Keith's Guest Appearances

Keith Olbermann related topics. This Forum combines all Olbermann threads from KeithOlbermann.Org. KO.O.
Marie
Certified Fan

KO's 'Real Time' Trump comments prompt discussion

Postby Marie » Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:30 pm

Keith Olbermann has us asking: Will the real Donald Trump please stand up?
By Soraya Nadia McDonald
The Washington Post
November 8 at 12:30 PM

KEITH OLBERMANN, professional liberal, is perhaps the last person you would expect to have nice things to say about Donald Trump, but he does. As a guest on Friday's Real Time With Bill Maher, Olbermann revealed a rather unexpected side of Trump that certainly dents the puffed-up, willfully ignorant blowhard image Trump has brandished on the 2016 presidential campaign trail.

Olbermann told Maher he's encountered Trump on multiple occasions. He revealed, rather sheepishly, that he lives in one of Trump's eponymous towers in New York.

The man he described sounded considerate, quiet and kind, which is to say, the complete opposite of the version that has been publicly presented for the last few months.

"This is the scariest part of this: I have seen him," Olbermann said. "I have talked to him, and obviously he'd be more interested in whether or not I'm happy with the experience than the average guy living there 'cause I have something of a public persona, but every conversation I ever had with him there, or when we worked together at NBC -- simultaneously at NBC -- was polite, calm, was about you, not him, was rational and solicitous."

Political spectators have been saying for some time that Trump has been treating the race for the presidency like a reality television show stint. And there's no person better suited for reality TV than someone who understands he or she needs to create a character. If you don't, one will be fashioned for you; just ask Jason Mann of HBO's Project Greenlight.

"All I keep thinking is, Which is the real one?-- this crazy guy on TV who sounds like if somebody said, ‘An Internet comments section is running for president?' "

Has Trump been playing us Stephen Colbert-style this entire time? Possibly. But someone's been falling for the act. Trump's appearance on Saturday Night Live gave the show its highest ratings in nearly four years.

"For the longest time, I thought, 'Well, which one is it?' And then I thought, 'It doesn’t matter'," Olbermann said.

"One of these things is a character. That scares me."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/art ... =rss_style

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

Marie
Certified Fan

AUDIO: 12/31/2015 Keith talks hockey on SiriusXM-NHL

Postby Marie » Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:51 pm

Wow, so good to hear Keith's voice again, especially when he's talking about something he really likes!

From today's edition of SiriusXM-NHL Game Day: Keith joins Jeff Marek and Matt Barnaby and reveals where his love of hockey began, and what he thinks of the game today.
https://soundcloud.com/siriusxmnhl/keit ... ckey-began

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

Marie
Certified Fan

AUDIO: Keith talks hockey & other stuff on the radio 2/17/2016

Postby Marie » Wed Feb 17, 2016 5:22 pm

Keith talks hockey & a bunch of other stuff on the radio:

Hockey Central @ Noon becomes Keith Olbermann @ Noon
SportsNet Canada
February 17, 2016, 12:30 PM

BROADCASTING GIANT Keith Olbermann guests on Hockey Central @ Noon to talk about a story involving Doug MacLean, coverage of the NHL in the United States, ESPN’s involvement with the World Cup of Hockey, being a New York Rangers fan, the possibility no Canadian teams will make the playoffs, and not having his political show during an interesting election year south of the [Canadian] border.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/590/hockey-cent ... mann-noon/

AUDIO HERE (19 mins): http://pmd.fan590.com/audio_on_demand-4 ... erview.mp3

-Marie-

JennyB

Re: Keith's Guest Appearances

Postby JennyB » Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:41 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flyn9qI4VWY

This is from last November when KO was on with BIll Maher.

Marie
Certified Fan

Keith teases political guest spot next week

Postby Marie » Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:18 pm

Uh-oh! :lol:

@BBCRosAtkins tweets: I was thinking when the baseball season gets into full swing, we should get you on. fancy that?

‏Keith replies: I'd be happy to. Or US politics. Going back to do some tv on that next week.

https://twitter.com/BBCRosAtkins/status ... 7644376068

-Marie-

dejapig
Site Admin

Postby dejapig » Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:51 pm

Earlier this week on ESPN they ran Keith's report from 19xx? on the end of the Chicago Bulls 44-game win streak. It was great to his hear his voice reporting sports in the way only he can! =D>
Be who you are & say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter & those who matter don't mind. --Dr. Seuss
Keith Olbermann rocks! --dejapig

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:30 am

dejapig wrote:Earlier this week on ESPN they ran Keith's report from 19xx? on the end of the Chicago Bulls 44-game win streak. It was great to his hear his voice reporting sports in the way only he can! =D>

1996. I found it! On ESPN's website: http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=14483180

And there's another SportsCenter epi from later in the same season on Youtube, with Keith using practically every one of his catchphrases except "Bye Felicia," which hadn't happened yet!

-Marie-

Marie
Certified Fan

Keith - 'The View' - 3/23/2016

Postby Marie » Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:31 am

"The View" (11:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. EDT) is the place to be heard. Season 19 delivers live broadcasts five days a week. "After The View" streams live on http://www.abc.com/TheView at 12:05 p.m. EDT twice each week. The live after show features co-hosts' and viewer reaction to the day's show, additional Hot Topics and celebrity drop-ins.

Scheduled guests for the week of MARCH 21- 25 are as follows (subject to change):

Monday, March 21 - "View Your Deal" with hottest items at affordable prices hosted by contributor Stacy London.

Tuesday, March 22 - Morgan Freeman ("The Story of God with Morgan Freeman").

Wednesday, March 23 - Exclusive interview with political commentator Keith OLBERMANN on the heels of recent Washington Post op-ed piece, exclaiming, "I can't stand to live in a Trump building anymore."

Thursday, March 24 - Dr. Ben Carson.

Friday, March 25 - Contributor Padma Lakshmi ("Love, Loss and What We Ate").

http://www.broadwayworld.com/bwwtv/arti ... 2016031713

-Marie-

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:26 am

^ The elusive KO, MIA on The View this AM. :-s

-Marie-

Slfriend79
Site Admin

Postby Slfriend79 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:10 pm

Marie wrote:^ The elusive KO, MIA on The View this AM. :-s

-Marie-

Well, your earlier post said 'Subject To Change', mahbe that's why he wasn't on. :-k
" I'm not scared of Hell. It's just Heaven for bad people." Peter Capaldi As The Twelfth Doctor - Heaven Sent

Marie
Certified Fan

KO on 'The View," take 2: Friday 3/25/2016

Postby Marie » Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:12 pm

Slfriend79 wrote:
Marie wrote:^ The elusive KO, MIA on The View this AM. :-s

Well, your earlier post said 'Subject To Change', maybe that's why he wasn't on. :-k

Yeah, anyone who publishes a TV schedule of any kind includes that disclaimer. Now he says we'll see him Friday. Hmm...

https://twitter.com/KeithOlbermann/stat ... 5975048193

(God willin' an' the crick don't rise! :-)

-Marie-

Marie
Certified Fan

KO on 'The View," take 2: Friday 3/25/2016

Postby Marie » Thu Mar 24, 2016 3:27 pm

https://twitter.com/TheView/status/713087802414510080

And Keith adds:
Hey @RealDonaldTrump, if you didn't like @TheView today, wait'll you see who the guest is TOMORROW.

-Marie-

Marie
Certified Fan

Today's big takeaway: 'I'm coming out of retirement, so...'

Postby Marie » Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:46 am

^ He didn't say when or how, exactly, but it's a final: Keith's period of rustication is OVAH!

-Marie-
Last edited by Marie on Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:36 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Marie
Certified Fan

VIDEO: KO on 'The View' 3/25/2015

Postby Marie » Fri Mar 25, 2016 1:14 pm

^

-Marie-
Last edited by Marie on Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Slfriend79
Site Admin

Postby Slfriend79 » Fri Mar 25, 2016 1:44 pm

Cool. 8)
" I'm not scared of Hell. It's just Heaven for bad people." Peter Capaldi As The Twelfth Doctor - Heaven Sent

Return to “Keith Olbermann”