Whats up with Countdown Is Keith Ok?

KO.O. Stuff from 2009
doogles2009

Whats up with Countdown Is Keith Ok?

Postby doogles2009 » Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:18 pm

With all due respect to the guest hosts they do a fairly good bang up job, however I really tune into KO for his wit, and incisive view on todays issues....................... yet he is conspicuously absent these days Does anyone know whats up ? I watch Countdown because of him and there are numerous Worst persons whom havent been named :grin:

winterbabe

Re: Whats up with Countdown Is Keith Ok?

Postby winterbabe » Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:21 pm

Now that I checked Keith's MLB blog I am convinced he is off because of his father. If you read this blog, Keith, your father is in my prayers.

SusieQ
Site Admin

Postby SusieQ » Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:30 pm

I hate to agree, but all indications seem to be that Keith is taking off for his father. All my best wishes to the Olbermann family.
The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness.
-John Kenneth Galbraith

A conservative is a man with two perfectly good legs, who, however, has never learned to walk forward.
-Franklin D. Roosevelt

doogles2009

Postby doogles2009 » Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:16 pm

Yes we need to keep him in our prayers thanks for the rely

eblackadder3

Postby eblackadder3 » Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:51 pm

I certainly hope Keith's Dad is okay, but I'm really missing him on Countdown. The past few months it seems like it's almost a daily crapshoot whether or not Keith will appear.

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:28 pm

The gossip site Gawker is saying that Keith plans to be back tonight.

(The rest of the article is pure malicious slime, so I'm not posting a link. Readers may search it out on their own responsibility.)

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

WeReAllDoomed

Postby WeReAllDoomed » Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:10 pm

That's not a picture of Keith! The ear, nose and eyebrow - all wrong.

Woah, Gawker are awful, just callous.
Those are the headlines...god I wish they weren't.

arabesque

Postby arabesque » Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:22 pm

Hello to all. I've been reading the forum for about a year and finally decided to register.

Yep, Gawker. Snark, snark, snark. I don't even think it's K.O. in the picture. But, I've never seen a profile picture of him, so, who knows? But, it is baseball playoff season (or close to it). It is his escape, from what I understand.

I certainly hope his father is going to be all right. My dad was in the hospital recently and I know how scary it feels.

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:27 pm

WeReAllDoomed wrote:That's not a picture of Keith! The ear, nose and eyebrow - all wrong.
Are you talking about this photo at the ball park? I thought it looked like him.

And I don't think there's a thing wrong with his being there! I assume he and his sister are taking turns being with their dad.

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

WeReAllDoomed

Postby WeReAllDoomed » Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:04 pm

My spidy-senses say "nope!' I'll try find a pic of Keith from that kind of angle....ah, google:

Screen shot 2009-09-30 at 21.59.29.png

Look at the ear lobe - dangly vs joiny...(unless Keith is asymmetrical, like Stephen Colbert!)

I agree that it obviously wouldn't be somehow "wrong" for Keith to go to the game - I just don't think that's him!

But my eye-sight is shocking...

I really hope his father is doing OK. My granddad has just recovered from a heart attack, its such a frightening thing to face.

SusieQ
Site Admin

Postby SusieQ » Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:15 pm

How stupid of gawker to make comments about whether Keith was at a ballgame or not. If that is him, could that be his nephew with him? Maybe he is giving his sister a chance to sit with their dad, and his nephew a break from mom's worries. And if it isn't him, all the more stupid of them.
The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness.
-John Kenneth Galbraith

A conservative is a man with two perfectly good legs, who, however, has never learned to walk forward.
-Franklin D. Roosevelt

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:23 pm

WeReAllDoomed wrote:My spidy-senses say "nope!' I'll try find a pic of Keith from that kind of angle....ah, google:

download/file.php?id=544&t=1
Look at the ear lobe - dangly vs joiny...(unless Keith is asymmetrical, like Stephen Colbert!)

I agree that it obviously wouldn't be somehow "wrong" for Keith to go to the game - I just don't think that's him!
Okay, I'm convinced after seeing that side-by-side comparison. In fact I myself had noticed when correcting screen caps how Keith's lobe is joined, and that should have been a dead giveaway!

Nice catch, Doomed. I hope the "G-men" at Gawker get their asses kicked for posting that!

-Marie-

WeReAllDoomed

Postby WeReAllDoomed » Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:51 pm

Although, well done to the "man who kind of looks like Keith'. I hope he does good impressions. At least he's a Yankees fan!

I'm cancelling my opticians appointment...

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:53 pm

WeReAllDoomed wrote:Although, well done to the "man who kind of looks like Keith'. I hope he does good impressions. At least he's a Yankees fan!

I'm cancelling my opticians appointment...
Yeah, you're okay, LOL.

-Marie-

Trekkerlass

Postby Trekkerlass » Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:25 pm

WeReAllDoomed wrote:My spidy-senses say "nope!' I'll try find a pic of Keith from that kind of angle....ah, google:

Screen shot 2009-09-30 at 21.59.29.png

But my eye-sight is shocking...

I really hope his father is doing OK. My granddad has just recovered from a heart attack, its such a frightening thing to face.

Upon first sight I thought it was Keith. For instance, the nose is shaped the same. But on further reflection, I say close, but no cigar. Receding double chin, and the ear lobes are wrong. YMMV
'What are the lessons to be learned from this journey of the mind "through the universe"? That humans are emotionally fragile, perennially gullible, hopelessly ignorant masters of an insignificantly small speck in the cosmos. Have a nice day.'--Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Return to “2009”