Countdown 12/8/2009

KO.O. Stuff from 2009
Slfriend79
Site Admin

Countdown 12/8/2009

Postby Slfriend79 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:17 pm

I like the idea of a 'Buy In' to Medicare for people 55 and up but what about the rest of us? :?

What the :censor: is it with people calling 911 about their screwed up 'Fast Food' orders. ](*,)

And Mayor Wiseman now saying his rant on 'Facebook' about President Obama and 'A Charlie Brown Christmas' was a joke... Right. :roll:

" I'm not scared of Hell. It's just Heaven for bad people." Peter Capaldi As The Twelfth Doctor - Heaven Sent

Marie
Certified Fan

Re: Countdown 12/8/2009

Postby Marie » Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:04 am

Slfriend79 wrote:I like the idea of a 'Buy In' to Medicare for people 55 and up but what about the rest of us? :?

Mmmm... looking at the back of Keith's head and his neck and...

Oh! Medicare! Yes, it's more limited than the public option. I'm real disappointed about that. But at the same time it's going to make things better in some significant ways if they agree to include EVERYONE under 55 who wants to buy into the program.

It will provide an infusion of money to Medicare. It will make health care affordable to a vulnerable segment of the population. Not only will boomers have manageable premiums but as Medicare enrollees, they'll also be eligible for supplemental insurance to cover copays and the percentage of the bills that Medicare doesn't cover!

It will also put pressure on private insurers to lower their premiums, and hospitals and other medical providers could lower their fees because they would no longer have to eat the charges that patients without means were not able to pay.

All from just that one action -- if they can get it passed!

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

CandyCanes

Postby CandyCanes » Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:34 am

Screw Medicare. So what, are we just going to ignore people younger than 55?

I want the public option or nothing at all.

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:17 am

CandyCanes wrote:Screw Medicare. So what, are we just going to ignore people younger than 55? . . .
Nope, you build on it.

I thought for once we weren't going to have to settle for incremental, but it looks like that's the way it's shaping up again. Timid politicians, putting their big toe in the water.

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

RPY

Postby RPY » Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:54 pm

Our Washinton overlords will continue in the established fashinon: 1} serving themselves, 2] make amendments to the corporations -inclusive drug producers- who help to put politicos into business, and 3] throw a few crumbs to 'the people'. :lol: [redlasso][/redlasso]

Return to “2009”