Premiers 11/16: 'The Resistance w/Keith Olbermann' @GQ.com

Keith Olbermann related topics. This Forum combines all Olbermann threads from KeithOlbermann.Org. KO.O.
Marie
Certified Fan

Premiers 11/16: 'The Resistance w/Keith Olbermann' @GQ.com

Postby Marie » Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:48 pm

Keith, via Twitter: "We premier at 8am."

:monk

(note the safety pin)

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

Marie
Certified Fan

Re: Premiers 11/16: 'The Resistance w/Keith Olbermann' @GQ.com

Postby Marie » Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:24 am

Video available on GQ website, not embeddable here.
Welcome to #TheResistanceGQ. How to Resist? Start by recognizing we've already given Trump a chance and he blew it.
https://twitter.com/KeithOlbermann/stat ... 5352240128

He signs off with an homage to Dave Garroway:

"Peace."

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

Slfriend79
Site Admin

Postby Slfriend79 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:45 am

Should We Give Trump a Chance?

"Laugh hard, run fast, be kind." - Peter Capaldi as the Twelfth Doctor (Twice Upon A Time)

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:03 am

Yay, YouTube!

It's a great essay but it still sounds like he's delivering it in an empty airplane hangar. Wish they'd do something to dampen that echo.

-Marie-

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:31 pm

Re how often these vids will appear:
the plan is, at least two editions . . . per week.

https://twitter.com/KeithOlbermann/stat ... 0746778625

-Marie-

Slfriend79
Site Admin

Postby Slfriend79 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:21 am

No, This Is Not Normal Pre-Presidential Behavior

"Laugh hard, run fast, be kind." - Peter Capaldi as the Twelfth Doctor (Twice Upon A Time)

dnkoa

Postby dnkoa » Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:11 am

Depraved how the media is rolling over to pretend that Trump is somehow a generic Republican. Someone posted a message that was perfect: "First they came for the Muslims and we said 'Not this time motherfucker.' "

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:33 am

dnkoa wrote:Depraved how the media is rolling over to pretend that Trump is somehow a generic Republican. Someone posted a message that was perfect: "First they came for the Muslims and we said 'Not this time motherfucker.' "

The media have behaved shockingly throughout the whole process. I can understand Congress and the President making the necessary adjustments to keep the government rightside up and reassure the rest of the world that we can mitigate the crazy (with approval power, other procedural strategies). But the media's complicity in first giving us Trump and then acting like they had nothing whatsoever to do with it, it was all completely the voters' choice, is disingenuous. And now, as you say, they're struggling to retain their dignity as "the fourth branch of government," when it's clear that after having gotten what he needs from them, Trump has discarded the media like used kitty litter. (Protective pool?--what protective pool!)

-Marie-

dnkoa

Postby dnkoa » Fri Nov 18, 2016 7:46 pm

If Keith is serious about leading The Resistance, then it has to be taken into account that Trump will lie and the media will report those lies at face value. It's not good enough to just report lies, Keith has to support cutting investigative journalism.

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:16 pm

dnkoa wrote:If Keith is serious about leading The Resistance, then it has to be taken into account that Trump will lie and the media will report those lies at face value. It's not good enough to just report lies, Keith has to support cutting investigative journalism.

I think he's more about resisting the impulse to accept that this was the will of the voters and just go along with it, as if the things Trump is doing -- all these departures from traditional process and protocol -- are normal and okay.

The media, as you noted earlier, want access, so they'll be tempted to say, "This is his administration and he gets to pick whom he wants, live where he wants, etc." That's a real problem, since the public looks to journalists to get an accurate sense of how Trump stacks up against previous presidents in his understanding of his responsibilities. If they just keep reporting what he's doing, with no historical context, the famously historically ignorant American populace will accept Trump's excesses like sheep and think nothing's amiss. That's the way countries in Europe became Nazified and Stalinized in the 20th century. It's especially seductive to fall in line when someone's telling you he's leading the country to some great future which only he himself can visualize right now, but one day everyone will see it.

-Marie-

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:28 pm

Keith taping tomorrow's show:

I wish they'd throw in a few of the acoustic dividers from my old office to keep the sound from bouncing all over the place.

-Marie-

Slfriend79
Site Admin

Postby Slfriend79 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:27 pm

This Is What Happens When You Criticize Donald Trump

Slfriend79
Site Admin

Postby Slfriend79 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:55 am

The Surprisingly Easy Way To Get Rid Of Trump

Slfriend79
Site Admin

Postby Slfriend79 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:14 pm

Why Trump Is Not Fit To Be President

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:22 pm

We got a ROKU, so now we can watch Keith -- incl. "The Closer" -- on TV again! (b/c ROKU lets you watch the Internets on TV :-)

-Marie-

Return to “Keith Olbermann”