Tiger Woods

KO.O. Stuff from 2009
winterbabe

Tiger Woods

Postby winterbabe » Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:12 pm

Keith seems to really dislike Tiger Woods. Last night he made that comment to Michael Musto that the sports writers have been giving Tiger a free pass for the past 15 years. I wonder what they were covering up for him?

SusieQ
Site Admin

Re: Tiger Woods

Postby SusieQ » Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:36 pm

These women are just opportunists. Tiger was a fool not to realize that. But yeah, the media should just leave him and family alone.
The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness.
-John Kenneth Galbraith

A conservative is a man with two perfectly good legs, who, however, has never learned to walk forward.
-Franklin D. Roosevelt

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:47 pm

Ditto on the objection to the blanket news coverage and use of the word "mistress" (what, do they have whips and wear leather bustiers or something, LOL?)

I think what Keith meant about giving him a free pass for 15 years was that Tiger apparently isn't always, let us say, well-behaved on the golf course. For Keith, the game and how you play it -- including sportspersonship, treatment of fans, etc. -- is what it's all about, so he would judge athletes on that aspect. But not fooling around while they're on the road, that hasn't been a big consideration for him.

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

CandyCanes

Postby CandyCanes » Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:27 pm

^
It was actually 50,000.

Yeah, Keith is picking on Tiger too much for my liking. Who cares? Tiger isn't a politician, he's an athlete.

Look at all the athletes that have cheated on their wives or have had drama:
Kobe Bryant
Shaquille O'Neal
Dywane Wade
Allen Iverson
Dwight Howard

And SO many more.

Guys like Derek Jeter are smart for waiting until they retire before they get married.

WeReAllDoomed

Postby WeReAllDoomed » Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:57 pm

Those are the headlines...god I wish they weren't.

terryballard

Postby terryballard » Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:01 am

SusieQ wrote:These women are just opportunists. Tiger was a fool not to realize that. But yeah, the media should just leave him and family alone.

One of them was a reality tv wannabee. Anybody see a warning light there?
"Once in a while you can get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right."
The Grateful Dead

Slfriend79
Site Admin

Postby Slfriend79 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:09 pm

" I'm not scared of Hell. It's just Heaven for bad people." Peter Capaldi As The Twelfth Doctor - Heaven Sent

winterbabe

Postby winterbabe » Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:54 pm

Michael I have to disagree with you about Tiger Woods. No, he never said he was a moral defender but in my opinion, when a public figure takes large amounts of money for endorsements, acting as if they know better than us about which products to buy, and they set up foundations, they become role models and should conduct themselves accordingly. As Joseph Kennedy drilled into his children "To Whom Much Is Given, Much is Expected."

SusieQ
Site Admin

Postby SusieQ » Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:59 pm

Anything for money. What a stupid game.
I can see why Tiger wants this to go away. The more I see of what he apparently did, (and believe me, I am not looking for news about him), the more disgusted I am with him. Why the heck did he wait until he had a wife and children to start doing this stuff? Nada of this type of gossip before, when he was single and it would not have been controversial. Just another stupid guy.
The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness.
-John Kenneth Galbraith

A conservative is a man with two perfectly good legs, who, however, has never learned to walk forward.
-Franklin D. Roosevelt

BrooklynBilly
Forum's Senior Troll

Postby BrooklynBilly » Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:51 am

winterbabe wrote:Michael I have to disagree with you about Tiger Woods. No, he never said he was a moral defender but in my opinion, when a public figure takes large amounts of money for endorsements, acting as if they know better than us about which products to buy, and they set up foundations, they become role models and should conduct themselves accordingly. As Joseph Kennedy drilled into his children "To Whom Much Is Given, Much is Expected."

Are we to assume that the Kennedy's are moral role models. Please, you might like their politics but they all seemed to spend most of their recreation pursuing sexual affairs or drink.
Nemo surdior est quam is qui non audiet

RPY

Postby RPY » Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:26 pm

Life is too short and precious to be concerned about some fellow trying to hit a ball with a stick :oops:

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:57 am

An Orange County Register sports writer responds to Keith's remark about Tiger getting preferential treatment. (Reading it, I had to laugh because it reminded me of me defending Keith from his detractors. :-)

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/wood ... e-comments

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

Return to “2009”