Countdown 12/23/09

KO.O. Stuff from 2009
CandyCanes

Countdown 12/23/09

Postby CandyCanes » Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:36 am

Lawrence was in again. I agree with his outrage; Obama is a liar. Howard Dean for president...

That congressman from Alabama is basically screwed. He won't win the Republican primary. I saw him on Hannity while flipping channels.

GeminiDogg

Re: Countdown 12/23/09

Postby GeminiDogg » Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:36 am

though I am disappointed in Obama on his handling of The Health Care Issue SO FAR because he knows having the Public Option or not having the public option will make or break him. However Candy, I am not ready to called him a liar or throw the towel on him just yet. At the same time, some of my fellow progressives like Dean and Jane Hamsher of Firedoglake.com who were criticizing the President and then calling for Congress to kill the Health Care Bill are doing more harm to this cause than good. Paul Krugman in his recent column says it best; Is better to pass the crappy health care bill than to kill because you can upgrade it later on by adding the public option because killing the bill will played right into the hands of the lunatic right wing fringe because they're out for blood and they can smell it. If I were giving advice to both Dean and Hamsher I should set up an appointment to see the president and advised him on how they can include the Public Option to the bill right under the noses of the Neo-Con Bastards and beat them in their own game.

That Candy, is exactly I would had done. It's maybe Dirty Politics, but you gotta played dirty in order to get it done. =D> =D> =D> =D>

UPDATE: Speaking of Hamsher, Can ANYONE EXPLAINED TO ME IS SHE'S ALLIANCE WITH BUSHIE LOYALIST GROVER NORQUIST TO KILL THIS HCR BILL AND TO GET RID OF RAHM EMANUEL AS WELL???? WTF!?!?!? I just went on to the Daily Kos website and the Kossacks there are TOTALLY PISSED OFF at her for alliance with a scum who has a hand in the Jack Ambramoff scandal. I can understand of her not liking this bill but for her to be a associated with a scum like Norquist, I am very disappointed in Jane. :evil:
Last edited by GeminiDogg on Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
Neo-Clown slayer and 'KO' is my mutha Funkin' Dawg!!!

SusieQ
Site Admin

Postby SusieQ » Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:37 am

GeminiDogg wrote:though I am disappointed in Obama on his handling of The Health Care Issue SO FAR because he knows that the having the Public Option or not will make or break him. However Candy, I am not ready to called him a liar or throw the towel on him yet. At the same time, some of my fellow progressives like Dean and Jane Hamsher of Firedoglake.com criticizing the President and calling for Congress to kill the Health Care Bill are not helping much this cause. Paul Krugman in his recent column says it best; Is better to pass the crappy health care bill than to kill because you can upgrade it later on by adding the public option because killing the bill will played right into the hands of the lunatic right wing fringe because they're out for blood and they can smell it. If I were giving advice to both Dean and Hamsher I should set up an appointment to see the president and advised him on how they can include the Public Option to the bill right under the noses of the Neo-Con Bastards and beat them in their own game.

That Candy, is exactly I would've done. It maybe Dirty Politics, but you gotta played dirty in order to get it done. =D> =D> =D> =D>

Thanks, GeminiDogg! I agree.
The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness.
-John Kenneth Galbraith

A conservative is a man with two perfectly good legs, who, however, has never learned to walk forward.
-Franklin D. Roosevelt

jwolfbauer
Certified Fan

Postby jwolfbauer » Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:44 am

I have to disagree on this. Saying you can come back and change or fix later, is telling us just how bad this bill is. Have we forgotten what the banks did after the stimulus. The insurers have already found the loopholes in this bill. Don't kid yourselves, this bill is going to push the insurance industry to a new high! When we follow like sheep, we lead ourselves to the cliff. I'm sorry Obama has made a mistake on this one. Everyone make mistakes, but Obama has put the Democratic party in an ill light and the people won't forget he left them behind in the dust. He was not strong enough and stood by too long; watching these jerks tear apart a good bill. The public option would have given the Dem's what they needed to go for another 4 years, plus. I see another Jimmy Carter, scenario. Politicians are a nasty bunch, but the President had the majority. Too many of the Dem's also have their butts in the hands of the lobbist! We need to reform the Senate and the House. :-({|= before we can gain any ground - I hope it is in my lifetime. [-o< That would have been a real forth of July.
Merry Christmas and have a safe New Year!
In brightest day,
In blackest night,
No evil shall escape my sight.
Let those who worship evil’s might,
Beware my power: Green Lantern’s Light.
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy."- MLK Jr.
'Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.'" JFK

CandyCanes

Postby CandyCanes » Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:01 pm

How is this even health care reform? This seems like health care DEFORM. An individual mandate? What the hell? The reason that these people don't have insurance is because they can't AFFORD it, not because they don't WANT it. The insurance companies will get richer and richer and continue to screw over the American people.

If we can't do it now, how do you know that we will be able to put it in later? This bill sucks. What we need to realize is that people like Olympia Snowe and Blanche Lincoln will not vote for a bill that will actually help. We need to give up their votes and use reconciliation to pass the bill.

Return to “2009”