KO new show 'The Closer': related info

Keith Olbermann related topics. This Forum combines all Olbermann threads from KeithOlbermann.Org. KO.O.
Slfriend79
Site Admin

Re: 'The Closer': KO debuts new show on GQ.com

Postby Slfriend79 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:07 am

Rudy Giuliani Attacking Hillary Clinton's Health Is Sick

" I'm not scared of Hell. It's just Heaven for bad people." Peter Capaldi As The Twelfth Doctor - Heaven Sent

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:17 pm

Slfriend79 wrote:Rudy Giuliani Attacking Hillary Clinton's Health Is Sick

That's a keeper!

Sometimes I think this presidential race boils down to a choice between civilization -- and whatever the opposite of that is.

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:43 pm

Response to Cody Decker tweet :-)

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

Marie
Certified Fan

'The Closer' goes DAILY!!!

Postby Marie » Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:20 pm

On the set of "The Closer" -- which now goes DAILY.
People have been waiting for this!!!

Since your response to #TheCloserGQ has overwhelmed us, we're going daily (at least this week!)
#PicOfMeDoingNothing

https://twitter.com/KeithOlbermann/stat ... 0483110912

Great thanks to our instant studio team for #TheCloserGQ! Episode 3 drops tomorrow at 8 AM EDT:
The TRUE Deplorables

https://twitter.com/KeithOlbermann/stat ... 0015269888

-Marie-

Trekkerlass

Postby Trekkerlass » Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:03 am

Thank you, Jesus. I've missed Keith sooooooo much.

I noticed the clamps on the back of his jacket in the last picture. Methinks he needs to get to a tailor, stat!
'What are the lessons to be learned from this journey of the mind "through the universe"? That humans are emotionally fragile, perennially gullible, hopelessly ignorant masters of an insignificantly small speck in the cosmos. Have a nice day.'--Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Marie
Certified Fan

'The Closer' premiers to rave reviews!

Postby Marie » Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:11 am

Keith Olbermann Is Back, And He Thinks Donald Trump Is A ‘Demonic Messiah’
Plus, he has 176 reasons why you-know-who shouldn’t be president.
By Ron Dicker
The Huffington Post
9/14/2016

DONALD TRUMP HAS BEED called many things during his presidential campaign, but “demonic messiah in Oompa Loompa’s clothing” is probably a first. That came courtesy of Keith Olbermann, who brought his colorful and sometimes controversial commentary style to his new GQ digital series, “The Closer,” on Tuesday. His takedown of Trump will likely leave you nodding in assent and laughing.

Olbermann urged Americans to defend themselves against people who, like Trump, don’t commit “to anything except their own out-of-control minds and the bottomless pits of their egos” and called the Republican nominee “the most dangerous individual ever nominated by a major party for the highest office in this country.”

He was just getting started.

“His base wants few details and fewer facts; they just want to burn it down and blame their failures on the collective ‘other,’” Olbermann continued. “And Donald John Trump is their demonic messiah in Oompa Loompa’s clothing. We must stop him.” Olbermann then began naming “176 shocking things Donald Trump has done this election.” Ready to count along?

Call it a history lesson -- or a warning.

“This is madness,” Olbermann concluded. “Any questions?”

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/kei ... 4b722d6e90

Keith Olbermann channels Edward R. Murrow in blistering takedown of Donald Trump
by Sean Mandell
towleroad
September 13, 2016

Keith Olbermann is back and taking aim at Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump.

Olbermann [is] running a new web series for GQ called “The Closer.” In its first episode, Olbermann tallies the 176 most outrageous of Trump’s offenses in his “15-month assault on American democracy.”

Said Olbermann in a call to arms to defeat Trump:

“Every few generations, we Americans are called upon to defend our country. To defend it not so much from foreign dictators or war or terrorism, but from those here who have no commitment to progress or democracy or representative government—no commitment to anything except their own out-of-control minds and the bottomless pits of their egos.

"Our society has thrown up these people before: Joseph McCarthy. George Wallace. Father Coughlin. Jefferson Davis. Aaron Burr. The Know-Nothings. The Blacklisters. The America-Firsters. And we have always thrown them out. And now our generation has its own: the most dangerous individual ever nominated by a major party for the highest office in this country.”

Olbermann proceeded to run through all the shocking things Donald Trump has done that we have become numb to because of the bombastic nature of his candidacy. In what is perhaps the most effective assault on Trump, Olbermann attacks the Republican nominee as an almost pathological liar:

"The Republican Party has actually nominated for president a man who lied about opposing the war in Iraq, when there is a tape of him supporting it, tape-recorded on the first anniversary of 9/11…

"Who lied about opposing the war in Iraq during a speech in which he insisted, 'I will never lie to you.' Who lied about six million dollars in charitable donations to veterans’ groups from his telethon; who lied about donating his profits from The Apprentice, about charitable donations from The Celebrity Apprentice, and from “Trump the Game” to St. Jude Cancer Center.

"Who lied about a plan to debate Bernie Sanders for charity. Who lied about why he wouldn’t release his taxes, because he was being audited and proved himself a liar by saying he would release his taxes if Hillary Clinton released her e-mails; who lied about how much money his father gave him or helped him get, coming out of college; who lied about sending his private jet to ferry stranded U.S. servicemen; who lied about talking to the Attorney General of Florida, who declined to investigate Trump University after she was given a campaign donation; who lied about his business in Russia; who lied about meeting Russian president Putin; who lied about offering child care to his employees, when it was child care for his hotel guests; who lied about 'some people' wanting a moment of silence for the murderer of five Dallas policemen; who lied about seeing thousands of Muslims in New Jersey celebrating 9/11; who lied about 9/11 hijackers sending their wives and girlfriends home to Saudi Arabia.

"Who lied about thousands of Syrian refugee terrorists being secretly admitted to this country; who lied about the Chicago police urging him to cancel a rally; who lied about the Chicago police saying they could solve crime there with 'tough police tactics'; who lied about how there was no drought in California, how he never said Japan should have nuclear weapons, how he opposed the ouster of Egyptian president Mubarak, how the unemployment rate is 42 percent.

"Who lied about ISIS making millions a week selling Libyan oil; who lied about dozens of secret terrorist cases in this country; who lied that a protester who tried to rush onto his stage had 'ties to ISIS'; who lied last May and again last week about refugees entering this country carrying cell phones with 'ISIS flags on them' and phone plans pre-paid by ISIS!"

Olbermann also made sure to highlight Trump’s heinous response to the Orlando massacre on June 12, saying,

"The Republican Party has actually nominated for president a man who congratulated himself in two tweets and a press release for predicting terrorist attacks like Orlando, while bodies still lay in the Pulse nightclub."

Olbermann may as well conclude his segment with, “Good night, and good luck.” But instead he wraps it up with, “This is madness. Any questions?”

http://www.towleroad.com/2016/09/keith-olbermann-trump/

Keith Olbermann shreds Giuliani: 'Clinton never concern-trolled you when you had cancer'
By Arturo Garcia
rawstory.com
Sep 14, 2016

KEITH OLBERMANN TURNED his attention toward Donald Trump’s “point man” regarding Hillary Clinton and her health, Rudy Giuliani, on Thursday’s edition of The Closer, pointing out that Giuliani wasn’t the subject of any political attacks after a past bout with prostate cancer.

“Did any of your opponents have the gall to attack you over your own health?” he asked regarding Giuliani’s failed run for the GOP presidential nomination. “Did any of your opponents do that when you were first diagnosed, while you were running for the senate seat for New York? Who were you running against again? Oh right -- Hillary Clinton.”

When Giuliani had to end his 2000 campaign against Clinton because of the illness, Olbermann pointed out, Clinton called him to wish him a speedy recovery, a sharp contrast to the former New York mayor’s insistence that “videos on the Internet” should cast doubt on the Democratic nominee’s own health.

“For crying out loud, Hillary Clinton has been campaigning with pneumonia since at least last Friday, and making more sense than Donald Trump has in his entire campaign,” said Olbermann.

“How’s her health??? She’s frickin’ Wonder Woman!”

The former MSNBC host also mocked ex-colleague Tom Brokaw for saying that Clinton should “see a neurologist.”

“I think you should go to a mirror and see if you have any journalistic credibility left,” Olbermann said. “It was pneumonia. Bad guess, Tom.”

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/09/keith-o ... ad-cancer/

-Marie-

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:14 am

Trekkerlass wrote:Thank you, Jesus. I've missed Keith sooooooo much.

I noticed the clamps on the back of his jacket in the last picture. Methinks he needs to get to a tailor, stat!

Hi, Trekkerlass!

He said in an interview once that he buys his clothes off the rack -- from Omar the Tent Maker.

-Marie-

Slfriend79
Site Admin

Postby Slfriend79 » Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:06 am

Hillary Was Wrong. All Of Trump's Supporters Are "Deplorable"

" I'm not scared of Hell. It's just Heaven for bad people." Peter Capaldi As The Twelfth Doctor - Heaven Sent

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:59 pm

Slfriend79 wrote:Hillary Was Wrong. All Of Trump's Supporters Are "Deplorable"

Doctor Who got a mention. (Possibly b/c the Trump campaign is on an asteroid outside the universe? :-)

-Marie-

Slfriend79
Site Admin

Postby Slfriend79 » Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:59 am

How The Horror Flick Trump Show Is Stranger Than Fiction

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:25 am

Slfriend79 wrote:How The Horror Flick Trump Show Is Stranger Than Fiction

Clinton: "Stronger Together"
Trump: "Stranger Together"

What a difference one little letter makes.

-Marie-

Marie
Certified Fan

Re: KO new show 'The Closer': related info

Postby Marie » Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:29 pm

Per Keith:
New Vol. 5 of #TheCloserGQ coming tomorrow.
https://twitter.com/KeithOlbermann/stat ... 1590330368

-Marie-

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:31 pm

More photos from the set of 'The Closer.'

Wouldn't he be more comfortable if he didn't have to execute a plié while at the same time trying to deliver an essay?

RAISE THE DESK AND THE SEAT, you guys!!!

-Marie-

Slfriend79
Site Admin

Postby Slfriend79 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:41 am

The Real Secret Behind Trump’s Terrorism Plan

Marie
Certified Fan

Re: 'The Closer' premiers to rave reviews!

Postby Marie » Tue Sep 20, 2016 4:02 pm

One more rave, from the Washington Monthly:
Welcome Back
by D.R. Tucker
The Washington Monthly
September 18, 2016

Thank God.

I’m sure I wasn’t the only person who had that reaction to the news that GQ had hired Keith Olbermann to discuss the demented dynamics of the 2016 presidential election.

It has been five long years since Olbermann was controversially forced out of MSNBC. Olbermann’s departure was profoundly painful for those who appreciated his courageous condemnation of former President George W. Bush, former Vice President Dick Cheney, Karl Rove, Bill O’Reilly, the Koch Brothers and the Tea Party movement during his eight-year run on the trailblazing program, Countdown.

It’s so good to have Olbermann back. Progressives need their wonks, their activists, their philosophers, their organizers and their strategists, but they also need folks who know how to stand up and strip the bark off the right wing. No one -- no one -- is better at that task than Olbermann.

I never quite understood why certain progressives wring their hands about Olbermann’s style, why he’s seen in some circles as too harsh, too abrasive, too sarcastic, too much. We can’t all be nice. We can’t all be civil. Movements need people who can throw elbows, who can give it to the ideological adversary as viciously as that adversary can dish it out, who aren’t timid when it comes to calling out BS.

Olbermann has always had a clear-eyed understanding that conservatism is the enemy, that the conservative vision inevitably leads to more destruction, more depravity, more deceit, more dysfunction. He recognizes that conservatism -- the ideology that gave us Ronald Reagan, Newt Gingrich, George W. Bush and Donald Trump -- is a metastasizing cancer within the American body, and that if that cancer is left untreated, the American body will be consigned to hospice care.

Before Gretchen Carlson and Andrea Tantaros stood up to Roger Ailes, Olbermann stood up to him. Before the world recognized just how radical Donald Trump was, Olbermann denounced his demagoguery. He is a pioneer without fear, and like his former MSNBC colleague Chris Hayes, it is wrong that Olbermann’s accomplishments have largely gone without respect. As you listen to Olbermann excoriate Trump, you realize just how much America misses and needs this man.

Who else is willing to state plainly that Trump is a clear and present danger to America’s best ideals and values? Who else is willing to point out that Trump is empowering white supremacists in a manner we haven’t seen since George Wallace’s heyday? Who else is willing to stand up to the forces of false balance and declare that Trump is a sick puppy and that if he becomes the 45th President he will lift his leg on the Constitution?

We wouldn’t need a Keith Olbermann if we had a mainstream media that did its job without fear or favor, a Fourth Estate that favored facts, a press corps that didn’t genuflect to power.

We need a Keith Olbermann to fight the pollution of our democracy for the same reason we need a carbon tax to fight the pollution of our atmosphere: to prevent our world from descending into chaos.

It’s great to have you back, Keith. Ignore the haters, the folks who can’t, or won’t, understand you. Keep doing what it takes to help our wounded country mend. And never, ever stop kicking right-wing rear end.

[NOTE: Hey that even rhymes! :grin:

Keep doing what it takes to help our wounded country mend.
And never, ever stop kicking right-wing rear end.

-Marie]

http://washingtonmonthly.com/2016/09/18/welcome-back-3/

-Marie-

Return to “Keith Olbermann”