President Trump

The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men. (Plato)
Marie
Certified Fan

He thought (!) it wd be easier than his old life

Postby Marie » Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:35 am

"Thought"???

Trump says he thought being president would be easier than his old life
By Stephen J. Adler, Jeff Mason and Steve Holland
reuters.com
4/27/2017

HE MISSES DRIVING, feels as if he is in a cocoon, and is surprised how hard his new job is.

President Donald Trump on Thursday reflected on his first 100 days in office with a wistful look at his life before the White House.

"I loved my previous life. I had so many things going," Trump told Reuters in an interview. "This is more work than in my previous life. I thought it would be easier."

A wealthy businessman from New York, Trump assumed public office for the first time when he entered the White House on Jan. 20 after he defeated former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton in an upset. More than five months after his victory and two days shy of the 100-day mark of his presidency, the election is still on Trump's mind. Midway through a discussion about Chinese President Xi Jinping, the president paused to hand out copies of what he said were the latest figures from the 2016 electoral map.

"Here, you can take that, that's the final map of the numbers," the Republican president said from his desk in the Oval Office, handing out maps of the United States with areas he won marked in red. "It’s pretty good, right? The red is obviously us." He had copies for each of the three Reuters reporters in the room.

Trump, who said he was accustomed to not having privacy in his "old life," expressed surprise at how little he had now. And he made clear he was still getting used to having 24-hour Secret Service protection and its accompanying constraints.

"You're really into your own little cocoon, because you have such massive protection that you really can't go anywhere," he said. When the president leaves the White House, it is usually in a limousine or an SUV. He said he missed being behind the wheel himself. "I like to drive," he said. "I can't drive any more."

Many things about Trump have not changed from the wheeler-dealer executive and former celebrity reality show host who ran his empire from the 26th floor of Trump Tower in New York and worked the phones incessantly. He frequently turns to outside friends and former business colleagues for advice and positive reinforcement. Senior aides say they are resigned to it.

The president has been at loggerheads with many news organizations since his election campaign and decided not to attend the White House Correspondents' Dinner in Washington on Saturday because he felt he had been treated unfairly by the media.

"I would come next year, absolutely," Trump said when asked whether he would attend in the future.

The dinner is organized by the White House Correspondents' Association. Reuters correspondent Jeff Mason is its president.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-t ... SKBN17U0CA

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

Marie
Certified Fan

Re: President Trump

Postby Marie » Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:39 pm

First 100 days ends at midnight. How we doing, America?

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Mon May 01, 2017 1:16 am

I swear I'm not making this up: Michael Kinsley, in is NYTimes column, invites readers to try and think of something nice to say about Trump. In so doing, Kinsley unintentionally speeds up the rate at which subscribers are cancelling.

Here's his tweet w/responses, and posts to the hashtag #SomethingNiceAboutTrump.

-Marie-

Marie
Certified Fan

Stephen King, re Trump

Postby Marie » Thu May 04, 2017 4:15 am

Stephen King, re Trump:
That this guy has his finger on the nuclear trigger is worse than any horror story I ever wrote.
https://twitter.com/StephenKing/status/ ... 1389562880

-Marie-

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Fri May 05, 2017 5:45 am

New Yorker --

-Marie-

Marie
Certified Fan

Prez's Popularity Plummets

Postby Marie » Thu May 11, 2017 5:05 pm

From the latest Q-poll 5/10/2017

-Marie-

Marie
Certified Fan

Who won the day on Twitter?

Postby Marie » Wed May 17, 2017 12:44 am

Choice between these two --

OR

-Marie-

Marie
Certified Fan

The mystery of 'covfefe'

Postby Marie » Wed May 31, 2017 8:40 am

The president apparently fell asleep as he was tweeting early this morning. The last word he sent was "covfefe."

It remained on his Twitter profile for 5 hours, following which Trump awoke and took the tweet down, substituting an embarrassed replacement tweet.

Anticipated statement by Sean Spicer in his White House briefing this afternoon:

"The president has fulfilled his REPEAL and REPLACE promise!"

#covfefe

-Marie-

Marie
Certified Fan

Re: The mystery of 'covfefe'

Postby Marie » Wed May 31, 2017 12:38 pm

HA -- someone on Twitter guessing "COVFEFE" is Trump's cell #. :lol:

-Marie-

Marie
Certified Fan

Re: The mystery of 'covfefe'

Postby Marie » Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:05 pm

Marie
Certified Fan

Gallup has Trump at 36% approval, 58% disapproval

Postby Marie » Sun Jun 04, 2017 5:00 pm

Latest Gallup poll: Trump approval slipping further, now down to 36% approve, 58% disapprove.
Nearing the lowest of his presidency.
https://twitter.com/mattmfm/status/871415116654424064

-Marie-

Marie
Certified Fan

Trump's use of the term 'fake news' is focus of poll

Postby Marie » Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:36 pm

YouGov poll:

When Donald Trump calls something "fake news":
35% of those polled think Trump really believes info reported is untrue
53% think Trump just doesn't like the news

https://twitter.com/williamjordann/stat ... 6901160960

-Marie-

Marie
Certified Fan

Trump press conf w/Romanian president

Postby Marie » Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:58 pm

"This is my great P-R--- this is my great PRIORity . . ."

I think he was right the first time, LOL.

Marie
Certified Fan

Re: Trump press conf w/Romanian president

Postby Marie » Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:23 pm

Brian Williams: "The president committed himself to so many things. He committed himself to NATO Article 5. He committed himself to testify under oath . . ."

It would help so much if Trump would just COMMIT HIMSELF!

-Marie-

Marie
Certified Fan

Missing sailors no concern of Trump

Postby Marie » Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:32 pm

Kevin Baron, of Defense One, tweets:

We're hours into the worst US Navy disaster in years - 7 missing - yet no word from @realDonaldTrump.
Tweeting about himself and Hannity.

https://twitter.com/DefenseBaron/status ... 2371019776

-Marie-

Return to “Politics”