Just checking in.

KO.O. Stuff from 2009
Olbyisawesome

Just checking in.

Postby Olbyisawesome » Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:34 pm

Thought I would ask how that stimulus package is working for you? Unemployment is a lagging indicator, but it doesn't lag this much. :lol: Hey at least we found bottom though, right? Sorry I'll stop now.

SusieQ
Site Admin

Re: Just checking in.

Postby SusieQ » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:08 pm

Aw, olby, good to see you haven't lost your sense of daring. :grin:
The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness.
-John Kenneth Galbraith

A conservative is a man with two perfectly good legs, who, however, has never learned to walk forward.
-Franklin D. Roosevelt

dejapig
Site Admin

Postby dejapig » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:22 pm

Olbyisawesome wrote:Thought I would ask how that stimulus package is working for you? Unemployment is a lagging indicator, but it doesn't lag this much. :lol: Hey at least we found bottom though, right? Sorry I'll stop now.

Actually, unemployment does lag this much. You, however, are right on schedule with all the other GOP naysayers. :roll:

http://washingtonindependent.com/62773/lagging-economic-indicator-sets-up-2010-gop-rhetoric
When the Labor Department last week revealed that the economy shed more than 260,000 jobs in September, Republicans knew exactly where to place the blame. ... The accusations lend a glimpse at what voters can expect to hear during next year’s campaign season. But, many experts say, they also ignore the simple economic reality that job creation has trailed almost every other indicator of economic recovery in the wake of recessions going back at least 20 years. The reasons are varied — ranging from employers’ fears of hiring before the downturn ends, to the reemergence of idle workers who had stopped looking for jobs altogether. But the result, in each case, has been to delay the post-recession recovery of the labor market. And this time around, economists are warning, will be no different.

“Unemployment is typically a real lagger,” said Chad Stone, chief economist at the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities, a liberal policy analysis group. “No one expected there to be job growth at this point.”

Desmond Lachman, economist at the conservative American Enterprise Institute, echoed that sentiment, arguing that the labor market recoveries of recent decades haven’t occurred before “a quarter or two after the economy has bottomed.”

“That’s the normal pattern,” Lachman said.

Just checking in, my ass. :?
Be who you are & say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter & those who matter don't mind. --Dr. Seuss
Keith Olbermann rocks! --dejapig

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:31 am

OIA, come back when you can't stay so long.

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

Return to “2009”