Introduce yourself

Generally Lighter Fare--please put Politics in Politics and News in News. Things that don't fit in either of the above categories.
OregonBrewer

Re: Introduce yourself

Postby OregonBrewer » Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:15 pm

Hi my name is Chris. (This sounds like the beginning of an AA meeting). I've been a rabid Countdown follower since 2006 and believe that Keith is one of the few newscasters that is telling the truth.

I'm a passionate, PASSIONATE Milwaukee Brewer fan (Go Brewers, Cubs suck!), despite never having lived in Wisconsin.

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:16 pm

Welcome, OregonBrewer!

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

dejapig
Site Admin

Postby dejapig » Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:33 pm

Hi, Chris! (still sounding like an AA meeting!) :lol:

Welcome! :wave How is it that you became such a PASSIONATE Milwaukee Brewer fan in absentia?
Be who you are & say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter & those who matter don't mind. --Dr. Seuss
Keith Olbermann rocks! --dejapig

SusieQ
Site Admin

Postby SusieQ » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:35 pm

Image to the forum, Chris!!
The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness.
-John Kenneth Galbraith

A conservative is a man with two perfectly good legs, who, however, has never learned to walk forward.
-Franklin D. Roosevelt

IrishEyes
Certified Fan

Postby IrishEyes » Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:26 pm

Hi, I'm Irish Eyes. This is my first time posting anything, anywhere. I'm a baby boomer, and I don't fit into any of the demographics for being a KO fan, and yet, here I am. I wasn't really interested in politics, and, although I did not vote for W, I never imagined that he would turn out to be as bad as he was. I first became interested in Count Down when I heard Keith was fired from covering the Republican convention. I looked up when he was on, and was hooked after my first episode. I record it at night and then catch up on weekends. I miss him quite a lot and pray for him and his father. Hope he's back on Countdown very soon. There's just something about his voice......

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:18 pm

IrishEyes wrote:Hi, I'm Irish Eyes. This is my first time posting anything, anywhere. I'm a baby boomer, and I don't fit into any of the demographics for being a KO fan, and yet, here I am. I wasn't really interested in politics, and, although I did not vote for W, I never imagined that he would turn out to be as bad as he was. I first became interested in Count Down when I heard Keith was fired from covering the Republican convention. I looked up when he was on, and was hooked after my first episode. I record it at night and then catch up on weekends. I miss him quite a lot and pray for him and his father. Hope he's back on Countdown very soon. There's just something about his voice......
Welcome, IrishEyes, from a fellow boomer! Keith wasn't exactly fired from covering the rightie convention -- they just sent him and Matthews back to New York, where they both still had plenty to say about it. (Catch Keith's blistering criticism of the RNC's exploitation of 9/11, delivered on the spot.)

The latest on KO's dad is that he's slowly fighting his way back from all those infections. Hope you caught Keith's surprise appearance on Thursday night's broadcast!

SAD UPDATE: Mr. Olbermann lost the fight. He passed away quietly Saturday afternoon.

-Marie-
Last edited by Marie on Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

dejapig
Site Admin

Postby dejapig » Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:53 pm

Welcome to the forum, IrishEyes! :wave
Be who you are & say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter & those who matter don't mind. --Dr. Seuss

SusieQ
Site Admin

Postby SusieQ » Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:33 pm

Image IrishEyes!
The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness.
-John Kenneth Galbraith

A conservative is a man with two perfectly good legs, who, however, has never learned to walk forward.
-Franklin D. Roosevelt

ArmoredGhost
Certified Fan

Postby ArmoredGhost » Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:31 pm

Hello KO fans!!

The next best thing to a KO message board would be one like this, fans of KO and if I am not mistaken, one that caters nicely to left leaners of the political spectrum. I am an Independent who is very progressive and leans left. I'm very vocal against GW Bush one whom I refer to as Goober.

I am also a Nam Vet (drafted) who served in I Corps, RVN, 1970-71. Army Airborne... 101st.

I've worked most of my life in the Industrial/maint field and some construction. Been married.... been divorced. Happier divorced.... but enjoy having special friends when I can. It all boils down to the trust factor. It always has. In politics... trust seems none existing. Politics = corruption. That angers me!

I have truly enjoyed KO. Especially during the Goober Yrs. The BushCons, as I call them should have been dragged off to jail.... let alone impeached and or ran out of this country. I am very patriotic but not of these modern times. I suppose it's safe to say that I come more from the old school, but I also feel more hip than your typical old geezer. LOL

I live in the mid-West. Never liked it here.... but life plays out like it does and here ya are. Yes, if I had a do over, I'd go for it. Oh well.

Hope I make good contributions here and a few good friends. I'm sure I'll have a few scraps as well if there are some Goober sheeple around. I just need to stick my toe in the water and find out how things are here. I hope I fit in well.

Best of all tho, KO is one hell of a person.... and that is one major common bond with some of us here.
------- Oh, the INSANITY!! -------

dejapig
Site Admin

Postby dejapig » Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:35 pm

Welcome to the forum, ArmoredGhost! :wave

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:56 pm

Hi, ArmoredGhost!

-Marie-

ArmoredGhost
Certified Fan

Postby ArmoredGhost » Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:34 pm

Thanks for the invite folks. Once I inspect the troops here, I'll be more relaxed and open.

There's no chance that KO stops by once on a blue moon, is there?

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:54 pm

ArmoredGhost wrote:Thanks for the invite folks. Once I inspect the troops here, I'll be more relaxed and open.

There's no chance that KO stops by once on a blue moon, is there?
Some of us suspect it (as when, possibly by coincidence, he says something on his show that one of us has said in a discussion). Then we say "He loves us!" But it's probably attributable to like-minded people coming to the same conclusion. :-)

One forum where Keith actually does interact with bloggers is the Daily Kos. Keith maintains a diary there, which he writes in occasionally, and people can respond.

-Marie-

ArmoredGhost
Certified Fan

Postby ArmoredGhost » Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:20 pm

Michael wrote:Welcome, fellow I Corps alumni!
:grin:

Thanks. U2? What year? I was at Camp Evans and outside of Phu Bai.

DeeJay

Postby DeeJay » Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:10 pm

Hello all. I run a forum on a completely unrelated topic and force newcomers to introduce themselves because, well, it is a community, right? And looky-loos make me nervous. So, here I am.

I am Canadian. I'm progressive. I have had a long career in communications. I am married to an American (now Canadian). And, importantly, I admire Keith Olbermann a great deal. His presence on Twitter encouraged me to actually use the account I'd set up yonks ago.

I dislike incivility (so I think I'll like it here, from all I've read over the past little while).

Thanks to Michael for activating my account even though I filled out the form incorrectly. He's a gem. I'm a doofus.

Looking forward to reading and sharing here.

Return to “The Lounge”