A Personal Note to my fellow KO followers

Keith Olbermann related topics. This Forum combines all Olbermann threads from KeithOlbermann.Org. KO.O.
GeminiDogg

A Personal Note to my fellow KO followers

Postby GeminiDogg » Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:19 pm

Guys.....Whining about why MSNBC/Comast of letting KO go is not helping much in our Morale.

Listen....I can understand the anger of some of you on this board that are pissed off of KO's sudden departure from MSNBC; believe me, I am too. I can relate to that.

It reminds me a story when my Mom decided back in 2003 that she's leaving Albany, N.Y. for good to live with my sister in Maryland. It hit me kinda hard. I didn't like it, and I wish that she never leave Albany. It a took awhile for me to get adjust of my mother not being there there when I needed her; but it was HER Decision, and her decision alone, for what is best for her; because she wasn't happy of where she was at that time in her life. Now she's happy living in Florida, and that's good enough for me. Had she stay in Albany, I would probably lose her, for good.

That's the same thing happened between KO and MSNBC, when they decided to part ways. Like it or not, for better for worse, was a Business Decision. However, what I don't understand, is why some of you on this board taking it out on Lawrence, Rachel and Big Ed? This is not the 1960's where you rise up and protest against the establishment durning the Vietnam War. That douchbag Imus and his idiot wife Dedire got all half-ass backwards when they criticized Rachel Maddow for not calling for a riot after KO left the network. Where was Imus when his former WNBC (now WFAN) Radio colleauge Howard Stern got fired from that station back in 1985? He was on the station the next day? Ridicule Stern as phony back stabbin' weasel and deserve to get the ax. Some ally. Rachel didn't do no such thing like Imus did. She thank Keith for giving her own show, and as always,she was very graceful and classy to Keith. Talk about hypocrisy Just because he's not KO, and now occupied the time slot for our fearless leader and now works for the Evil Comcast, doesn't neccessary means you should villified him for that. Lawrence needs your support; Rachel needs your support; and Big Ed Schultz needs your support too! Keith brought all those three people to MSNBC. Let's give all three the support they needs to kicked that prick BillO D. Klown's and Fixed News' teeth in the ratings!

In the mean time.....KO WILL RETURN TO TELEVISION BY THIS YEAR'S END!! when he does, he will tell his side of the story why he left, He'll be once again, making BillO D. Klown miserable as hell as usual.....And I Can hardly wait for that return event take place in Television! :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:
Neo-Clown slayer and 'KO' is my mutha Funkin' Dawg!!!

Sub-Level28
Certified Fan

Re: A Personal Note to my fellow KO followers

Postby Sub-Level28 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:29 pm

While I can't give Rachel ratings I keep watching her via the podcasts and I'd love to do the same for Lawrence but alas no podcast avaliable (yet). Ed I don't even know.

I know Keith will be back (and when he does I better be able to watch and keep up my support)!
In the mean time I am a loyal fan that will stick with him!
Semper Fidelis!
"Go forth and spread beauty and light" Keith's sign off August 12th '09

Twitter @SubLevel28

Used with permisssion by ReasonVsFear

Eileenleft

Postby Eileenleft » Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:07 pm

Anger is part of the grief process. Please let us be.

Eileen

Slfriend79
Site Admin

Postby Slfriend79 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:07 pm

Eileenleft wrote:Anger is part of the grief process. Please let us be.

Eileen

Amen! =D>
"Laugh hard, run fast, be kind." - Peter Capaldi as the Twelfth Doctor (Twice Upon A Time)

keithaddict
Certified Fan

Postby keithaddict » Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:14 pm

I don't have my hopes up that Keith will be back on TV this year or next. He doesn't have anywhere realistic to go. CNN? Yeah, right. I'm just hoping he starts writing a regular piece or, even better, makes his OWN video podcast! That'd be ideal, if he's not gonna be back on TV.
"Debating [Brooklyn] Billy is a bit like pissing in the wind-sure you can technically do it...but what's the point?" - Philbert

"I take my role as a troll very seriously, a good part of that job is to be irritating." - Brooklyn Billy

http://www.dailykos.com/user/ProgressivePatriotPA/

http://www.twitter.com/progpatriotpa/

jwolfbauer
Certified Fan

Postby jwolfbauer » Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:55 pm

keithaddict wrote:I don't have my hopes up that Keith will be back on TV this year or next. He doesn't have anywhere realistic to go. CNN? Yeah, right. I'm just hoping he starts writing a regular piece or, even better, makes his OWN video podcast! That'd be ideal, if he's not gonna be back on TV.

I think Keith already has an offer. Does F.O.K. stand for Fans of Keith? Or is it something else? I would like to see a real news show with Keith & Rachel doing it together. =D> =D> =D>
In brightest day,
In blackest night,
No evil shall escape my sight.
Let those who worship evil’s might,
Beware my power: Green Lantern’s Light.
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy."- MLK Jr.
'Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.'" JFK

SusieQ
Site Admin

Postby SusieQ » Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:58 pm

It stands for Friends of Keith. I think it is something he formed on twitter.
The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness.
-John Kenneth Galbraith

A conservative is a man with two perfectly good legs, who, however, has never learned to walk forward.
-Franklin D. Roosevelt

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:58 pm

jwolfbauer wrote:
keithaddict wrote:I don't have my hopes up that Keith will be back on TV this year or next. He doesn't have anywhere realistic to go. CNN? Yeah, right. I'm just hoping he starts writing a regular piece or, even better, makes his OWN video podcast! That'd be ideal, if he's not gonna be back on TV.

I think Keith already has an offer. Does F.O.K. stand for Fans of Keith? Or is it something else? I would like to see a real news show with Keith & Rachel doing it together. =D> =D> =D>

Yup, it's Fans of Keith. Hashtag first appeared at 8pm Eastern on Monday, the 24th.

Full service news, YES!!!

-Marie-
Last edited by Marie on Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

jwolfbauer
Certified Fan

Postby jwolfbauer » Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:02 pm

Thanks gals.
In brightest day,
In blackest night,
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy."- MLK Jr.
'Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.'" JFK

keithaddict
Certified Fan

Postby keithaddict » Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:02 pm

He has an offer? From a cable channel? Who? Link? :shock:
"Debating [Brooklyn] Billy is a bit like pissing in the wind-sure you can technically do it...but what's the point?" - Philbert

"I take my role as a troll very seriously, a good part of that job is to be irritating." - Brooklyn Billy

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:05 pm

keithaddict wrote:He has an offer? From a cable channel? Who? Link? :shock:

I was intrigued by that myself. Hey, Janet, what are you hearing?

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

jwolfbauer
Certified Fan

Postby jwolfbauer » Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:38 pm

keithaddict wrote:He has an offer? From a cable channel? Who? Link? :shock:

I didn't say I knew of one. What I said was I believe, in my opinion, he already has an offer. Not that I knew infact that he has one. I think people like Keith always keep their options open even when they are working. :lol: Sorry to curl your toes keithaddict! :P
In brightest day,
In blackest night,

keithaddict
Certified Fan

Postby keithaddict » Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:40 pm

Haha I'll forgive you someday.

njliberal

Postby njliberal » Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:59 am

I still watch Ed, though a lot of his anger and spark is gone. Comcast is trying to put his fire out too, turn him into a news reader. I also watch Cenk who took Ed's time slot. I watch Rachel seldom. So at present Ed and Cenk are really the only two shows on MSNBC that I watch regularly.
In all honesty Keith was the reason why I ever tuned into MSNBC to begin with. I'd turn on the network in time to see the tail end of Chris Matthews, continue on with Ed, Keith, Rachel and even Lawrence. Now that KO is gone there is a big hole there. They have silenced his voice in cable news because they didn't agree with what he is saying. They are now trying to change Ed's show and quiet him down too.
Why should I watch Lawrence if what I want to see is KO? It's like eating fish if you want steak.
The more support we give to a network that hammers down whatever host they don't like will just lead to more of the same.

jwolfbauer
Certified Fan

Postby jwolfbauer » Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:50 am

njliberal wrote:I still watch Ed, though a lot of his anger and spark is gone. Comcast is trying to put his fire out too, turn him into a news reader. I also watch Cenk who took Ed's time slot. I watch Rachel seldom. So at present Ed and Cenk are really the only two shows on MSNBC that I watch regularly.
In all honesty Keith was the reason why I ever tuned into MSNBC to begin with. I'd turn on the network in time to see the tail end of Chris Matthews, continue on with Ed, Keith, Rachel and even Lawrence. Now that KO is gone there is a big hole there. They have silenced his voice in cable news because they didn't agree with what he is saying. They are now trying to change Ed's show and quiet him down too.
Why should I watch Lawrence if what I want to see is KO? It's like eating fish if you want steak.
The more support we give to a network that hammers down whatever host they don't like will just lead to more of the same.

The face of Comcast is - they knew what Keith was saying was true but they don't want the public to know the facts, keep us in the dark. This country is now going back to the McCarthy era, only worse because of more money being thrown into the ring of fire. I fear it will get much worse. :cry: All this because of a Black President who isn't even all BLACK, and the jealous ranting of a man who calls himself a war hero - bunk! He came home, thousands did not. McCain does not give a damn about this country, all he craves is the spotlight just like the twit half gov. If we don't get our voices heard, we are in deep shit!
In brightest day,
In blackest night,

Return to “Keith Olbermann”