Trump Fires Comey

The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men. (Plato)
Slfriend79
Site Admin

Trump Fires Comey

Postby Slfriend79 » Tue May 09, 2017 5:26 pm

Trump Fires FBI Director James Comey

“Today will mark a new beginning for our crown jewel of law enforcement.”

By Ryan Grenoble

President Donald Trump has fired FBI Director James Comey, the White House said Tuesday afternoon.

“The FBI is one of our Nation’s most cherished and respected institutions and today will mark a new beginning for our crown jewel of law enforcement,”
Trump said in a statement.

Read The Letter Here: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/tru ... mg00000009

" I'm not scared of Hell. It's just Heaven for bad people." Peter Capaldi As The Twelfth Doctor - Heaven Sent

Marie
Certified Fan

Re: Trump Fires Comey

Postby Marie » Tue May 09, 2017 6:44 pm

The reasons given for the firing are preposterous. When was the last time Trump or his administration EVER gave the REAL REASON they've done anything?

Trump cites as the reason for the firing Comey's statements out of school about Clinton last summer -- then turns right around and praises Comey's (supposedly) telling him (3 times, facryinoutloud!) that Trump himself is not a target of the Russia investigation.

So, to sum up, to Trump's way of thinking: bad when you don't keep Clinton facts under wraps -- but OK to tell Trump investigation target details? The fool is talking out of both sides of his mouth. #-o

Comey was fired b/c he was was on that Russia probe like a pit bull, and for NO OTHER REASON. :x

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Tue May 09, 2017 10:43 pm

Hosted by:
Indivisible Guide
Americans Against Trump
Working Families Party
MoveOn.org

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Tue May 09, 2017 10:51 pm

Reaction from the Twittosphere

#comey

https://twitter.com/hashtag/comey?f=twe ... s&src=hash

-Marie-

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Thu May 11, 2017 3:34 pm

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Thu May 11, 2017 3:43 pm

Next week's New Yorker cover

-Marie-

Marie
Certified Fan

Trump cd be crazy, Comey suggested after wiretap claim

Postby Marie » Thu May 11, 2017 5:11 pm

The NYTimes reports:
After President Trump accused his predecessor in March of wiretapping him, James B. Comey, then the F.B.I. director, was flabbergasted. The president, Mr. Comey told associates, was “outside the realm of normal,” even “crazy.”
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/10/us/p ... .html?_r=0

-Marie-

Marie
Certified Fan

Trump threatens Comey w/'tapes'

Postby Marie » Fri May 12, 2017 2:33 pm

Now, like the mob boss he aspires to be, Trump is threatening Comey with "tapes" of their dinner discussion if Comey talks about it.

Comey says go ahead, make my day.

But I say, better than that would be if the investigating committees subpoenaed the tapes and put them on the PA system where we cd all listen. I hope he made lots and lots b/c they will all be massively incriminating! =D>

-Marie-

Marie
Certified Fan

Re: Trump threatens Comey w/'tapes'

Postby Marie » Fri May 12, 2017 4:00 pm

Hey, maybe that's why Trump didn't want anyone else in the Oval Office when the Russians were there = they installed the recording system for him. :-k

-Marie-

Marie
Certified Fan

Comey documented all his Trump encounters

Postby Marie » Wed May 17, 2017 12:08 am

Comey memo says Trump asked him to end Flynn investigation
By Michael S. Schmidt
The New York Times
5/16/2017

PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP ASKED then-F.B.I. director James B. Comey to shut down the federal investigation into Mr. Trump’s former national security adviser, Michael T. Flynn, in an Oval Office meeting in February, according to a memo Mr. Comey wrote shortly after the meeting.

“I hope you can let this go,” the president told Mr. Comey, according to the memo.

The memo was part of a paper trail Mr. Comey created documenting what he perceived as the president’s improper efforts to influence a continuing investigation.

An F.B.I. agent’s contemporaneous notes are widely held up in court as credible evidence of conversations.

READ THE COMPLETE ARTICLE: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/16/us/p ... .html?_r=0

-Marie-

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Wed May 17, 2017 7:33 am

-Marie-

Return to “Politics”