KO's Twitter thread in honor of his dad, 2019

Keith Olbermann related topics. This Forum combines all Olbermann threads from KeithOlbermann.Org. KO.O.
Marie
Certified Fan

KO's Twitter thread in honor of his dad, 2019

Postby Marie » Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:38 pm

Happy father's day!

My Dad was so poor that he couldn’t afford the bus trip to take the full ride at a top Architecture school. Instead: 15 years in night school.

Licensed in 40 states without ever going to that college. Only when I was a Soph at Cornell did he tell me his scholarship was AT Cornell.

That was him. Found a loophole that forced NY to give him the architecture exam.

Also stormed out of the interview -- MF’ing the execs as he did -- at which a giant department store chain was to make him its national architect because they were so relieved to find we weren’t Jewish.*

Last truly self-made man I ever knew and didn’t advertise it. Nor his sacrifices. Or unyielding principles. Or his filter-free POV. And fought the end through 9 months of hospitalization in which he taught me how to do that, AND when to say “thanks and good night.” Love you, Dad.

https://twitter.com/KeithOlbermann/stat ... 9881463809

-Marie-
*Note to self: time to watch Gregory Peck in "Gentleman's Agreement" again.
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

Return to “Keith Olbermann”