Social Distance Daily Thurber Reading

Keith Olbermann related topics. This Forum combines all Olbermann threads from KeithOlbermann.Org. KO.O.
Classchic1

Social Distance Daily Thurber Reading

Postby Classchic1 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:45 pm

So although I'm new here, I'm not new to Mr. Keith Olbermann. I was introduced to him when I was in the eighth grade back in 2008. He was and is so charismatic! He also inspired me to follow my dreams into a difficult field that I've gotten my bachelors in now!
So I was ecstatic to find out that during these difficult times right now, Mr. Olbermann is having a nightly live reading on Twitter.
Seeing him in such form is great! :grin:
Anyway, I simply wanted to introduced myself and let everyone know about the Thurber Readings on Twitter!

Marie
Certified Fan

Re: Social Distance Daily Thurber Reading

Postby Marie » Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:05 pm

Welcome to the forum, Classchic1!

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

Classchic1

Postby Classchic1 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:17 pm

Hi Marie!
Thanks for the welcome! :grin:
I've got a random question for you. I was just talking to some of my friends and we've got a debate on Mr. Olbermann. The debate's about what type of music we think he listens to. (I know it's pretty random but fun when you're stuck inside. :lol: )
Personally, he seems like a Classic Rock and Classical music kind of man. Any thoughts?

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:58 am

Classchic1 wrote:Hi Marie!
Thanks for the welcome! :grin:
I've got a random question for you. I was just talking to some of my friends and we've got a debate on Mr. Olbermann. The debate's about what type of music we think he listens to. (I know it's pretty random but fun when you're stuck inside. :lol: )
Personally, he seems like a Classic Rock and Classical music kind of man. Any thoughts?

Hmm... let's see. A couple of musical remarks I remember him making are that he loves the Beatles and that his fav jazz musician is Django Reinhardt. I think you're right about his preferring classic rock, but it's just the impression I get. :-)

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:29 pm

Classchic1 wrote:So I was ecstatic to find out that during these difficult times right now, Mr. Olbermann is having a nightly live reading on Twitter.
Seeing him in such form is great! :grin: . . .

I agree so much! We finally got a computer set up in the living room so we could watch in comfort. When he read the fable about the two dogs I just had to laugh at the voices he did for them -- better, if possible, than his Thurber readings from 2010 & 11. Probably all his work on the Bojack episodes has honed his voice characterization skills even sharper!

-Marie-

Return to “Keith Olbermann”