General News About The 'Olbermann' Show

Keith Olbermann related topics. This Forum combines all Olbermann threads from KeithOlbermann.Org. KO.O.
Marie
Certified Fan

Re: General News About The 'Olbermann' Show

Postby Marie » Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:39 am

I'd like to see the return of the 9am re-air, which disappeared when the show went dayside.

I miss having my morning coffee w/ Keith.

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

Slfriend79
Site Admin

Postby Slfriend79 » Sat Dec 06, 2014 5:32 pm

12/06/2014

@ESPNOlbermann - 13,359 Followers

Keith Olbermann Channel - 25,051 Subscribers

:banana :mango :plantain :purple :plantain :mango :banana
" I'm not scared of Hell. It's just Heaven for bad people." Peter Capaldi As The Twelfth Doctor - Heaven Sent

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:28 pm

HOLIDAY SEASON SCHEDULE:

Keith is on at 5pm Eastern all this week.

There is no show scheduled on Monday, Dec. 22.

The 30-minute Year in Review show premiers on Tuesday, Dec. 23 at 5pm Eastern, with many re-airs thereafter, including some weekend opportunities. =D>

The weekday live show returns after New Year's.

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

StevenHW

Postby StevenHW » Wed Dec 24, 2014 2:39 pm

I saw the 'Holiday Special' show yesterday (Tuesday, Dec. 23, 2014). It was actually the same as last year's special, except that he wore that magenta-colored suit during the linking segments between the video highlights. And his script that he read off the teleprompter was the exact same thing that he did last year. The game highlights (and the off-screen commentary) were from last year. So, it's basically like a rerun.

I didn't mind, though, because I loved his Holiday Special from last year! 8)

But I have often wondered why that special has not been up on Keith's YouTube page. Maybe because of the video highlight and copyright clearance issues? :-k

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Wed Dec 24, 2014 4:02 pm

^Yep, that's why. It's the reason the last (highlights) segment of every show doesn't get posted.

PS, I don't believe it's the exact same special; for example, the quip about him and Patrick doing HLs for the 1929 UC-Berkeley game is new. But some of the games have been cited previously b/c he limits it to holiday events.

-Marie-

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:41 pm

Keith predicts the most fascinating sports people of 2015:
GIVEN THAT LOOKING TO 2014, everybody basically not only whiffed (Jon Gruden?) but whiffed badly (Brian Wilson?), I hesitate. But if the field is the world and from it I have to pick three longshots, I'll take:

​• Anthony Davis, who seems to be getting better every quarter and might end the year unofficially crowned as the NBA's biggest star;

• Jameis Winston, who is poised to take his talents, especially his capacity for keeping a chain of personal tire fires going simultaneously, into the NFL. One can only imagine the draft issues, conduct reputation debates and finally his rookie season. He could make Johnny Manziel look like an undrafted free agent practice squadder from Bemidji State.

Thus, he might even clash with my third candidate, Roger Goodell. What if the first violator of the league's supposed zero tolerance policy is a controversial, gifted, rookie quarterback? Even if Winston behaves himself, Goodell's lack of self-awareness makes him an excellent guess here. He's screwed up everything, and in each direction. He's the one to watch for headlines, all of them bad, and the owners might finally say no mas in '15, which would be yet another headline story.

So it's them. Unless I end my 35-year not-the-most-fascinating streak, and it's me.

http://www.si.com/more-sports/2014/12/2 ... pe=default

:grin:

-Marie-

Slfriend79
Site Admin

Postby Slfriend79 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:56 pm

01/12/2015

@ESPNOlbermann - 13,587 Followers

Keith Olbermann Channel - 26,730 Subscribers

" I'm not scared of Hell. It's just Heaven for bad people." Peter Capaldi As The Twelfth Doctor - Heaven Sent

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:59 pm

From Cornell Univ.'s Communications:
Thanks to @KeithOlbermann for hosting our students last week for a taping!

-Marie-

StevenHW

Postby StevenHW » Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:40 pm

I wish the show went back to its original one-hour format, with more of the "Keith Lights", which were (and still are) funny!

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:00 pm

StevenHW wrote:I wish the show went back to its original one-hour format, with more of the "Keith Lights", which were (and still are) funny!

Me, too! In fact, I think that's the consensus among fans. (Unfortunately, just like Keith, not our day to run the network. Image)

-Marie-

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:23 pm

From the man himself:
Back at 630 tomorrow [1/28]; back at 5 next Monday.

Yay!

-Marie-

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:57 pm

Guess I ought to post this here too, under the General tab:

Tony Bruno hasn't gone away forever, he's just starting a new job in Philadelphia, so, as he tweeted tonight:
working on installing the equipment to do it live from Philly.

-Marie-

Slfriend79
Site Admin

Postby Slfriend79 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:56 pm

02/16/2015

@ESPNOlbermann - 13,718 Followers

Keith Olbermann Channel - 28,596 Subscribers

scifibird
Certified Fan

Postby scifibird » Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:55 pm

Hi all,
I just wanted to let you know that I commented on an article about Joy Reid's show being cancelled on MSNBC and how much I missed Keith, and I'm getting a lot of "likes." People still want Keith back in politics and I'm one of them! I care nothing for sports and have missed his opinion in politics greatly!
Linda :-(

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:06 pm

scifibird wrote:Hi all,
I just wanted to let you know that I commented on an article about Joy Reid's show being cancelled on MSNBC and how much I missed Keith, and I'm getting a lot of "likes." People still want Keith back in politics and I'm one of them! I care nothing for sports and have missed his opinion in politics greatly!
Linda :-(

He's on Twitter right now giving it to Billo. Politics not the focus of the show -- but he still manages to get his licks in anyway. :-)

-Marie-

Return to “Keith Olbermann”