President Obama's accomplishments so far

The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men. (Plato)
keithaddict
Certified Fan

Re: President Obama's accomplishments so far

Postby keithaddict » Sat May 15, 2010 8:34 pm

One of the scariest things about Fox News is how it can make someone into a Rush Limbaugh without them even realizing it! If you think Obama is not an American citizen but is a communist, you are not vouching for yourself as an "independent"! They are far-right fantasies that even Bill-O the Kkklown, when Daily Kos with the help of Research 2000 pollsters prove to be believed by a majority of Republicans, attempts to denounce.
"Debating [Brooklyn] Billy is a bit like pissing in the wind-sure you can technically do it...but what's the point?" - Philbert

"I take my role as a troll very seriously, a good part of that job is to be irritating." - Brooklyn Billy

http://www.dailykos.com/user/ProgressivePatriotPA/

http://www.twitter.com/progpatriotpa/

jwolfbauer
Certified Fan

Postby jwolfbauer » Sat May 15, 2010 11:02 pm

keithaddict wrote:One of the scariest things about Fox News is how it can make someone into a Rush Limbaugh without them even realizing it! If you think Obama is not an American citizen but is a communist, you are not vouching for yourself as an "independent"! They are far-right fantasies that even Bill-O the Kkklown, when Daily Kos with the help of Research 2000 pollsters prove to be believed by a majority of Republicans, attempts to denounce.

Shows you how Hitler came to be! Fact is there is so many different views from news programs (or what is now being called news) that people are swayed into believing what they hear and not finding out the complete truth. Truth is hard to find and hidden most of the time. So when they hear these guys like Bill kkkO', Rush lier his paints are on fire, and weepy Beck, they tend to follow because now it's stuff that might actually touch them. Now these people are upset and ready to fight against anything that is not reasonable. It is now the only way the GOP can take back control of the country. Think what would happen if a guy like Rush actually got as high as the Oval Office. Profound!

Does anyone remember a movie back in the 60's about the blacks taking over the country and putting whites in slavery! Can't remember the name of the movie. I think it was around the time of the riots in Detroit. I remember the neighbors talking about it for months and months. All kinds of what if that and what if this crap was coming out of their mouths and going into the heads of their children!
In brightest day,
In blackest night,
No evil shall escape my sight.
Let those who worship evil’s might,
Beware my power: Green Lantern’s Light.
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy."- MLK Jr.
'Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.'" JFK

Hoppy49

Postby Hoppy49 » Sun May 16, 2010 6:52 am

Wolf, I believe it was called 'Wild in the Streets', where the youth revolt & take over, putting everyone over 30 in concentration camps, mandatory drug use & indoctrination, & death to non conformers. It was a right wing fright film for the adults while the kids loved it for the obvious reasons. If you reverse everything in the movie, where everyone under 30 is kept in camps until fully indoctrinated & only those 'acceptable' citizens allowed the vote, (those agreeing with the powers that be) we have a neo con dream of a perfect America, run by the Corporations, w/o individual rights except for the elite. This is the future in Limbawl, Rove, teabagger nation so be afraid for your children, very afraid.
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster...When you look into an abyss,the abyss also looks into you.-Nietzche-

jwolfbauer
Certified Fan

Postby jwolfbauer » Sun May 16, 2010 9:35 am

Hoppy49 wrote:Wolf, I believe it was called 'Wild in the Streets', where the youth revolt & take over, putting everyone over 30 in concentration camps, mandatory drug use & indoctrination, & death to non conformers. It was a right wing fright film for the adults while the kids loved it for the obvious reasons. If you reverse everything in the movie, where everyone under 30 is kept in camps until fully indoctrinated & only those 'acceptable' citizens allowed the vote, (those agreeing with the powers that be) we have a neo con dream of a perfect America, run by the Corporations, w/o individual rights except for the elite. This is the future in Limbawl, Rove, teabagger nation so be afraid for your children, very afraid.

Thanks Hoppy for the answer. I think this sums up what the GOP is trying to do. I also believe they know that this AZ law needs to get rid of Hispanics to do it, so it is being passed from state to state. John McCain needs to lose in November to get rid of this really bad evil. I would like to know why AZ got so over run with illegals, with a Republican governor, John McCain, and 8 years of Bush/Cheney in office. None has helped AZ at all.
In brightest day,
In blackest night,
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy."- MLK Jr.
'Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.'" JFK

dejapig
Site Admin

Postby dejapig » Sun May 16, 2010 3:18 pm

John McCain still has to beat his opponent in the August 24 primary, J. D. Hayworth, before the November election. But as bad as McCain is, Hayworth is WORSE!
Be who you are & say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter & those who matter don't mind. --Dr. Seuss
Keith Olbermann rocks! --dejapig

jwolfbauer
Certified Fan

Postby jwolfbauer » Sun May 16, 2010 11:00 pm

Philbert wrote:
dejapig wrote:John McCain still has to beat his opponent in the August 24 primary, J. D. Hayworth, before the November election. But as bad as McCain is, Hayworth is WORSE!

Yes, but Hayworth is probably less electable than old man winter...so he's the preferable candidate.

Oh my GOD! Well a Democrat has to beat whoever in Nov., for sure. [smilie=redcolorz3_pdt_19.gif]
In brightest day,
In blackest night,

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Sun May 16, 2010 11:10 pm

Philbert wrote:
dejapig wrote:John McCain still has to beat his opponent in the August 24 primary, J. D. Hayworth, before the November election. But as bad as McCain is, Hayworth is WORSE!

Yes, but Hayworth is probably less electable than old man winter...so he's the preferable candidate.

He's sort of a poor man's Limbaugh in addition to being a Gingrichite (he came into Congress with the rest of the "freshman" in '95).

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

jwolfbauer
Certified Fan

Postby jwolfbauer » Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:17 pm

Obama to 'Pocket Veto' Foreclosure Bill

President Obama will “pocket veto” a bill that passed through Congress that could have made it easier for banks to foreclose on homeowners. The “Interstate Recognition of Notarizations (IRON) Act” was supposed to make it easier for states to recognize documents notarized in other states; however, the bill passed through Congress with almost no debate, and so it fell to consumer groups to point out that it could have the unintended consequence of making it easier for banks to remove homeowners from their homes. The pocket veto is when the president refuses to sign a bill, and Congress must be adjourned for a pocket veto to take effect.

A pocket-veto comes when the president refuses to sign a bill while Congress is adjourned.

In December 2009, President Obama issued a “pocket veto” of a “stop gap” appropriations bill that ultimately proved unnecessary since Defense funding passed in time.

Read it at Political Punch
In brightest day,
In blackest night,

jwolfbauer
Certified Fan

Postby jwolfbauer » Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:15 pm

It’s Official: More Private Sector Jobs Created In 2010 Than During Entire Bush Years | NEWS JUNKIE.
newsjunkiepost.com
The September jobs report was just released and demonstrates that America is on a far slower path to recovery than anyone originally predicted. Despite this, the shedding of government jobs cloaks a glimmer of hope: more private sector jobs have been created this year than during

Year Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
2000 249 121 472 286 225 -46 163 3 122 -11 231 138
2001 -16 61 -30 -281 -44 -128 -125 -160 -244 -325 -292 -178
2002 -132 -147 -24 -85 -7 45 -97 -16 -55 126 8 -156
2003 83 -158 -212 -49 -6 -2 25 -42 103 203 18 124
2004 150 43 338 250 310 81 47 121 160 351 64 132
2005 136 240 142 360 169 246 369 195 63 84 334 158
2006 262 326 304 174 31 69 232 141 100 43 201 177
2007 194 104 239 92 149 55 -20 -71 52 86 128 70
2008 -10 -50 -33 -149 -231 -193 -210 -334 -458 -554 -728 -673
2009 -779 -726 -753 -528 -387 -515 -346 -212 -225 -224 64 -109
2010 14 39 208 313 432 -175 -66 -57 -95

Focusing in on the latter part of the monthly chart of jobs created/lost above, we are confronted with the famous “Bikini Graph”, which demonstrates the sharp reversal of job losses that has taken place after Bush left office and Obama entered it (latest version available to April 2010).

The September jobs report was just released and demonstrates that America is on a far slower path to recovery than anyone originally predicted. Despite this, the shedding of government jobs cloaks a glimmer of hope: more private sector jobs have been created this year than during the entire Bush administration. Read that again: 2010 has had more private job creation than during the entire 8 year tenure of George W. Bush.

This is the 9th straight month of private sector job growth in the midst of a devastating recession that has put a serious strain mostly on the poor and middle class. There has been a total of 863,000 private sector jobs created in 2010, exceeding the total created under the Bush/Cheney regime.

The numbers are not all good however. Companies added 64,000 jobs last month, but after the loss of 159,000 government jobs at all levels, there was a net shedding of ~95,000. The fading influence of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA or the economic stimulus) is causing much of the strain on the job market, as state and local governments still strained by poor revenue are cutting positions, particularly in education.

This is also the central agent that has caused the overall net job loss for the last four months, following a net gain for the first 5 months of the year. The net jobs gained during 2010 stands at 613,000, which is over half of the 1,080,000 jobs were created during the entire time George W. Bush was in office.

2010 Total Jobs Gained or Lost
January 14,000
February 39,000
March 208,000
April 313,000
May 432,000
June -175,000
July -66,000
August -57,000
September -95,000
In brightest day,
In blackest night,

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:27 pm

jwolfbauer wrote:
It’s Official: More Private Sector Jobs Created In 2010 Than During Entire Bush Years | NEWS JUNKIE.
newsjunkiepost.com . . .

I actually knew that! I just wonder why Dems don't make a bigger point out of it; they should be shouting it from the rooftops!

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

Hoppy49

Postby Hoppy49 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:10 pm

When 1 is dealing with individuals who are undeterred by facts or opinions based on facts, shouting it from the rooftops will only encourage the liars to further stoke the uninformed and intentionally ignorant with more lies based on paranoia and egotism/self indulgence. The problem is that the 80% who know theyre lying doesnt give a damn & are accepting defeat by the neanderthals & their GOP puppeteers.
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster...When you look into an abyss,the abyss also looks into you.-Nietzche-

jwolfbauer
Certified Fan

Postby jwolfbauer » Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:46 pm

Marie wrote:
jwolfbauer wrote:
newsjunkiepost.com . . .

I actually knew that! I just wonder why Dems don't make a bigger point out of it; they should be shouting it from the rooftops!

-Marie-

Maybe it is because so many are still unemployed. I just don't know why people think he is superman and can turn this country around on a DIME! With all the jobs Bush lost us in 8 years, we are just starting to recoop from the bottom up. Add these jobs to all the jobs that were lost, and we are still in the negative and will be for a very long time.

Okay so now that the moratorium has been lifted and the 8 to 12,000 temporary jobs are back for the people working in the oil industries, not so for Main Street. Good for them but nothing like when GM and Chrysler laid off thousands across the US. Those people were not on a temporary lay off and thousands are still not working. I think what this whole damn thing has done is just make it better for these big Corporations to downsize on the publics money!
In brightest day,
In blackest night,

Hoppy49

Postby Hoppy49 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:35 pm

With the govmnt loaning $$ at zero interest and no small business/jobs loans forthcoming along with a consistant legislative gridlock from the GOP, its pretty naive not to recognize a concerted plan to bring down Obama and to negate all attempts at leadership or moving forward for the betterment of the nation. The inmate minority has taken over the asylum and the nation is at risk. If the majority who elected Obama/dems for a progressive agenda, dont realize the danger to the American way of life from the evil triad, Business/banks, GOP,& TParty seditionists, freedom will be a memory. A quiet one since talking against the powers that be will be 1 of the first to go when the 'we know better than you what you need' crowd moves in. If they win in Nov the minority will know they can lie their way to power and the majority negated. End of democracy.......If the GOP doesnt take over in Nov, watch & see how quickly the money lock disappears and economic recovery booms. Businessmen, in the hope of a return of friendly enablers to power w/o much hope, accepted the promise that the GOP could 'bring Obama (that ni--er) down' but if they dont win, its hot potato time for the righties. & they know it.

dejapig
Site Admin

Postby dejapig » Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:04 pm

jwolfbauer wrote:Okay so now that the moratorium has been lifted and the 8 to 12,000 temporary jobs are back for the people working in the oil industries, not so for Main Street. Good for them but nothing like when GM and Chrysler laid off thousands across the US. Those people were not on a temporary lay off and thousands are still not working. I think what this whole damn thing has done is just make it better for these big Corporations to downsize on the publics money!

As posted here...
viewtopic.php?p=175895&sid=e617bc8c5cfc1a9dd46cfcd627907fc4#p175895

...no one knows when those 8,000 to 12,000 jobs will actually return with a "de facto" moratorium still in place.
Be who you are & say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter & those who matter don't mind. --Dr. Seuss

Keith Olbermann rocks! --dejapig

SusieQ
Site Admin

Postby SusieQ » Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:07 pm

Philbert wrote:
Michael wrote:Repeal of Don't Ask, Don't Tell.

Which might be his biggest victory of all. We will see in 2012.

Oh ye, of little faith.
The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness.
-John Kenneth Galbraith

A conservative is a man with two perfectly good legs, who, however, has never learned to walk forward.
-Franklin D. Roosevelt

Return to “Politics”