Happy 2014

Generally Lighter Fare--please put Politics in Politics and News in News. Things that don't fit in either of the above categories.
jwolfbauer
Certified Fan

Happy 2014

Postby jwolfbauer » Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:08 pm

Happy New Year to all of you. If any of you are going out tonight, be very careful and drive or fly safely! Got through 2013 will get through 2014! Having a glass of wine and toasting all of you. PDT27
In brightest day,
In blackest night,
No evil shall escape my sight.
Let those who worship evil’s might,
Beware my power: Green Lantern’s Light.
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy."- MLK Jr.
'Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.'" JFK

Marie
Certified Fan

Re: Happy 2014

Postby Marie » Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:19 pm

Thanks for checking in, Janet! Good to have you with us again!

We never go out on New Year's Eve. Too many crazies, not just behind the wheel but irresponsibly firing off their pistols at midnight. (If Columbusites must insist on acting like it's Dodge City, could we pls haz a Marshal Dillon to be our police chief?)

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

Slfriend79
Site Admin

Postby Slfriend79 » Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:39 pm

"Laugh hard, run fast, be kind." - Peter Capaldi as the Twelfth Doctor (Twice Upon A Time)

proudliberal

Postby proudliberal » Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:16 pm

Happy New Year, everyone!
Necessity is the mother of invention. We don't know who the father is, because Necessity gets around alot.

jwolfbauer
Certified Fan

Postby jwolfbauer » Wed Jan 01, 2014 9:51 am

Glad to hear all is well. I had my girls and all my family last Sat. It was the best day of the year. Laughter throughout the house. Yesterday my grandson called me and said he is taking me out to dinner on Sunday. I was just thrilled to hear from him. I have 4 grandsons, all wonderful. I have been very lucky to have all my girls, their husbands, and all my grandkids responsible and accountable human beings. I'm bragging O:) !!!! My son-in-laws even do the dishes and cleanup. I did not have to do anything. Gods loves me :whistle:

The best New Year to you all [smilie=redcolorz3_pdt_02.gif]
In brightest day,
In blackest night,
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy."- MLK Jr.
'Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.'" JFK

dejapig
Site Admin

Postby dejapig » Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:00 pm

Happy 2014 to all!

Great to see you having such a wonderful time with your family, Janet! :grin:
Be who you are & say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter & those who matter don't mind. --Dr. Seuss
Keith Olbermann rocks! --dejapig

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:01 pm

jwolfbauer wrote:Glad to hear all is well. I had my girls and all my family last Sat. It was the best day of the year. Laughter throughout the house. Yesterday my grandson called me and said he is taking me out to dinner on Sunday. I was just thrilled to hear from him. I have 4 grandsons, all wonderful. I have been very lucky to have all my girls, their husbands, and all my grandkids responsible and accountable human beings. I'm bragging O:) !!!! My son-in-laws even do the dishes and cleanup. I did not have to do anything. Gods loves me :whistle:

You have good reason to brag, Janet, if anyone does! That sounds like a terrific gathering. You've done a good job with them all!

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

IrishEyes
Certified Fan

Postby IrishEyes » Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:16 pm

latest-Happy-new-year-2014-wallpaper.jpg
Happy New Year to everyone! Wishing you all a healthy, happy, prosperous 2014!

jwolfbauer
Certified Fan

Postby jwolfbauer » Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:46 pm

Marie wrote:
jwolfbauer wrote:Glad to hear all is well. I had my girls and all my family last Sat. It was the best day of the year. Laughter throughout the house. Yesterday my grandson called me and said he is taking me out to dinner on Sunday. I was just thrilled to hear from him. I have 4 grandsons, all wonderful. I have been very lucky to have all my girls, their husbands, and all my grandkids responsible and accountable human beings. I'm bragging O:) !!!! My son-in-laws even do the dishes and cleanup. I did not have to do anything. Gods loves me :whistle:

You have good reason to brag, Janet, if anyone does! That sounds like a terrific gathering. You've done a good job with them all!

-Marie-

And the JOB is done [-o<
In brightest day,
In blackest night,

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:49 pm

jwolfbauer wrote:
Marie wrote:

And the JOB is done [-o<

:LMAO LOL!

-Marie-

jwolfbauer
Certified Fan

Postby jwolfbauer » Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:45 pm

Stop laughing it makes me nervous Marie 8-[
In brightest day,
In blackest night,

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:12 pm

jwolfbauer wrote:
Marie wrote:
jwolfbauer wrote:And the JOB is done [-o<

Stop laughing it makes me nervous Marie 8-[

I wouldn't think anything could throw you at this point. I had to laugh at that previous response, though. I'm sure a lot of moms can identify.

Like, "There's only so much a parent can do; after that, you just pray." :-)

-Marie-

jwolfbauer
Certified Fan

Postby jwolfbauer » Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:46 am

In this day that's very true. Glad I'm done. So much interference with others, the internet, that kids don't know how to keep themselves occupied. If I had kids today they would be living in a library, doing house work all summer long or picking up trash up and down the streets, you know the stuff mine used to have to do.
:-s
In brightest day,
In blackest night,

scifibird
Certified Fan

Postby scifibird » Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:53 pm

Happy New Year everyone! Survived my daughter's wedding LOL but I'm still missing Keith and now missing Martin Bashir :-(
Linda

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:35 pm

scifibird wrote:Happy New Year everyone! Survived my daughter's wedding LOL but I'm still missing Keith and now missing Martin Bashir :-(
Linda

Best wishes to the happy couple, Linda!

Martin will land on his feet, I'm not worried about him.

-Marie-

Return to “The Lounge”