COUNTDOWN, 10-9-2009

KO.O. Stuff from 2009
Marie
Certified Fan

COUNTDOWN, 10-9-2009

Postby Marie » Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:08 pm

Will Keith follow the recent pattern and take Friday off? Usually there's been a tweet by now.

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

Slfriend79
Site Admin

Re: COUNTDOWN, 10-9-2009

Postby Slfriend79 » Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:33 pm

David Shuster wasn't on his show today :-k so I'm not betting on Keith being on 'Countdown' tonight. :-(
"Laugh hard, run fast, be kind." - Peter Capaldi as the Twelfth Doctor (Twice Upon A Time)

SusieQ
Site Admin

Postby SusieQ » Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:51 pm

No Shuster either. It was Lawrence tonight. Good show. Free clinic.com has made over $200,000 in donations since Keith's special comment Wednesday. =D>
The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness.
-John Kenneth Galbraith

A conservative is a man with two perfectly good legs, who, however, has never learned to walk forward.
-Franklin D. Roosevelt

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:55 pm

Larry didn't lose his head when the teleprompter failed. He had a low-tech paper script as backup! =D>

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:07 am

From Joshua Robinson, live-blogging tonight's game:

"In other news, it’s still fairly quiet around Yankee Stadium and, were Keith Olbermann and Bill O’Reilly sitting closer together than they are at the moment, there could be more tension in the stands than on the field."

And then he adds:

"O’Reilly, like Donald Trump, took a hefty round of boos when he showed up on the big screen."

http://bats.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/10/0 ... kees-2/?hp

:lol:

-Marie-

Slfriend79
Site Admin

Postby Slfriend79 » Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:48 am

Marie wrote:From Joshua Robinson, live-blogging tonight's game:

In other news, it’s still fairly quiet around Yankee Stadium and, were Keith Olbermann and Bill O’Reilly sitting closer together than they are at the moment,

KO mentioned this on his Baseball blog. :wink:

AND FINALLY: Yes, it's true. Bill O'Reilly and I in the same place at the same time, in the Yankee suites restaurant, and then three rows and seven seats apart. No one was injured, and everybody had a good time.

http://keitholbermann.mlblogs.com/archi ... again.html

He also gave an 'Update' on his Dad. O:)

And to everybody who's asked about my Dad - thank you, and he thanks you. Got in several hours with him before the Mental Vacation in the Bronx, and several late tonight. They keep throwing him spitballs and curves and he fouls them off as adroitly as Richie Ashburn in his prime. His main issues have all but been resolved, it's now just a sequence of complications. But he keeps fouling them away and hanging in there.

http://keitholbermann.mlblogs.com/archi ... again.html
"Laugh hard, run fast, be kind." - Peter Capaldi as the Twelfth Doctor (Twice Upon A Time)

SusieQ
Site Admin

Postby SusieQ » Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:35 pm

Continued best wishes to Mr Olbermann.
The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness.
-John Kenneth Galbraith

A conservative is a man with two perfectly good legs, who, however, has never learned to walk forward.
-Franklin D. Roosevelt

eblackadder3

Postby eblackadder3 » Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:06 pm

Wonder if Keith will return tomorrow (Monday)?
I hope he does, but won't be surprised if he doesn't.
I'd love to see Eugene Robinson fill in for him sometime.

Return to “2009”