Ron 'The Ghoul' Sweed Passes Away At 70

Post deaths of well known public figures here
Slfriend79
Site Admin

Ron 'The Ghoul' Sweed Passes Away At 70

Postby Slfriend79 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:07 am

Legendary Cleveland Horror Host Ron 'The Ghoul' Sweed Has Died

Cleveland, Ohio -- Ron “The Ghoul” Sweed the late-night television horror host whose irreverent shtick, outrageous stunts, crazy get-ups and endless supply of boom-booms entertained a generation of Clevelanders has died.

Sweed passed away on Monday, after a five-month-long battle with heart problems. He was 70.

Read The Full Story Here: https://expo.cleveland.com/life-and-cul ... hotos.html

I remember watching his show. :-(
"Laugh hard, run fast, be kind." - Peter Capaldi as the Twelfth Doctor (Twice Upon A Time)

Marie
Certified Fan

Re: Ron 'The Ghoul' Sweed Passes Away At 70

Postby Marie » Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:25 pm

This is some Ohio lore! The Ghoul was clearly a Ghoulardi inheritor, and I suppose if you want to get technical, both trace back to Mad Daddy Pete Myers.

2020 hopefuls wishing to endear themselves to Ohioans will wisely reference The Ghoul's passing over the next few days.

Rest in peace, Ghoul, and stay sick!

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

Return to “RIP”