President Trump

The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men. (Plato)
Marie
Certified Fan

'We're putting our MINORS back to work'

Postby Marie » Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:37 am

:-s Was this a Freudian slip, betraying the prez's wish to bring back child labor?

Trump posted a graphic in which he celebrates "putting our minors back to work."

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

Marie
Certified Fan

The state of Trump's mental health

Postby Marie » Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:06 am

A SHORT UPDATE on Trump’s mental health. I’m not entirely sure if the unraveling is intensifying or if there was anything raveled in the first place. But it’s important to keep stating the obvious. The great difficulty of living with someone who is seriously delusional is that you eventually acclimate to it, find yourself responding to it, and thereby eventually lose any solid sense of reality itself.

So let me just say that there is something profoundly unhinged about someone who creates a fake Time magazine cover about himself and has the photo framed and hanging in several of his properties and, when this is revealed, refuses to say anything about it. It’s a delusional, absurd form of pathological narcissism and deceit that should, in any sane country, lead to his removal from office.

It’s of a pattern with his completely psychotic statements about his inaugural crowds, Obama’s alleged wiretapping, the various health-care plans he has no understanding of, the tweeting “foreign policy” that is fast destroying the credibility of his own secretary of State, the invention of “intelligence” about North Korea, and the simply whack-job, misogynistic attacks on Mika Brzezinski and Joe Scarborough.

There is no precedent for this behavior in the Oval Office in American history, even in Nixon’s deranged final days. The case for impeachment seems to me, at this point, far less salient than the invocation of the 25th Amendment.

If someone this unstable, this delusional, and this unwell cannot be removed from office, who can?

-Andrew Sullivan, in New York Magazine

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

Marie
Certified Fan

Re: The state of Trump's mental health

Postby Marie » Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:53 am

I read somewhere he dislikes having to negotiate stairs -- maybe that's what was on his mind when he reached the bottom and walked past the limo before being stopped and directed back to his car:

PS, unlike the poster of the video, I don't find this funny. Man needs to be evaluated by an objective medical professional (not that weird 'doctor' who released Trump's phony health report during the campaign).

-Marie-

Marie
Certified Fan

Re: President Trump

Postby Marie » Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:14 am

-Marie-

Return to “Politics”