KO new show 'The Closer': related info

Keith Olbermann related topics. This Forum combines all Olbermann threads from KeithOlbermann.Org. KO.O.
Marie
Certified Fan

KO new show 'The Closer': related info

Postby Marie » Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:49 am

'The Closer': KO debuts new show on GQ.com.

From Politico:
KEITH OLBERMANN has a new show, after more than a year away from the camera.

It’s not on a cable network this time, but rather in the form of a web series for GQ, where Olbermann has been named “special correspondent.” The bi-weekly series is called The Closer with Keith Olbermann and is scheduled to debut 8 a.m. tomorrow on gq.com.

“He’ll be providing commentary on the election, with the flexibility to delve into other timely issues when relevant,” a GQ rep told Morning Media.

During an appearance on The View back in March, Olbermann stoked speculation by announcing he was “coming out of retirement” following his reportedly amicable split with ESPN last year. But aside from rumors that he’d been in talks about a possible return to MSNBC, there’s been no official career news until now. One wonders what else the veteran TV host and liberal firebrand might have up his sleeve -- and what he’ll have to say about Donald Trump tomorrow.

http://www.politico.com/media/tipsheets ... z4K2pM3gsU

Meet the Newest Member of GQ: Keith Olbermann
He's been watching this absurd election, waiting, wondering why no one is saying what needs to be said. So he's going to do it himself. Introducing GQ's new Special Correspondent, Keith Olbermann, in...

https://twitter.com/GQMagazine/status/7 ... 2998517761

-Marie-
Last edited by Marie on Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

Slfriend79
Site Admin

Re: 'The Closer': KO debuts new show on GQ.com

Postby Slfriend79 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:06 am

Cool. 8)
"Laugh hard, run fast, be kind." - Peter Capaldi as the Twelfth Doctor (Twice Upon A Time)

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:05 am

KO says the vid at this site may work on your phone:
http://www.adweek.com/tvnewser/keith-ol ... ump/304175

So many formats -- so few devices that run them. :roll:

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

dejapig
Site Admin

Postby dejapig » Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:07 am

:shock: Woohoo! :cheer
Be who you are & say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter & those who matter don't mind. --Dr. Seuss
Keith Olbermann rocks! --dejapig

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:10 am

Can anyone identify whose bust is shown in the background? We know these things don't happen by chance. :-)

-Marie-

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:40 am

Keith Olbermann bringing political commentary to GQ
AP
Sep. 12, 2016

YOU DIDN'T EXPECT Keith Olbermann to keep quiet during the last two months of a presidential campaign involving Donald Trump, did you?

GQ magazine said Monday that it has named the former MSNBC host as a special correspondent. Starting Tuesday, Olbermann will air a web series on GQ.com twice a week on the 2016 election and other news topics.

Olbermann has been off TV since leaving ESPN for the second time.

GQ released a "teaser" video of Olbermann at a desk made to appear it was in the Oval Office, saying Trump could end up someplace looking like this.

"Not if I can help it," Olbermann said.

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/acd809f0 ... mentary-gq

:lol: =D>

-Marie-

Shellysdc

Postby Shellysdc » Mon Sep 12, 2016 6:21 pm

You beat me to it, but it's okay. It came up on my FB page moments ago. Here's the link in case anyone missed it:

http://contemptor.com/2016/09/12/hes-ba ... er-for-gq/

:lottery :lottery :purple :purple :purple :purple :purple :purple :purple :purple :monk :monk :monk :monk :monk
Make the most of every day. You never know what to expect.

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Mon Sep 12, 2016 6:38 pm

Shellysdc wrote:You beat me to it, but it's okay. It came up on my FB page moments ago. Here's the link in case anyone missed it:

http://contemptor.com/2016/09/12/hes-ba ... er-for-gq/

:lottery :lottery :purple :purple :purple :purple :purple :purple :purple :purple :monk :monk :monk :monk :monk

Glad the word is getting out, Shel! =D>

Keith is tweeting out updates faster than I can post them! Go here, scroll down to read --
https://twitter.com/KeithOlbermann/with_replies

-Marie-

Shellysdc

Postby Shellysdc » Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:52 pm

I so love this!! It took me a while to read the tweets but it's all good!
Make the most of every day. You never know what to expect.

Slfriend79
Site Admin

Postby Slfriend79 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:15 am

The 176 Most Shocking Things Donald Trump Has Done In This Election. So Far

"Laugh hard, run fast, be kind." - Peter Capaldi as the Twelfth Doctor (Twice Upon A Time)

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:53 am

Huh, there was some stuff in there I hadn't heard, and I thought I'd heard everything about this guy already!

Re the presentation: the stage is kinda bare, which I guess would be okay if it weren't for the echo in the studio. PLEASE do something to mitigate that. Also, I think it would have been crisper to cut it off after "any questions?" -- rather than leave the camera on Keith gathering his script sheets.

Other than that, wow -- just wow.

-Marie-

dejapig
Site Admin

Postby dejapig » Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:45 am

Marie wrote:Can anyone identify whose bust is shown in the background? We know these things don't happen by chance. :-)

-Marie-

Looks like Lincoln.
http://cybershutterbug.com/wordpress/?p=2593

There's pictures of a Lincoln bust behind Nixon and Obama in the Oval Office, and that's what Keith is representing there.
Be who you are & say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter & those who matter don't mind. --Dr. Seuss

Keith Olbermann rocks! --dejapig

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:12 pm

dejapig wrote:
Marie wrote:Can anyone identify whose bust is shown in the background? We know these things don't happen by chance. :-)

-Marie-

Looks like Lincoln.
http://cybershutterbug.com/wordpress/?p=2593

There's pictures of a Lincoln bust behind Nixon and Obama in the Oval Office, and that's what Keith is representing there.

After you mentioned it, I went and looked again, and it does look like Lincoln! Maybe just was the angle. Image

-Marie-

scifibird
Certified Fan

Postby scifibird » Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:39 pm

OMG be still my heart!! I might be able to make it through this election without losing my mind now that KO is back! I just wish he was back on TV but I'll take this and be happy!

Linda

SusieQ
Site Admin

Postby SusieQ » Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:12 pm

Keith did what only Keith seems to have the courage to do by listing and exposing all the crazy stuff the right have been willing to accept from Trump. So fantastic to see him again!
The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness.
-John Kenneth Galbraith

A conservative is a man with two perfectly good legs, who, however, has never learned to walk forward.
-Franklin D. Roosevelt

Return to “Keith Olbermann”