After it's all said and done

KO.O. Stuff from 2009
madashell

After it's all said and done

Postby madashell » Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:56 pm

The bought and paid for congress people in both the house and senate will pass something that they are going to call a Health Reform Bill that will in no way reform anything at all. It will make the health insurance industry much more powerful and disgustingly wealthy while the American people who really need health aid will be mandated into a program they don't want by threat of a large fine.

The health insurance monopolies will still be able to make obscene profits off the backs of the middle class and insure only those who are less in need and leave some kind of government entity to pick up the slack on those who are less healthy.

Then they will all take a break and pat themselves on their respective backs and claim that they worked real hard to get a health reform bill that reformed nothing and any talk of helping the needy will be shelved until the next cycle of bull **** about helping the people who are in dire need of real health care. In the meantime more will die and go medically bankrupt because they can't afford to line the scavengers pockets any further.

Congratulations Democrats. You have let the minority party dictate the policies while whining and crying that you don't have a super majority. The Republicans still run the senate with only 40 votes. They didn't have 60 votes for all the Bush Bush Clinton Reagan years but they managed to push all their bills through and ran our country into the ground. Now they only have 40 votes and are still controlling the senate.

You have spent a year doing what? Full of sound and fury signifying nothing.

BrooklynBilly
Forum's Senior Troll

Re: After it's all said and done

Postby BrooklynBilly » Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:10 pm

You seem to be ignoring the fact that only 38% of the population wants the current HCR plan being offered by the Democratic congress. That might just have a little more to do with it's current problems than those evil Republicans.
Nemo surdior est quam is qui non audiet

RPY

Postby RPY » Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:19 am

.....just another 'story, insignificant, concocted by greedy idiots'........The foregone lines could not have been said better.
The Ruling Class knows well how to deceive the multitude. The Chairman of the Board does not stoop to the level of politics.
He does not prostitute himself but purchases a politico to "do his job''. :lol:

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:47 am

BrooklynBilly wrote:You seem to be ignoring the fact that only 38% of the population wants the current HCR plan being offered by the Democratic congress. . . .
According to what polling service? You certainly know by now the percentage of people who want "the plan" depends on how it's described and who's doing the polling, Shilly. So stop annoying people with unsupported "statistics" (you pulled out of your butt).

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

AaronCT

Postby AaronCT » Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:35 am

My biggist problem wth the insurance reform bill is that it does't do enough to address costs.
"Overcome the angry by non-anger; overcome the wicked by goodness; overcome the miser by generosity; overcome the liar by truth." ~The Buddha

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." ~Mark Twain

madashell

Postby madashell » Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:44 am

BrooklynBilly wrote:You seem to be ignoring the fact that only 38% of the population wants the current HCR plan being offered by the Democratic congress. That might just have a little more to do with it's current problems than those evil Republicans.

Actually those evil Republicans, in this case, are not responsible and if you were to read (and understand) my original post you should be able to figure out that I blame the wimpy Democrats for not getting a bill passed that the American people want and need.

BrooklynBilly
Forum's Senior Troll

Postby BrooklynBilly » Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:05 pm

Michael wrote:Just because the Democrats are wimpy--and they are--doesn't make the Republicans anyone's friend. We have to address this at the Primary level. Wimpy Democrats need to be replaced by stronger ones. Greens need to run as Democrats.

Greens running as Democrats would get absolutely nowhere outside of Berkeley, the Upper West Side and Ann Arbor.
Nemo surdior est quam is qui non audiet

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:11 pm

BrooklynBilly wrote:
Michael wrote:Just because the Democrats are wimpy--and they are--doesn't make the Republicans anyone's friend. We have to address this at the Primary level. Wimpy Democrats need to be replaced by stronger ones. Greens need to run as Democrats.
Greens running as Democrats would get absolutely nowhere outside of Berkeley, the Upper West Side and Ann Arbor.
According to the pollster in Billy's head. There a whole lot of voices in there. But don't worry -- they all know him. :wink:

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

jwolfbauer
Certified Fan

Postby jwolfbauer » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:05 pm

Marie wrote:
BrooklynBilly wrote:
According to the pollster in Billy's head. There a whole lot of voices in there. But don't worry -- they all know him. :wink:

-Marie-

Marie you just crack me up. When I read BrooklynBilly's post to my dog Charlie, he just laid down and put his paws over his eyes and snorted! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
In brightest day,
In blackest night,
No evil shall escape my sight.
Let those who worship evil’s might,
Beware my power: Green Lantern’s Light.
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy."- MLK Jr.
'Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.'" JFK

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:11 am

jwolfbauer wrote:
Marie wrote:
BrooklynBilly wrote: Greens running as Democrats would get absolutely nowhere outside of Berkeley, the Upper West Side and Ann Arbor.

-Marie-
Marie you just crack me up. When I read BrooklynBilly's post to my dog Charlie, he just laid down and put his paws over his eyes and snorted! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Are you shitting me???-- that's just what I did!!! :grin:

-Marie-

Return to “2009”