Be cautious of anything from 'THE DAILY,' Murdoch's new app

Keith Olbermann related topics. This Forum combines all Olbermann threads from KeithOlbermann.Org. KO.O.
Marie
Certified Fan

Be cautious of anything from 'THE DAILY,' Murdoch's new app

Postby Marie » Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:21 pm

Explanation of why this alert was posted in Keith section to follow shortly.

Meanwhile, Colbert gives us a peek at Rupe's new gossip delivery system --

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/02/1 ... 24462.html

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

Marie
Certified Fan

Re: Be cautious of anything from 'THE DAILY,' Murdoch's new

Postby Marie » Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:02 pm

Okay, here's why I bring this up here:

My estimation of New York Magazine just plummeted to the basement. The publication now boasts a gossip cesspool -- appropriately called "Vulture" -- which appears to be on life support to Murdoch's new app "The Daily" for its content. (Note the two links to The Daily sleazebomb cozily nestled within their one-paragraph Vulture article referencing KO.)

Be prepared for this marriage-made-in-hell to be planting rumors wherever they hope they'll do the most harm -- such as attempting to drive a wedge between KO and his friends, as in the above example. While some blogs will post The Daily content innocently, others, such as Breitbart and the like, will knowingly pass on anything to cause mischief. Either way, our knowledge of the intense personal bias of such items' Murdochian source should help prepare us to deal with the appearance of similar upcoming rumors from the man who's developed rumormongering into a high art.

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

BrooklynBilly
Forum's Senior Troll

Postby BrooklynBilly » Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:07 pm

Oh yes the media must be purged of anything critical of Keith Olbermann, sounds like a job for The Ministry Of Truth.
Nemo surdior est quam is qui non audiet

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:27 pm

BrooklynBilly wrote:Oh yes the media must be purged of anything critical of Keith Olbermann . . .[/i]

Purging, no (although the smell of this garbage could serve as an emetic!).

Reading all gossip with a wary eye, better.

Being aware of where and whom this specific variety of poison comes from:
Priceless. :wink:

-Marie-

igotid88

Postby igotid88 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:52 pm

he tweeted about it a few hours ago. I don't know how to do the link for a single tweet.

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:46 pm

igotid88 wrote:he tweeted about it a few hours ago. I don't know how to do the link for a single tweet.

To get the individual link, click on the time/date stamp underneath the tweet (for example, "about an hour ago"). The individual tweet will come up in its own window and you can copy the link out of the browser field, and post it here. :-)

-Marie-

Houndfan

Postby Houndfan » Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:23 am

The show mentioned in that Vulture gossip article and other places sounds like junk. Why would we want to watch a bad imitation
of Keith when we could wait a couple of months and see the real one on his new show? This reminds me of a really bad sitcom
Henry Winkler was in years ago. His character was based on Rush Limbaugh and watching the show was as funny as a screwdriver in the eye.
So painful to watch it's a wonder my brain didn't suppress the memory of it.

NancyB
Spaz

Postby NancyB » Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:27 am

Houndfan wrote:The show mentioned in that Vulture gossip article and other places sounds like junk. Why would we want to watch a bad imitation
of Keith when we could wait a couple of months and see the real one on his new show? This reminds me of a really bad sitcom
Henry Winkler was in years ago. His character was based on Rush Limbaugh and watching the show was as funny as a screwdriver in the eye.
So painful to watch it's a wonder my brain didn't suppress the memory of it.

I think it was called Monty or something. I only remember that cause it was one of the first tv roles for a pre-Friends David Schwimmer.

winterbabe

Postby winterbabe » Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:56 pm

This character on Aaron Sorkin's new show is a ladie's man. I never got the impression that Keith was such a ladie's man. I always thought of him as old-fashioned and monogamous. Am I off-base on this?

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:19 pm

winterbabe wrote:This character on Aaron Sorkin's new show is a ladie's man. I never got the impression that Keith was such a ladies' man. I always thought of him as old-fashioned and monogamous. Am I off-base on this?

Unless he's been the most discreet person history has every seen, I'd say you're right on the money. Almost quaint -- that's the impression I get with regard to his approach to women.

-Marie-

winterbabe

Postby winterbabe » Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:36 pm

Marie wrote:
winterbabe wrote:This character on Aaron Sorkin's new show is a ladie's man. I never got the impression that Keith was such a ladies' man. I always thought of him as old-fashioned and monogamous. Am I off-base on this?

Unless he's been the most discreet person history has every seen, I'd say you're right on the money. Almost quaint -- that's the impression I get with regard to his approach to women.

-Marie-

Exactly! That's the word - quaint. We also know that Keith wouldn't be jetting in from St. Thomas or anywhere else since he hates flying and only does so when he absolutely has to.

dejapig
Site Admin

Postby dejapig » Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:34 pm

winterbabe wrote:This character on Aaron Sorkin's new show is a ladie's man. I never got the impression that Keith was such a ladie's man. I always thought of him as old-fashioned and monogamous. Am I off-base on this?

It's not a documentary. As fiction, Sorkin can base the character on some of Keith's real persona (liberal cable network host) and make up other stuff not occurring in reality...like a love life. *snark* Yellow_Flash_Colorz_PDT_02

Hey, not for lack of volunteers... :whistle:
Be who you are & say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter & those who matter don't mind. --Dr. Seuss
Keith Olbermann rocks! --dejapig

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:36 pm

winterbabe wrote:We also know that Keith wouldn't be jetting in from St. Thomas or anywhere else since he hates flying and only does so when he absolutely has to.

Well, there's one big flaw in the article in Murdoch's new rag. It ignores information about the project that Sorkin himself revealed over a month ago.

Most glaringly, "Flash" implies that Countdown's was the only set Sorkin visited when he was doing his research; however, Sorkin says he took the time to observe several cable news sets first-hand, and this is confirmed on a number of reputable websites, including this article, from Deadline, dated January 29 of this year:

In his research for the show, Sorkin spent time at Keith Olbermann and Chris Matthews' MSNBC shows as well as at Fox News Channel and CNN programs, but the TV personalities he shadowed are not expected to be part of the HBO show. That includes Olbermann, who, despite Internet speculation, is not involved in the project.
http://www.deadline.com/2011/01/aaron-s ... lot-order/

Another question I'd ask myself when considering Murdoch's item: WHY would anyone connected with Sorkin or HBO slip a copy of the script to a Murdoch publication? Everybody knows they distort information regarding people they don't like, and leaking the script would just be rewarding them!

-Marie-

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:38 pm

dejapig wrote:
winterbabe wrote:This character on Aaron Sorkin's new show is a ladie's man. I never got the impression that Keith was such a ladie's man. I always thought of him as old-fashioned and monogamous. Am I off-base on this?

It's not a documentary. As fiction, Sorkin can base the character on some of Keith's real persona (liberal cable network host) and make up other stuff not occurring in reality... like a love life. *snark* Yellow_Flash_Colorz_PDT_02

Hey, not for lack of volunteers... :whistle:

LOL, the lead character may be a woman, for all we know.

-Marie-

Return to “Keith Olbermann”