNBC anymore, except to watch Rachel Maddow or Chris Hayes occasionally.

-Tyrion Lannister

"Game of Thrones"

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:18 pm

PhilbertReturns wrote:
Marie wrote:There's a lot of good social commentary on that show, though. They've pretty much given in to him on everything (except the schedule, which is incomprehensible).

If they put him back on a news/politics network, I'll watch. I barely watch MSNBC anymore, except to watch Rachel Maddow or Chris Hayes occasionally.

With me it's Alex Wagner & Rachel. Alex is a comer! Chris H and Chris M get an occasional look if there's a story I'm following minute to minute.

I'm sorry you don't like the ESPN show. But--- dif'rent strokes. He also voices an animated whale character in a new NetFlix satire, if smartass animals are more to your liking. :-)

-Marie-

dejapig
Site Admin

Postby dejapig » Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:13 pm

Hey Philbert! :wave
Be who you are & say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter & those who matter don't mind. --Dr. Seuss
Keith Olbermann rocks! --dejapig

PhilbertReturns

Postby PhilbertReturns » Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:29 pm

dejapig wrote:Hey Philbert! :wave

Hi yourself, Deja. Nice to see you and Marie still here at least.

-Tyrion Lannister

"Game of Thrones"

dejapig
Site Admin

Postby dejapig » Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:49 am

Yeah, we'll be the last to leave. :lol:
Be who you are & say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter & those who matter don't mind. --Dr. Seuss

Keith Olbermann rocks! --dejapig

Return to “The Lounge”