Texting Keith Olbermann - new BBC podcast!

Keith Olbermann related topics. This Forum combines all Olbermann threads from KeithOlbermann.Org. KO.O.
Marie
Certified Fan

Texting Keith Olbermann - new BBC podcast!

Postby Marie » Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:57 pm

You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

scifibird
Certified Fan

Re: Texting Keith Olbermann - new BBC podcast!

Postby scifibird » Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:56 am

Marie
Certified Fan

Re: Texting Keith Olbermann - new BBC podcast!

Postby Marie » Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:17 am

Nice to see you back on the board, Linda!

First off, I don't know why they made Keith all orange, like you-know-who.* So I had to correct the color and give the photo a new background --

As for the article, my initial introduction to the Lloyd Grove approach to journalism was this grainy 2006 slightly drunken interview in which Grove declares, "Screw investigative reporting, Nobody's interested. Just fire all your investigative reporters and invest your resources in gossip. That's all anybody wants." At the time he prognosticated that very soon, gossip would replace all news reporting; and, sadly, it seems his prediction has already been at least 80% fulfilled. But it's that cynicism which permeates everything he writes that puts me off.

-Marie-
*except maybe that Grove shaped the article to make him appear very Trumpian.
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

Return to “Keith Olbermann”