NY Post: The Real Reason Olbermann Lost His Show

Keith Olbermann related topics. This Forum combines all Olbermann threads from KeithOlbermann.Org. KO.O.
User avatar
keithaddict
Certified Fan
Posts: 2031
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:33 pm
Location: East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania

Re: NY Post: The Real Reason Olbermann Lost His Show

Postby keithaddict » Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:20 am

Yup, KO is so woefully incapable of taking jabs that when he went over-the-line describing Scott Brown and Jon Stewart called him out on it, he didn't admit he was wrong or apologize or anything!

Oh, wait a sec...

:roll:
"Debating [Brooklyn] Billy is a bit like pissing in the wind-sure you can technically do it...but what's the point?" - Philbert

"I take my role as a troll very seriously, a good part of that job is to be irritating." - Brooklyn Billy

http://www.dailykos.com/user/ProgressivePatriotPA/

http://www.twitter.com/progpatriotpa/

User avatar
keithaddict
Certified Fan
Posts: 2031
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:33 pm
Location: East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania

Re: NY Post: The Real Reason Olbermann Lost His Show

Postby keithaddict » Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:39 am

Philbert wrote: the NY Compost


:LMAO
"Debating [Brooklyn] Billy is a bit like pissing in the wind-sure you can technically do it...but what's the point?" - Philbert

"I take my role as a troll very seriously, a good part of that job is to be irritating." - Brooklyn Billy

http://www.dailykos.com/user/ProgressivePatriotPA/

http://www.twitter.com/progpatriotpa/

User avatar
Marie
Certified Fan
Posts: 31857
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 9:13 pm
Location: In front of my computer

Re: NY Post: The Real Reason Olbermann Lost His Show

Postby Marie » Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:19 pm

This was eminently predictable; they had to say something or lose their membership in the International Brotherhood of Fish Wrap.

PS, I just read where Joan Rivers suggested (I realize this is absurdity for the sake of humor) that NBC let him go because he's been partying with Charlie Sheen and they wanted to get him out of there before the story came out. :lol:

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012


Image

BrooklynBilly
Forum's Senior Troll
Posts: 5223
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:45 am

Re: NY Post: The Real Reason Olbermann Lost His Show

Postby BrooklynBilly » Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:46 pm

Philbert wrote:
keithaddict wrote:
Philbert wrote: the NY Compost


:LMAO



Thank you but hardly my own invention. The Right has been calling the Washington Post "The Washington Compost" for years. I've never undestood why they hate that paper so much. It's easily as center/Right as the NY Times.


I have been reading The N.Y.Times daily for over fifty years now and I can assure you it is not a center right publication. The Times is squarely in the camp of modern day liberalism. The NY Post btw hit the nail on the head with those Olbermann comments. The Post is a great subway paper offering you just as much as you want while you endure your ride on the IRT, it does have an excellent sports section.
Nemo surdior est quam is qui non audiet

User avatar
Sub-Level28
Certified Fan
Posts: 255
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:16 pm
Location: Norway
Contact:

Re: NY Post: The Real Reason Olbermann Lost His Show

Postby Sub-Level28 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:44 pm

Really? Like REALLY?!
If Keith was all everyone in the wake of all this claims he is wouldn't his days in any medium be numbered way earlier..

The job is a job that require ego but does not neccessitate a ego driven person.
Keith is NOT an egotistical man far from it.
All he has done is doing a take no prisoners type presuit of exposing lies and falsehoods and injustice.
He may have rubbed a few feathers and fur the wrong way now and then but he does it with the goal of making sure truth is out.
He is mistaken for an ego man because some people are not capable of differenciating between ego and confidence.
I know he got along great with his now ex crew.

Had he been this bastard do you think he'd let anyone like Rachel Maddow get a chance? No.
Would he give a shit about the health of others? No
Would he be the lefts Bill-O? Yes.

I'm sick of this!
"Go forth and spread beauty and light" Keith's sign off August 12th '09

Twitter @SubLevel28

Image
Used with permisssion by ReasonVsFear

BrooklynBilly
Forum's Senior Troll
Posts: 5223
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:45 am

Re: NY Post: The Real Reason Olbermann Lost His Show

Postby BrooklynBilly » Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:33 pm

Philbert wrote:
BrooklynBilly wrote:I have been reading The N.Y.Times daily for over fifty years now and I can assure you it is not a center right publication. The Times is squarely in the camp of modern day liberalism. The NY Post btw hit the nail on the head with those Olbermann comments. The Post is a great subway paper offering you just as much as you want while you endure your ride on the IRT, it does have an excellent sports section.



You say that because you are a liar and a buffoon. Your opinion of how the world works is of little interest to me or anybody else. NOBODY on the Left thinks that the NY Times is a leftist paper. Neo-Liberal perhaps but that is by definition center/Right.


I say that because I read it every day so I think I'm just a bit more qualified than you to render an opinion on the NYT's political bent. You seem to forget the Times endorsed Gore, Kerrey, Obama and every other Democrat to come down the pike, something no self respecting center/right publication woukld ever do.
Nemo surdior est quam is qui non audiet

BrooklynBilly
Forum's Senior Troll
Posts: 5223
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:45 am

Re: NY Post: The Real Reason Olbermann Lost His Show

Postby BrooklynBilly » Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:04 pm

Philbert wrote:
BrooklynBilly wrote:I say that because I read it every day so I think I'm just a bit more qualified than you to render an opinion on the NYT's political bent. You seem to forget the Times endorsed Gore, Kerrey, Obama and every other Democrat to come down the pike, something no self respecting center/right publication woukld ever do.



Yes, they would because all of those people are center right. You just don't want to admit it-which makes you 1) a liar, ) a buffoon 3) both.


On the other hand, the NYT banged the drum for war nonstop for years to get us into Iraq and Afganistan. Yeah, pack of Leftists, that bunch.


You have created your own little left wing bubble that few, outside of hardened revolutionarys , can enter. The vast majority of people in this country would agree with me, not that that necessarily makes me right but it does put you in a miniscule minority position.
People who hold ideas you disagre with are not necessarly liars nor are they buffons. I would say that small minded persons who resort to name calling are buffons n'est ce pas?
Nemo surdior est quam is qui non audiet

User avatar
RareBird
Certified Fan
Posts: 792
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:44 am

Re: NY Post: The Real Reason Olbermann Lost His Show

Postby RareBird » Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:08 pm

Yeah, like Countdown was just getting started and Keith walked off. Countdown was there plenty long enough to dispel this puny attempt to besmirch Keith as an impulsive prima donna. He carved the niche he had been looking for and showed no signs of being at odds with it when they "fired" him. Me thinks they doth protest too much that it wasn't a conspiratorial hatchet job. The right wants the White House back and no one with any brains "counting down" to that election.

BrooklynBilly
Forum's Senior Troll
Posts: 5223
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:45 am

Re: NY Post: The Real Reason Olbermann Lost His Show

Postby BrooklynBilly » Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:17 pm

RareBird wrote:Yeah, like Countdown was just getting started and Keith walked off. Countdown was there plenty long enough to dispel this puny attempt to besmirch Keith as an impulsive prima donna. He carved the niche he had been looking for and showed no signs of being at odds with it when they "fired" him. Me thinks they doth protest too much that it wasn't a conspiratorial hatchet job. The right wants the White House back and no one with any brains "counting down" to that election.


While I realize the intesity of your faith in Olbermann I think you overestimate what he has done and what he is capable of. Olbermann had an audience of about 1.2 million fervid viewers and about 5 million people who can't stand him, beyond that I believe there are 300 million Americans who have never heard of him. To imply that he has any influnce over our national debate is laughable. We political junkies get a little too caught up in this stuff and lose sight that for most politics is a quadrennial event.
Nemo surdior est quam is qui non audiet

User avatar
Marie
Certified Fan
Posts: 31857
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 9:13 pm
Location: In front of my computer

Re: NY Post: The Real Reason Olbermann Lost His Show

Postby Marie » Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:34 pm

Philbert wrote:
BrooklynBilly wrote:You seem to forget the Times endorsed Gore, Kerrey, Obama and every other Democrat to come down the pike, something no self respecting center/right publication woukld ever do.

Yes, they would because all of those people are center right. . . .

Or, more likely, because of the ALTERNATIVES. :-&

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012


Image

BrooklynBilly
Forum's Senior Troll
Posts: 5223
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:45 am

Re: NY Post: The Real Reason Olbermann Lost His Show

Postby BrooklynBilly » Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:45 pm

Philbert wrote:
BrooklynBilly wrote:You have created your own little left wing bubble that few, outside of hardened revolutionarys , can enter. The vast majority of people in this country would agree with me, not that that necessarily makes me right but it does put you in a miniscule minority position.
People who hold ideas you disagre with are not necessarly liars nor are they buffons. I would say that small minded persons who resort to name calling are buffons n'est ce pas?



I don't make a habit out of namecalling but your constant lying and BS deserves the response. You're full of crap. My own left wing bubble has a name-it's called reality. Just because your lords and masters among the ruling class have been pushing perception to the right for years, it doesn't mean anything to me. Gore and Kerry are multimillionaires from old aristocratic families. They have no interest in real social change...and that's very evifdent int hier voting records.

Obama, OTOH is a sell-out (as is the Democratic Party)...but it's not like he had much of a choice in the matter, and I don't hate the man for it. There is no real reform to be had within the system as it now stands. That's painfully obvious.


Just keep selling your stocks...it will be that much more fun for the rest of us when reality finally intrudes into your own little bubble. How popular do you think you will be if a real anti-corporate revolution hits this country?

Btw, Lenin and the Bolsheviks were in the tiny minority too...until the day they weren't.


Like you Philbert I have opinions and just because they differ from yours doesn't mean I lie. There will be no revolution in this country and you will die waiting for it to happen. You can stay an angry outsider and rant at the establishment but they have the power and set the agenda while you don't even have a seat at the table. You're wasting your time and your life being an angry outsider, jump in the water's fine.
Nemo surdior est quam is qui non audiet

User avatar
RareBird
Certified Fan
Posts: 792
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:44 am

Re: NY Post: The Real Reason Olbermann Lost His Show

Postby RareBird » Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:15 pm

BrooklynBilly wrote:
RareBird wrote:Yeah, like Countdown was just getting started and Keith walked off. Countdown was there plenty long enough to dispel this puny attempt to besmirch Keith as an impulsive prima donna. He carved the niche he had been looking for and showed no signs of being at odds with it when they "fired" him. Me thinks they doth protest too much that it wasn't a conspiratorial hatchet job. The right wants the White House back and no one with any brains "counting down" to that election.


While I realize the intesity of your faith in Olbermann I think you overestimate what he has done and what he is capable of. Olbermann had an audience of about 1.2 million fervid viewers and about 5 million people who can't stand him, beyond that I believe there are 300 million Americans who have never heard of him. To imply that he has any influnce over our national debate is laughable. We political junkies get a little too caught up in this stuff and lose sight that for most politics is a quadrennial event.


Perhaps you just see "viewers" as one dimensional beings who do nothing more than "view". I see them as all unique beings capable of influencing others. Having something as well-done and potent as Countdown with Keith five days a week was a stimulus to those 1.5 million people to indeed make their individual cases in the circles in which they find themselves. They tell two friends and they tell two friends and so on and son on, as the saying used to go. I don't have a defeatist attitude about the power of this vehicle to make a difference--especially in times when elections can so close they can be dicided by the court. Defeatist attitudes belong on the right with the party of no. Are you sure you're in the right place? I can't imagine trawling the net trying to find persons of an interest I do not share to tell them how "laughable" they are. I'm sad for those who do. Seriously.

GeminiDogg
Posts: 185
Joined: Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:50 pm

Re: NY Post: The Real Reason Olbermann Lost His Show

Postby GeminiDogg » Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:02 pm

If BillyBoy thinks there's not gonna be revolution in the country, well guess what? it Will happen in our lifetime, and it will not be pretty.
Neo-Clown slayer and 'KO' is my mutha Funkin' Dawg!!!

GeminiDogg
Posts: 185
Joined: Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:50 pm

Re: NY Post: The Real Reason Olbermann Lost His Show

Postby GeminiDogg » Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:15 pm

We all know the NY Post' article on Olbermann is more of a shameful hit-piece than a investigated journalism because simply...they hated him so. For years, Keith made their lives miserable over there every time they send him with a atomic missle, he returns fire with a 80 ton megaton missile. Also, it's a bad omen for Murdoch and his minnions thinking they hear the last of Olbermann. When he returns, they'll be hell to pay, of course. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Neo-Clown slayer and 'KO' is my mutha Funkin' Dawg!!!

BrooklynBilly
Forum's Senior Troll
Posts: 5223
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:45 am

Re: NY Post: The Real Reason Olbermann Lost His Show

Postby BrooklynBilly » Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:21 pm

Philbert wrote:
GeminiDogg wrote:If BillyBoy thinks there's not gonna be revolution in the country, well guess what? it Will happen in our lifetime, and it will not be pretty.



It's happening now in Egypt after all...


Yeah I guess we're next, after all we have so much in common with Egypt.
Nemo surdior est quam is qui non audiet


Return to “Keith Olbermann”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests