2018 State of the Union address

The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men. (Plato)
Marie
Certified Fan

2018 State of the Union address

Postby Marie » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:42 pm

Someone just tweeted, "Republicans are always complaining about how terrible the government is. Then they get elected and prove it."

I think that about covers everything Trump is complaining about. He and all his GOP henchmen need to look in the mirror for the cause.

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

Marie
Certified Fan

Re: 2018 State of the Union address

Postby Marie » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:33 am

One supposedly heroic story which hit a sour note for me was the one Trump told about the cop who encountered a pregnant woman about to shoot up on heroin, and went directly home and received an instant agreement from his wife to -- to take the woman into their home and care for the woman until her child was born? Nope, the wife agreed to ADOPT THE BABY! #-o

Hell with the mom, right? She's just a junkie baby vending machine. Trump never even mentioned what happened to her. [-(

So much for keeping families together.

PS, someone tweeted the backstory, which reports that he cop is shown on body-cam SCOLDING the woman for 11 minutes about being a bad mother before coming up with this awesome brainstorm.

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

Return to “Politics”