TRMS 12/23 Rachel lays the smackdown on The Birch Society

KO.O. Stuff from 2009
GeminiDogg

TRMS 12/23 Rachel lays the smackdown on The Birch Society

Postby GeminiDogg » Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:12 am

On today's TRMS, Rachel recently called out the controversial outcast neo-con group the John Birch Society. A group that was so out to the right even past Attila The Hun. They were against everything progressive from civil rights for minorities to segregation to women's rights and blames communism for it. Now after a long exile from the mainstream conservatism, the society's became the new sponsor of the 2010 C-PAC with Mitt Romney and Tim Pawlenty will be the main speakers. John Birch Society responds to Rachel Maddow's story by calling her expose about the group lies.

Memo to Birch: Never throw rocks at the girl who has a AK-47 pointed at your dome.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26315908/vp ... 1#34581121
Last edited by GeminiDogg on Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Neo-Clown slayer and 'KO' is my mutha Funkin' Dawg!!!

Marie
Certified Fan

Re: TRMS 12/23 Rachel laid the smackdown on The Birch Society

Postby Marie » Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:15 am

GeminiDogg wrote:On today's TRMS, Rachel recently called out the controversial outcast neo-con group the John Birch Society. A group that was so out to the right even past Attila The Hun. They were against everything progressive from civil rights for minorities to segregation to women's rights and blames communism for it. Now after a long exile from the mainstream conservatism, the society's became the new sponsor of the 2010 C-PAC with Mitt Romney and Tim Pawlenty will be the main speakers. John Birch Society responds to Rachel Maddow's story by calling her expose about the group lies.

Memo to Birch: Never throw rocks at the girl who has a AK-47 pointed at your dome.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26315908/vp ... 1#34581121
I know about the Birchers from my older brother. He fell under their influence while a student -- in CA of all the places you never expected, LOL!

He used to bring these pamphlets home and give them to me -- all about how the Beatles were a communist plot to weaken America's moral fiber, etc. (This was around the time of the British invasion.) I just gaped.

He also got me reading Ayn Rand -- but it didn't work because I got a different message from The Fountainhead and Atlas Shrugged than the one I apparently was supposed to. (To me, they just sounded like a defense of nonconformity!)

He bragged about chasing Johnson canvassers out of his yard w/ the hose. He's not like that now -- he's worse. Becoming a Bircher ruined him for life.

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

GeminiDogg

Re: TRMS 12/23 Rachel laid the smackdown on The Birch Society

Postby GeminiDogg » Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:05 am

Marie wrote:I know about the Birchers from my older brother. He fell under their influence while a student -- in CA of all the places you never expected, LOL!

He used to bring these pamphlets home and give them to me -- all about how the Beatles were a communist plot to weaken America's moral fiber, etc. (This was around the time of the British invasion.) I just gaped.

He also got me reading Ayn Rand -- but it didn't work because I got a different message from The Fountainhead and Atlas Shrugged than the one I apparently was supposed to. (To me, they just sounded like a defense of nonconformity!)

He bragged about chasing Johnson canvassers out of his yard w/ the hose. He's not like that now -- he's worse. Becoming a Bircher ruined him for life.

-Marie-

Shit, I feel for you. People like your brother who gets involved into cult groups like the birch get so brainwashed by the hateful conspiracy paranoia rethoic they had taught, they had forgotten their purpose in life. Not only their lives are scarred but their families in the process
Neo-Clown slayer and 'KO' is my mutha Funkin' Dawg!!!

Return to “2009”